Draft Backfire.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LKP

Smackdown and ecw did ok in the draft. I think raw without hbk and hhh lacks something. Maybe an edge or Punk. Mind you i heard that wwe are bringing sheamus and Eric escobar to raw shows so the talent will improve soon.

razaki

Reaction score
So you don't like Batista, that's fine. But what you're not taking into account is he is easily one of the most popular stars on the roster. He gets a huge reaction not only during his entrance, but all throughout his matches. So to say that draft has backfired when the majority of fans are really into the main feud on Raw is just silly.

I completely agree. The pops he is getting as soon as his entrance music hits are some of the biggest on RAW, at least. Hell, I marked out for him when he returned a month or so ago. Yeah, he botches lines here and there, but ultimately it's what the fans as a whole think, and - not entirely unlike Cena - they love him regardless of what some people on the forum think.

And I've actually been preferring Smackdown, myself. I thought last week's show was great. I'm happy overall with how the WWE is handling things, though. Hopefully they'll continue to push both Morrison and Miz, at the very least. With HHH, HBK, etc., taking their time off, it's as good a time as any to start grooming some more.

noumenon

@Mike/Famous...(whatever you are now-a-days..lol)...to say RAW wasn't stacked is pure craziness. They have HHH, HBK, Orton, Batista, Kennedy and MVP. Sure Smackdown got Jericho...that's about the biggest star power that was added to the show. Their intention was the stack the RAW roster but I think they missed their mark on what a lot of people want to see. Fresh new faces and new pairings rather than the same guys going for the title over and over again.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^You're talking the Main Event scene? Raw has been dominated by new faces since the draft. And even in the ME scene, you've still got Priceless contributing, and they're still fresh in relation. Sure they're not challengers, but they're there. But Raw's been dominated recently by lower card, midcard, and upper-midcard guys. Big Show and Cena have dropped to Upper Midcard from Main Eventing WM. MVP is flirting with the ME while still being around guys who wouldn't get face time for shit if HBK and Triple H were there.

And they'll probably have established feuds with HBK and Triple H when they return.

Reaction score
Their intention was the stack the RAW roster but I think they missed their mark on what a lot of people want to see. Fresh new faces and new pairings rather than the same guys going for the title over and over again.
This is exactly what I was talking about in my last post. These fresh new faces are what YOU want to see, but not the majority. The majority is clearly still satisfied with Batista in the main spot for the time being. I realize that you haven't said it, but for example, there are many people on the Internet that feel MVP should be in a main event spot. Yet when you compare the reaction between Batista and MVP, well there is really no comparison. My point is this; the WWE is putting guys in the main event that the MAJORITY want to see. They aren't just catering to what you specifically want.

MikeRaw

@Mike/Famous...(whatever you are now-a-days..lol)...to say RAW wasn't stacked is pure craziness. They have HHH, HBK, Orton, Batista, Kennedy and MVP. Sure Smackdown got Jericho...that's about the biggest star power that was added to the show. Their intention was the stack the RAW roster but I think they missed their mark on what a lot of people want to see. Fresh new faces and new pairings rather than the same guys going for the title over and over again.

Read my second post.

LKP

I think if raw had hbk and hhh in action there would not be such a discussion imo.

MikeRaw

This is exactly what I was talking about in my last post. These fresh new faces are what YOU want to see, but not the majority. The majority is clearly still satisfied with Batista in the main spot for the time being. I realize that you haven't said it, but for example, there are many people on the Internet that feel MVP should be in a main event spot. Yet when you compare the reaction between Batista and MVP, well there is really no comparison. My point is this; the WWE is putting guys in the main event that the MAJORITY want to see. They aren't just catering to what you specifically want.

This is the truth, noumenon. You can still like SD, I do as well. SD has out-booked Raw for weeks now IMO. But you can't pretend Batista doesn't belong in the main event. The guy is probably the most over face on Raw right now.

Airfixx

...Let's not get too over-excited about the so-called pushes for Miz, MVP, Morrison and such - Let's face it mofo's still can't get no PPV time and let's face it, once HHH, HBK & Taker return that's at least 2 less PPV card spots to contend for each month.

On a slightly different note...

Make no mistake, Raw IS stacked, but like SD last year will probably choke to an extent becasue of the booking restrictions that come about from having an excessive amount 'protected'/'unbeatable' uber-stars on the same show...

LKP

Smackdown is where its at. At the moment i don't care Ive said this a hundred times raw has the stars but lacks the story lines and WRESTLING. Smackdown is the A show to me at the moment. Even as Orton as my Favorite guy i still think raw sucks.