Drew McIntyre Returning as The Chosen One?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
We noted before that Drew McIntyre was being discussed for a character change and that he may be leaving 3MB soon. After missing some ringside appearances with partners Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal, McIntyre has changed his Twitter bio. Last night he tweeted, "#WheresDrew?" He also tweeted a "what's next" message last week:

"WWE gives me unique opportunity to feel like working territories, first Mid South as Chosen One, Memphis madness with 3MB,wonder what's next"

Drew's Twitter bio now reads like this, mentioning his old "Chosen One" gimmick:

"WWE Superstar Drew McIntyre's forceful nature is only outdone by his extreme confidence and ironclad resolve as The Chosen One."
Would like to see this happening as I think he's been humbled for long enough now by put in that horrible 3MB group which never looked right from the very start. I wasn't originally a fan of Drew, thought he was overpushed and extremely bland but I ended up eventually taking a liking to him when he seemed to switch up his style and became super aggressive in his ring work, prior to him getting drafted I believe it was. Also, the amazing theme music would be back :mark: providing he wouldn't get a jobber entrance all the time.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Pretty much echoing Dale's thoughts here. Wasn't a fan of Drew at first, but he got FUCKING AWESOME when he was owning bitches on Superstars and I think he is so much more ready than he was when he got that first push. Plus that theme music :homer:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Only time I ever really enjoyed Drew was he beating on Matt Hardy every week during that feud oh and that time he really shined in the 2011 Elimination Chamber match. But i'm willing to give it anther chance, and as Dale and Chris have both said DAT THEME MUSIC!

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Its all about that theme music man. But I'm ready for Drew Mc to start getting some time to shine again.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The fuck is wrong with 3MB? Being a comedy jobber team is fine for him, I don't care about his entrance theme, if I wanted to hear it, it's on iTunes.

Should've just tried harder to get over in the group instead of multiple gimmick changes, those never work. It's the gradual slow burn changes when a character gets some steam under them....that's when the guy becomes a big deal. Seriously, do shit to make people look at you when you pose with your group. Rock would be the last guy to put his fist in the air in The Nation, Konnan would stand directly behind Hogan when it came to nWo 35 minute promos. Small shit like that can get you over more than jumping back and forth from gimmick to gimmick.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The fuck is wrong with 3MB?

They were hilariously awesome at first, but they don't do anything anymore. And yes, I get that they're jobbers and aren't supposed to but they need 100 times more backstage segments and then I'd love them even more.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
They were hilariously awesome at first, but they don't do anything anymore. And yes, I get that they're jobbers and aren't supposed to but they need 100 times more backstage segments and then I'd love them even more.

I agree, hard to get anything to stick if you don't keep showing it.

Wrestling is like a geek begging a hot girl for sex, you keep on trying and some actually get it.....most don't. Much like wrestlers getting over, most don't.....but some do. Everyone can't get over. Something alot of people who think they know wrestling don't seem to get.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Does this mean I can take him seriously again? I did not like him in 3MB honestly, just didn't suit him.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Does this mean I can take him seriously again? I did not like him in 3MB honestly, just didn't suit him.

To be fair, he pulled off the look a lot better than the other two, especially fucking Jinder :lmao

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I like Drew but I'll believe him becoming a star when it starts to happen. I don't know how him leaving 3MB is going to work since it's probably the best shot he's had in years at getting airtime. Sure there's not much room for him to get over since he's usually at ringside for 4 minute matches every week, but it's still better than winning singles matches on Superstars where no one sees it. Because that's what I think he'll end up doing.

3MB will inevitably disband, we all knew such a strange combination wouldn't last forever. So if Drew returns to his old gimmick there'd better be something for him to actually do or he'll just float around the empty void again.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I swear if 3MB were to actually filmk vignetees and backstage promos everyweek, they would get over as a comedic act, but being i the Barry Horrowitz position that they are in,it is damn near impossible getting over just being in the ring.

3MB would've been a huge act if Vince Russo was around. These teams are his specialty.

If I was them, I would grab a camera and make vignettes on my own, worked great for Bray Wyatt, worked for Zack Ryder, but he was a goofy face and not a goofy heel stable which would probably work better for the 3MB.