Don't be scared homie!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
So, apparently Nick Diaz no showed two press conferences for his fight against GSP and Dana White has removed him from the main event of UFC 137 and put Carlos Condit in in his place.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/7...ut-carlos-condit-in-against-georges-st-pierre

This now leaves BJ without a fight for that card. Talk is that maybe Jon Fitch gets to take Condit's place against BJ, which to me makes sense given that their last fight ended in a draw. It's also entirely possible that BJ just gets pulled from the card altogether, but I think they'll do their best to match someone up against him for the show.

In what was an even stranger moment during the press conference a phone call was placed to Caesar Gracie, Diaz's manager who has said that he is terribly embarrassed and that nobody has any idea where Diaz is.

This is such a weird situation. Apparently Dana White said that he wasn't cutting Diaz, for what reason I don't know why. And while most people believe that Condit is in over his head in this fight, it still should be a good fight.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Since when did you get into MMA so much?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I started slowly following it once Brock started fighting and then at UFC 100 they completely overtook wrestling as my main interest and I've gone in head first to learn as much as possible. It's really just an incredible sport.

It doesn't hurt that the UFC knows how to book feuds better than any other mainstream wrestling company right now and does an amazing job of making you actually want to pay to see the fights which aside from the last couple of months I haven't wanted to pay for a WWE PPV in years.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Not to mention, no matter how predictable you think a fight is going to be, you're only one good hook from an upset.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Any word on where Diaz is yet?

Gracie's reaction concerns me, tbh... not on his behalf, but Diaz's... just saying...

As far as BJ, that's the one thing I dislike about MMA is the immediate cut and switch which generally leads to a sloppy fight. I hope they don't just stick Penn in a random fight... give him someone similar or someone he's familiar with.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Actually, he posted this on the same day: [YT]a4EbRnFn0Tg[/YT]

He's fine, he just didn't want to attend the "beauty pageant."

So yeah, they pulled him from the GSP fight and then two days later added him into the BJ fight. So now it's going to be GSP/Condit, BJ/Diaz. It should be a good fight and I'm really hoping that BJ fucks him up and sends him packing for good.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
So BJ gets Diaz and it just ends up as a switch between Condit and Penn. I reckon Diaz winning would give him the next shot again but to be honest, I don't think he's worth the trouble. He's not going to beat St-Pierre and he's not going to draw big numbers. I think the best Condit has the best chance of beating St-Pierre right now because of his defensive wrestling and his powerful hands. He needs to circle, not get pinned to the cage and give himself ample opporunities to test GSP's chin and I think he can pull it off.