Dr. Wagner Jr.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
CLSioxzl.jpg

Championships and accomplishments[edit]

A Tribute:

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I've seen very little Lucha Libre compared to American and Puro so I actually don't know much about this dude besides the name at all.

Reactions: Necro

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I've seen very little Lucha Libre compared to American and Puro so I actually don't know much about this dude besides the name at all.
Dr. Wagner Jr. started out as a Rudo, heel, but then transitioned slowly into a Tecnico, face, of which he became one of the top ones for CMLL. While he was still considered a rookie he got highly over with the fans and fans became calling him "Joven Leyenda" or "Young Legend". He would also begin wrestling elsewhere like New Japan and adopted elements from their style into his.

Wagner would turn full Tecnico following the death of his father. Wagner was in a four-way mask match on the first Arena Mexico show after his father's passing, and the fans did not want him to lose his mask that night under any circumstances. Wagner did not lose his mask, and the crowd clung to him after that moment. Wagner and CMLL tried to go back to the status quo after, but the fans cheered him enough to make a change. Think of it like how Misawa was cheered so much they made him win at the last minute.

Dr. Wagner becoming a Tecnico had ripple effects across CMLL, since he was feuding with Canek at the time, Canek had to turn Rudo for it to make sense. Later, in 2005, I think, fans loudly picked Wagner over Atlantis when they were setting up a mask versus mask match, to the point where Atlantis was tainted as a Tecnico, and he was forced to turn Rudo, and Wagner had become so popular, the match couldn't be done at a profit to all sides. This is the first time something like this has really happened in CMLL.

Following years, he become one of the most over Tecnicos to the point where he was used to test how effective a Rudo could be.

He is also the son of Dr. Wagner, legit, brother to Silver King, uncle to Leon Del Ring, and has two sons Hijo del Dr. Wagner and Galeno del Mal.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Lmaooo what's crazy is since that message I've since seen him live...twice :lol and became quite a fan

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah it was two GCW shows earlier this year. He was in the main event vs Joey Janela at one in February and then came back to Dallas over Mania weekend for the Collective and he was against Psycho Clown in a crazy main event at the Lucha show

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Awesome! I hope one day I can see him live.

• Haha
Reactions: DammitC