Downtime tomorrow night.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
leojay said:
Oh boy, can't wait for all the fags with DNS errors again :dawg:

Better that than having the site crash more often due to heavy traffic. It happened the other night if you didn't notice, much more annoying too.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Solidus said:
Better that than having the site crash more often due to heavy traffic. It happened the other night if you didn't notice, much more annoying too.

Yeah, I know. MySQL errors all night :upset:

I made a pastebin last time on how to correct the DNS errors with the hosts files, helped quite a few people I think. Want me to make one again? Or have you guys got that covered?

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
leojay said:
Yeah, I know. MySQL errors all night :upset:

I made a pastebin last time on how to correct the DNS errors with the hosts files, helped quite a few people I think. Want me to make one again? Or have you guys got that covered?

It should be fine, I'm gonna reduce the TTL value to about 3 minutes.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Might be a small delay, I don't get home until 10pm tonight. Hopefully get it done by 2am(11 hours from now) with 30 minutes downtime max.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Testify said:
Q & A on twitter?

:vince: Shite is about to go down.

Incorrect usage of the word 'shite'

:nogusta:

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Crayo said:
WWE Forums will be moving to a new server tomorrow night, and as always you can expect downtime while the DNS resolves. Whilst the site is down I will be on the Twitter and Facebook answering all questions and issues.

-Crayo

:no: :no: :no:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Respect Gohan6425 said:
:no: :no: :no:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't want the site to run faster and stabler? What are you evil?

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
A little faster for sure. Maybe more for those on the east coast, server is moving from Chicago to Kansas City.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Respect Gohan6425 said:
DO NOT TAKE DOWN THE SITE!

We need to take it down for a short while when we move servers. The data that the site consists off can not be in use when the move is done. It will only be half an hour, an hour tops.