Dragon Age Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I don't know if there's a thread for this, but there sure as hell should be, but either way, i'm making one now and hoping at least a couple of people around here have played this game.

But either way, 2's coming out next year and looks completely gay. The first one is a pretty great game, well, it's open ended, and the way I played, after I bought Witch Hunt the ending kind of ruined it as is. And since the second one...i'll see if anyone's played it before I go into that rant.

Pretty simple thread otherwise, how'd things go in your playthrough? Did you like the game/expansion/DLC? (I didn't bother with the expansion and only cared about the Witch Hunt DLC from the start.) What system? Buying DA2? There's a bunch of different things to talk about it, so here ya go.

nation

Reaction score
I've been pretty interested in this game but I've been kind of turned off by the style of gameplay and the supposedly pretty disappointing DLC. But I've seen some nice praise for this game and I really want to try it out. I've been introduced to many new genres/gameplay styles and idk maybe I'll end up loving this style of role playing game. Fuck buying the game now though, hell no. The ultimate edition is coming next month and includes all the DLC and the expansion. So I can't really show my opinion of it as I haven't played it but if anyone else hasn't played it and is interested in it, screw getting the game now because the new edition will have everything.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
No way, fuck the ultimate edition. The expansion and the DLC are just Bioware's way of trying to fleece you for money. I mean i've heard that the other two DLCs besides Witch Hunt are alright, but the expansion still costs an unnecessary 30-40 bucks, so i'd say get the regular game used now for cheaper and get the DLC based on the way the story goes if you want, then get prepared for a big time letdown once reading about DA2. It's an open ended RPG, literally you decide EVERYTHING you say and do. It's more about doing stuff than fighting.

The best way to describe the game is Like Final Fantasy 12 crossed with Mass Effect, or KOTOR i'd say.