Dream Star Fighting Marigold

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
For those who want to know it's a Marigold show with what appears to be thousands of people dressed as empty seats

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
so they are having attendance problems? Bummer but not shocking, this promotion has almost no buzz over here at least

DaveRodgers

Reaction score
Attendances haven't been great but that's kind of the way things are in Joshi wrestling. Stardom is the dominant force and everyone else is fighting for the scraps leftover. They announced 866 for the last Korakuen but they exaggerate by about 15% so probably about 750.

Sent from my moto g14 using Tapatalk

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
750 at Korakuen isn't good if that's paid but the building is very cheap I believe so they may not necessarily be doing bad financially bc of that, just isn't a good look rn.

Have heard very mixed things about Sarree/Bozilla, I might just have to watch that one myself. Some absolutely love it, some say it was a mess. All the clips I've seen looks like it was great tho

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
750 at Korakuen isn't good if that's paid but the building is very cheap I believe so they may not necessarily be doing bad financially bc of that, just isn't a good look rn.

Have heard very mixed things about Sarree/Bozilla, I might just have to watch that one myself. Some absolutely love it, some say it was a mess. All the clips I've seen looks like it was great tho

I mean Sareee is the Women of the Year in my eyes and I can say I loved it but I've been ringing the Bell for Sareee way before people knew of her. As for attendance when you have a Company starting up it's going to happen. Alot of the talent on the Roster are young and upcomers with a good dose of vets so the fans in general are just starting to feel invested in those younger talents and it's Company.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think the biggest problem they have is the roster is tiny and we don't really see anything in place yet for them to generate anyone new

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

DaveRodgers

Reaction score
I thought Sareee v Bozilla was great. Not a MOTYC or anything, but a super fun match with a bit of an old-school dynamic where the Japanese hero has to overcome the big foreign monster (almost like a homage to Inoki v Andre, especially with the finish).

DaveRodgers

Reaction score
One of the problems Marigold as a whole has is it feels very old Stardom and while that's great for me and other old Stardom heads, Stardom's popularity exploded post Bushiroad takeover and most fans prefer the newer version of it. And the similarities with Stardom mean your more hardcore Joshi fans who prefer a more traditional style instead of the idol style will stick with Marvelous, Sendai, etc.

DaveRodgers

Reaction score
Rossy is also a very conservative booker, so while he has a handful of solid stars in Utami, MIRAI and Miku, he rarely actually books the big stars to face off in big matches. We only just got the first Red Belt defence after all, and all of Miku's White belt defences have been against lesser stars. Although I think Rossy might pivot from that as this past show we basically have Nanae challenging for the Red Belt booked and Miku teasing a White v Red belt unification match. So hopefully he's gotten the message through attendances that fans want things to move a bit quicker and the big stars to actually face each other.

Apologies for the triple post.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'd actually say it's smarter to hold off on those as long as he can and if he can end up putting them on knce the company has grown it'll be proven as the right call

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
One of the problems Marigold as a whole has is it feels very old Stardom and while that's great for me and other old Stardom heads, Stardom's popularity exploded post Bushiroad takeover and most fans prefer the newer version of it. And the similarities with Stardom mean your more hardcore Joshi fans who prefer a more traditional style instead of the idol style will stick with Marvelous, Sendai, etc.

I would agrue that Stardom was already booming before Bushiroad got involved which is why Bushiroad felt like the investment of getting involved would be good for them. Rossy to me has never been a great Booker probably one of the most incosistent ones I've seen in the Joshi world. The newer people aren't that much better how can you have Tam Nakano lose all her Grand Prix Matches then give her a Red Belt title vs Ruaka and her win it right off the Bat.

DaveRodgers

Reaction score
I'd actually say it's smarter to hold off on those as long as he can and if he can end up putting them on knce the company has grown it'll be proven as the right call
Maybe, but I'd argue it's easier to grow and get a buzz when you're building to the biggest matches you have. The fact we never got an Utami v Guilia match in either Stardom or Marigold to me is a bit of an indictment on his conservative approach. That's a money match that sadly may never happen now unless Utami goes to WWE (god forbid).

Reactions: Chris

DaveRodgers

Reaction score
I would agrue that Stardom was already booming before Bushiroad got involved which is why Bushiroad felt like the investment of getting involved would be good for them. Rossy to me has never been a great Booker probably one of the most incosistent ones I've seen in the Joshi world. The newer people aren't that much better how can you have Tam Nakano lose all her Grand Prix Matches then give her a Red Belt title vs Ruaka and her win it right off the Bat.
I agree Tam winning the title after losing all her GP matches was dumb. She's at least the right person to hold the title, I don't Natsuko Tora was (and I think that's who you meant, not Ruaka. They'd have real problems if Ruaka was the champ, haha).

• Haha
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I agree Tam winning the title after losing all her GP matches was dumb. She's at least the right person to hold the title, I don't Natsuko Tora was (and I think that's who you meant, not Ruaka. They'd have real problems if Ruaka was the champ, haha).

Yeah Tora :lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Maybe, but I'd argue it's easier to grow and get a buzz when you're building to the biggest matches you have. The fact we never got an Utami v Guilia match in either Stardom or Marigold to me is a bit of an indictment on his conservative approach. That's a money match that sadly may never happen now unless Utami goes to WWE (god forbid).

I can't defend not doing Giulia/Utami at all so I agree there. I'd say there's a chance Giulia comes back for it but who knows

Reactions: Canadian Dragon