Donnie watches WWF 1983

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score
WWF World Champion; Bob Backlund- Since 20/2/78
WWF Intercontinental Champion; Don Muraco-22/1/83
WWF Tag Team Champions; The Wild Samoans-19/3/83

WWF Championship Wrestling
September 3rd, 1983
Allentown PA

Match#1 Tito Santana vs Bob Bradley

Another rad for Tito this week. He dropkicks Bob right in the fucking head and just owns him in amazing fashion. Tito is the best, and i don't trust anyone who doesn't love him. He murders him with the Forearm to win.

Match#2 The Masked Superstar w/Grand Wizard vs Charlie Brown
Fuck yes, awesome follow up to the opener. MS pounds the poor kid to the death, and you can see how amazing he'll get when Demo forms in a few years and he's at his peak. He wins with the neckbreaker

In a pre-tape, Vince is with Masked Superstar and Wizard. Vince announces MS is the new #1 contender for the world title. MS says he respects Bob, but he doesn't like him and he wants the title more than anything. He's giving him a warning that he's not going to stand in his way.

Match#3 Sgt Slaughter w/Grand Wizard vs Frankie Williams
Jesus Christ, this episode is made for me. Sarge beats the crap out of this old jobber, and it's of course, awesome as fuck. You can really see WWF starting to get everything in place for what's about to happen, and it's a great feeling to see it happen when i know the end result. Sarge hits a NASTY slingshot suplex and nearly sends the guy out of the ring!!! Clutch ends the fun

Match#4 Mike Sharpe vs Steve King
MY GOD. Iron is very mad about the wimp chants from these assholes, so he kills the kid to send a message. Massive stomps and clubbering and everything in between, and it's a blast. Forearm ends it.

Match#5 Tony Atlas vs Ben Ortiz
Fuck, and we're so close.

Match#6 Big John Studd vs Roco Verona
Short one for the big man, but good enough as he's still getting a chance to wreak someone. Backbreaker does the deed.

Match#7 The Invaders vs Bill Dixon & Ken Jugan

Eat shit

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score

September 9th, 1983
Allentown PA

Match#1 The Wild Samoans w/Lou Albano vs Tony Garea & Pete Sanchez

Nice of Vince to remember he has tag champs and they should maybe get showcase matches. Good shit as alway, though, as they rock and don't miss even when all that is working against them. Big double headbutt ends it
*3/4

Match#2 Big John Studd vs Steve King

Another short but good one for Studd. He's simplistic in offence and not the flashiest of dudes, but he's mean as hell and that's enough. Backbreaker as always.

Match#3 The Masked Superstar vs Chuck Tanner
MS goes after the neck this week to soften the kid up for his finish, and it's good times. Sick neck crank and some nasty shots for a while before the Neckbreaker does it

Match#4 Don Kernodle vs Jeff Craney
Craney shaved his head and looks like Curley from the stooges, and it's a great look even if he didn't mean to do it. Don rules as always and beats up the wise guy for a while, and it's good shit. Running powerslam gets it.

Match#5 Sgt Slaughter w/Grand Wizard vs Rudy Diamond
Heartbreaking to think Wizard will die in a month. just a fucking tragic, tragic end to one of the very best to ever do it. On a happier note, Sarge drags this maggot to hell and back and makes me happy, and i bet it made GW happy as well. Also, i still laugh at the gay Jewish kid fucking with the KKK. Just a massive set of ball and zero fucks to give. Clutch ends the maggots life.
*3/4

Rodgers Corner with Lou Albano. Rodgers has a cover of a WWF magazine with Snuka on the front cover. Rodgers opens the book and shows a story about Lou and his family, notably his mum who was a classic pianist, and his brothers being school teachers, which makes Lou the black sheep of the family. Lou had offers from schools all over the world, but he chose wrestling. Lou snaps and challenges Buddy to a match if he's got the guts. Buddy says maybe, and we go home.

Match#6 Don Muraco w/Lou Albano vs Charlie Brown
Sadly, only 90 seconds this time, but still awesome as hell. Gross spike tombstone gets it over and done with.

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score

September 17th, 1983
Allentown, PA

Match#1 The Wild Samoans & Samula w/Lou Albano vs Charlie Brown, Chuck Tanner & Tony Garea

THE SAME FINE ASS SQUASH FROM THE 3 BLOODLINE MEMBERS. Fucking hell. Ok, sorry, it's just i need a fucking change up, and the same tired ass squash is not helping matters.
1/2*

Match#2 Jay Strongbow vs Terry Manton

Oh, please no. I thought i was finally done with the old (very old) guard, but they somehow prop back up every once in a while to remind me they're not dead yet. Very bad, and very lame, and i can't imagine even the kids at the time liked him. Sleeper ends it
Poop

Match#3 Salvatore Bellomo vs Bob Bradley

Sal eats some food before the match, and makes me very happy again. Just a wonderful small bit that i wish more people did. Good squash as he takes to the mat and has some nice stuff for a while, and i wish he got more chances to show off. As i typed that, he botched jumping off the ropes and had to scramble to grab the jobbers legs to drag him to the mat and pin him

Match#4 The Masked Superstar vs Rudy Diamond
MS gets 60 seconds this week, which is some real bullshit. Neckbreaker ends it

Rodgers Corner with Eddie Gilbert. Rodgers says Eddie broke his neck, which was never said on commentary, so what the fuck????? He thanks God and Bob Backlund for looking out for him, and he can't wait to get back into the ring.

Match#5 Eddie Gilbert vs Israel Matea
Vince says Eddie was in a car crash and that's how he broke his neck, so there you go. Good return for our guy as he's adding some sweet leg work on top of his already very solid offence. He wins with a running knee to the face.

*3/4

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score

September 24th, 1983
Allentown, PA

TONIGHT. Masked Superstar vs Eddie Gilbert

Match#1 Jimmy Snuka vs Butcher Vachon
Butcher jumps him from behind and beats his ass!!! Awesome stomps and punches from the old man, and some real good selling from Jimmy. Snuka quickly turns the tide and whips Butchers ass and kills him with the Splash to win. Sick 60 second match
*3/4

Match#2 Tito Santana vs John Callahan

The jobber is bad, so Tito can't have his normal awesome showing against him, so he mostly headlocks it up and doesn't bother to kill himself. Which. yeah fair enough. Tito wins with a top rope Forearm this week.

Match#3 The Tonga Kid vs Israel Matiea

One half of the future Islanders debuts, and it's cool to see him. He's super smooth and is more technical than his Bloodline family at this point, and it's a nice change of pace from what we're used to. He wins with a Victory Roll
*3/4

In a pre-tape, Vince announces Jimmy vs Don in a steel cage for MSG!!!!!! Don says the fans want to know if the cobra is going to bite the mongoose and kill it dead in the big apple, and he can see the fire in Jimmy's heart and soul, AND HE CAN SEE HIS WINGS SPREAD LIKE THE BIG COBRA. HE KNOWS HE'S READY TO DRIVE HIM TO THE FLOORS OF NYC, BUT THE MONGOOSE IS READY TO BITE, TEAR AND SHAKE THE KING COBRA UNTIL ALL LIFE IS GONE FROM IT. Jesus fucking Christ.

Match#4 Masked Superstar w/Grand Wizard vs Eddie Gilbert
Eddie uses his speed to evade for a while and keep MS on the run, and it works for a while and the big man is thrown off for the first time. MS finally catches him running in with a gross knee to the chin and starts pounding on the head and neck. He catches him with the slingshot Lariat and then the neckbreaker! But he's not done as he pulls him back up and hits another one before pinning him.

Post match, MS pulls Eddie out to the floor AND HE HITS ANOTHER NECKBREAKER ONTO THE CONCRETE AND EDDIE IS DEAD. He leaves and a referee and a doctor tend to Gilbert.

Rodgers Corner with Sgt Slaughter. It's another segment where Rodgers shows the new WWF magazine and shows some pics of Slaughter as the centerfold. As this is going on, we see Backlund running out to check on Gilbert, so Rodgers asks Sarge his thoughts on this. Sarge says this is a young punk who thought he was better than a Sgt, and now they can write his obituary. FUCK YEAH SARGE.

Sarge walks over for his match and taunts Bob at ringside, and some refs get in his way and make him get into the ring.

Match#5 Sgt Slaughter w/Grand Wizard vs Dick Tessier
Sarge wins in 10 seconds with the Clutch
1/2*

Post match, Sarge teasing attacking at ringside, but he laughs at them and leaves.

Eddie is now covered in a blanket and looks dead, and Bob is very sad and angry. Guess someone is getting stabbed tonight. An ambulance arrives and they take Eddie away after a very long time of being careful to pick him up and place him on the gurney. We get shots of little kids crying in the crowd, and it rocks so, so much. Incredible angle, and one of the best things WWF has done all year.

Match#6 Tony Atlas & Rocky Johnson vs Don Kernodle & Bob Bradley
Oh no, they've finally teamed up and life gets worse. Not horrible at least, as they keep it very short and don't let them look as terrible as they are. Rocky wins with the sunset flip in maybe 45 seconds.

1/2*

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score
WWF Philadelphia Spectrum- September 24th, 1983

Match#1 Bob Backlund (c) vs Sgt Slaughter (WWF World Championship. Texas Death Match. Tony Garea is the guest referee)
Turns into a pier 6 right away and they brawl at ringside and it's a ton of fun. Bob takes a gross bump to the concrete and hurts his back, but he manages to ram Sarge headfirst into the post and batters the hell out of his head with some gross forearms and punches. He slingshots him into the buckle and Sarge has an incredible bump, and an even cooler sell when he does a backflip on the landing. Bob keeps it up and continues to stay on Sarge and beat the hell out of him. It's rad stuff, but it's the classic bullshit heel in peril stuff, and is really jarring at points. it doesn't take anything away from the match, but it's something you need to get used to during the this time period. Sarge finally punches him in the ribs to take over and we get some awesome work on it, and Bob's selling is top tier. Sarge breaks out some gross stuff including a stomp off the top rope to the back of the fucking head, and then follows it up with a lariat to the head. He goes to catch him running off the ropes, but Bob turns it into a crossbody and gets 3 despite Sarge's legs being on the ropes.

Post match, Sarge snaps and beats the fuck out of Garea until Bob makes the save. Fair reaction given how bad he got fucked.

Match#2 Andre The Giant vs Big John Studd (Cage Match)
Studd attacks Andre as he's coming through the door and a wonderful brawl breaks out with both freaks throwing huge strikes as hard as possible. Andre slams his head off the cage and busts Studd open. He punches the cut and throws him over and over into the cage and Studd's concussion selling is amazing, and Andre looks amazing finally getting his revenge on this fucking shithead bully who picked the wrong person. Andre even stands on his fucking hands in a wonderful moment. Studd throws a punch to the gut and floors the big man, and tires to run for it, but Andre stops him and goes back to beating his ass. They fight on the mat and have a desperate struggle back to their feet with both men kicking each other in the face and doing everything they can to get free from one another. Studd holds onto Andre's hand and holds him there, so Andre spins around and kicks him in the fucking face and finally gets back to his feet. He throws him back into the cage over and over, and even bites the bloody cut!! ANDRE DROPS HIS ASS RIGHT INTO STUDD'S HEAD, AND THEN WHEN STUDD TRIES TO STOP HIM, HE DROPS A KNEE ONTO HIS FACE. AND THEN ANDRE PICKS HIM UP AND SLAMS HIM. FUCK YEAH. HE CLIMBS TO THE TOP AND HITS A MASSIVE BANZAI DROP AND WALKS OUT THE DOOR.

***1/2

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score

October 1st, 1983
Allentown PA

Tonight; Iron Shiek makes his return. OH SHIT

We go to footage of Eddie Gilbert in a hospital bed. He has no memory of how he hurt his neck, so the doc explains what happened and says he's suffered vertebrae injures and he must not wrestle. Eddie gets sad at having his dreams taking away, and the doc says he needs to spend time in rehab and do the right things, and you never know what might happen in the future. Eddie refuses to listen and says he refuses to stop.

Match#1 The Wild Samoans vs Salvatore Bellomo & Dick Tessier
Sal gets some token offence before his partner comes in to get killed. I've never understood why a star is placed in a match like this, when there is zero chance of them eating the pin, but the 80's were weird. Dick gets in and is promptly beaten to death by some angry Samoans. Samoan Drop ends it
*1/2

Match#2 Tito Santana vs Bob Bradley

Hell Yeah. Bob is awesome and gets a ton of token offence and kills it, and Tito sells really well before taking over and beating the fuck out of him in revenge. Tito hits a SICK dropkick to send him out of the ring onto the concrete, and it's a wild bump for Bob to take. Bless him. Tito beats his ass for a while longer and kills him with the Forearm.

In a pre-tape, Vince is with Masked Superstar. He calls Eddie a doormat that is stepped on and walked on when you want to move onto better things. Eddie is a punk who made a fatal mistake and he's done. MS is moving onto better and bigger things like Backlund. His only regret is that it wasn't Bob's neck he crushed on the cement. In the Garden he'll walk away with the championship belt.

Match#3 Ivan Koloff vs Ray Cotu
Very shit.

Match#4 Mike Sharpe vs Tom Clemens.
Iron is very mad at the wimp chants and takes it out on the jobber. Wonderful clubbering and stomping on the kid, and i adore that Mike just throws everything with so much anger to sell the story. Loaded forearm ends it
Post match, Sharpe punches the kid in the back of the head before leaving. THE BEST.

Rodgers Corner with Muraco. Don says Rodgers has sent all his men after him, and he's beaten all of them. He loses his shit after they try to wrap him up, and calls bullshit on this entire thing before storming off. Weird.

Match#5 Don Muraco w/Lou Albano vs Rudy Diamond
Don wins in 30 seconds with the Gordbuster
Motherfucker

Match#6 The Iron Sheik vs Chuck Tanner

GOD YES. HE BREAKS THE BACK AND FUCKS ASSES TO MAKE THEM AS HUMBLE AS POSSIBLE. Sheik is solid as hell at this point and really batters the kid with gross strikes and a few nasty suplexes. He wins with the Camel Clutch

Match#7 Tony Atlas & Rocky Johnson vs Len Kruger & Jeff Craney

Rocky looks more jacked than Tony at this point, which is a fucking crazy sight to behold. The match is whatever, but fuck it, at least Vince is finally building a feud. Gorilla Press ends it

1/2*

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score

October 8th, 1983
Allentown, PA

Match#1 Don Muraco w/Lou Albano vs Roco Verano

Don drags him to the mat and works the neck this week, and it's good times as he smiles the entire time as he nukes the poor kid. Tombstone does it

Match#2 Tony Atlas v Tony Colon
Very bad and very lame. Tony stinks man. Gorilla press ends it
1/2*

Match#3 Masked Superstar w/Grand Wizard vs Chuck Tanner

Wonderful beating from MS. Nasty clubbering to the head and some gross slams and throws. Everything you want from a squash. Neckbreaker gets it

Match#4 The Tonga Kid vs Bill Berger

TK eats the burger this week and it's a blast. He's really smooth on offence and reminds me of Tito, and holy shit i need that match asap. (not until 87, goddamn it). Victory Roll gets him the win.

Match#5 Tito Santana vs Jimmy Jackson
Great shit from Tito, and it makes me want to get to his IC run asap, because holy shit he's so good. He kills him with the Forearm and then locks in the Last Supper to win.

Rodgers Corner with Muraco. Buddy talks about Don being mad last week about getting cut off, and Don says Buddy is trying to make a fool of him again, so he hands the mic to Lou and lets him speak. Albano calls Buddy a coward who has gone out of his way to avoid fighting him for years and years, but he's offering a challenge that he can accept any time he gets the guts. Lou shoves him and walks off. Don grabs the mic and says he hopes finds a partner or some guts and fights them. Buddy gets the mic and says Jimmy is backing him up and they'll fight them. Awesome.

Match#6 Sgt Slaughter w/Grand Wizard vs Steve King
Sarge goes to the mat this week for a change and works the leg, and it's fun stuff from someone whose not doing that weekly. He eventually drags him back up and kills him with a lariat and then the clutch.

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score

October 15th, 1983
Allentown, PA

Match#1 Ivan Putski vs Bob Bradey

Fuck no

Match#2 Don Muraco w/Lou Albano vs Ken Jugan
Don targets the knee this week with stomps and cool holds, and hey, he rocks at it to the shock of no one. Gorbuster ends it.

In a pre-tape, Vince is with Muraco. Vince describes the cage match as the single most dangerous thing in ALL of wrestling, and it's an incredible sell job. Don says he reached the zen of his career and this is just another night on the town for him. He has survived this level of greatness and he's lived up to every expectation ever placed on his shoulders, He and Jimmy know what's about to happen and what they've agreed to do. WE ARE REAL, SUPERPLY. WE ARE ON THE TOP BECAUSE WE ARE, AND WE ENJOY WHAT WE'RE DOING. IF I LOSE AN EYE, OR A HUNK OF SKIN IT'S GOOD WITH HIM, BECAUSE IT'S ALL REAL TO HIM. DON IS FUCKING GOD.

Match#3 Mike Sharpe vs Chuck Tanner
Another great one for the Ironman of the WWF. I dread when he becomes a job guy, but damn it i will enjoy him until he's gone. Forearm ends my fun

Rodgers Corner with Bob Backlund. Buddy talks about Bob being in the best shape of any world champion in history, and Bob says it's all hardwork and trying his best to get better and better. (i'm sure the murder helps as well). He brings out an exercise wheel and says he's going to demonstrate it next week, and he's giving all his fire to Eddie Gilbert. He wants him to keep fighting.

Match#4 Jimmy Snuka vs Tony Colon
Jimmy works a headlock for a while and doesn't do anything cool this week, so fuck him again. Splash ends it.
1/2*

Match#5 Ivan Koloff w/Freddie Blassie vs Bob Clemens

Thankfully only 60 seconds before he wins with a flying knee to the chest.
Poop

Post match, Patterson talks some shit on commentary about Russia, and Ivan walks over and demands Pat come over and speak to him. Patterson obliges and meets him at ringside. Ivan calls him a liar for saying he breaks rules, and he doesn't like this at all. He is a dirty slimey American piece of trash (He's French Canadian, but given what we know, Ivan ain't wrong) Pat goes on a rant about Ivan being scum, SO IVAN FUCKING DECKS HIM AND RUNS OFF AS PATTERSON LOSES HIS SHIT. HAHAHAHAHAH GO RUSSIA.

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score
WWF Madison Square Garden-October 15th, 1983

Match#1 Bob Backlund (c) vs Masked Superstar (WWF Championship)
Bob doesn't rush in at all, and instead tries to keep it scientific as it's a smarter play than trying to fight this Axe like monster head on. We get clipped a little due to the WWE 24/7 gimmick, but i don't think we missed a ton of action. Bobby controls the arm for a while and it's all solid work, but you can see why fans are slowly getting sick of his shit at this point. MS thankfully kicks him to the floor to take over. Short control due to the clipping, but it's still really good for what we see. They fight on the outside and MS shoves him into some chairs and wins by countout

We go to Vince with Jimmy Snuka. Vince hypes the match and all the hype behind it. Jimmy says it has come to this conclusion is because Don knows what we did in the past, and now it's up to him. He will never forget what he did to him, and no one wants to be wrong ever, but he's right. ANYTHING can happen in this match, and we could get a broken neck. This is a match for true animals, and he will give ALL that has. Don has bought the animal out of him, and he hopes he knows what he has done. THIS IS THE CAGE MATCH OF ALL HELL.

We now go to Don Muraco. He says it's all been said and done, and he riled everyone up to the point he needed them to be at. He lives and breathes as a champion, and he knows what this is like unlike anyone else. He lives with everyone hating him and wanting him dead. Getting his face cut up means nothing to him when he got into this to be as hated as possible. He's ready.

images

At ringside, some hardcore legend is at ringside cheering for Jimmy. Nunzio, Dreamer and Bubba Ray are also there, but fuck them. This is about is about Mick Foley hitchhiking to the Garden to see his hero and deciding this is what he wants to do with his life. He's the best, and the reason i'm training myself.

Match#2 Jimmy Snuka vs Don Muraco (WWF Intercontinental Champion Steel Cage)
They rush each other and Jimmy gets the best of it and beats the fucking crap out Don. Sick strikes and amazing selling. Just wonderful pro wrestling, dudes. Don kicks him in the dick and slingshots him in the cage to bust him open, and Jimmy gets a fucking naaaaaaasty gash. Don works on it in amazing fashion and beats the shit out of him, and we get some insane visuals of Jimmy bleeding on the mat. Jimmy counters Don trying to leave and throws him into the cage and busts him open in revenge and goes on nuts on him in a wonderful comeback. Jimmy gets too angry and hits a dropkick that sends Don flying out the cage door and to the floor, and that's it.

Post match, Jimmy snaps and drags him back in and beats the fuck out of him and then hits the famous splash off the top in one of the coolest moments ever.

0a89013000f0c5b06e96bcca89ae49aab46effbb_00.gif

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score

October 22nd, 1983
Allentown PA

At ringside, Backlund has the neck wheel with him and he's going to try and break a world record for Eddie. He starts, and you can feel it die a death.

Match#1 Rocky Johnson vs Butcher Vachon
Another bad one for this goof. Dude brings nothing to it aside from stomps and punches, and he's just boring as hell. Bad sunset flips gets it.
1/2*

Match#2 The Iron Sheik w/Freddie Blassie vs Ray Cuto

Wonderful humbling from Sheiky baby. Camel Clutch breaks his back and makes him humble.

Post match, he gets the mic and shouts IRAN NUMBER 1. AMERICA IS *SPITS*

Match#3 Tito Santana vs Tony Colon
Great shit from Tito as is the norm. it's announced he's facing Muarco in Philly, so something amazing has just happened. Forearm cracks Colon dead and gets the win for Tito

In a pre-tape, Tony Atlas cuts the longest "happy to be here promo ever"

In another, Muraco says there are qualifications needed to fight for the IC title, and a lawn-mower and a garbage move ain't it. He thought the Latin people were meant to have fire and passion, but he thinks Tito is afraid of what he's gotten himself into.

They replay Koloff slapping Patterson for being the worst.

Match#4 Ivan Putski vs Bill Dixon
Dixon is a big husky dude and Ivan is JACKED, so you know Vince loved the idea of booking this. Very bad, of course. Also, i'm going to try and not get mad and skip any matches, so wish me luck, you wonderful humans. Polish Hammer does it
1/2*

Rodgers Corner w/Masked Superstar and Grand Wizard. (Wizard is already dead by the time of this airing. incredibly fucking sad). MS says he has zero remorse for what he did to Eddie, other than doing it ton a complete nothing instead of someone who matters.

Match#5 Masked Superstar w/Grand Wizard vs Steve King
MS kicks the shit out of the jobber, all while taunting Backlund (who is still doing his stupid neck stuff). Gross Neckbreaker ends it

Match#6 Sgt Slaughter w/Grand Wizard vs Rocco Vernoa

Wizard's last time on TV is with his best wrestler, and i can't think of a more fitting way to go out than that. Sarge wreaks the arm this week and it's great stuff as always. After disabling the kid, he kills him with the Lariat and the Clutch.

Match#7 The Invaders vs Bill Beger & Israel Metia
I will not be making a joke about an actual murderer stabbing and eating a burger. I am classy. Great showcase for them as they're smooth as hell, and take some big bumps for the jobbers when needed. One of them hits a SICK tope and kills a jobber dead, and it's such a wonderful thing to see in the 80's. One of them hiptosses the other onto a jobber for the win.

**1/2

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score

WWF AT THE SPECTRUM
OCTOBER 22ND, 1983

Match#1 Tony Garea vs Butcher Vachon

I will not skip. I will not skip. I willinfevbsrtildjofgkl b,dmrtdklj;gfh thndgfv. FUCK MAN. Ok, fine. This is completely horrible as Butcher is old and washed as fuck, and he only bothers to do a lose nerve hold and some garbage striking. Tony is not trained and is just the fucking dirt worst, so it's a bad combo and then some. Tony wins with a bad sunsetflip.
Poop stuck in your ass

Match#2 Tiger Chung Lee vs SD Jones

Oh, come the fuck on. Does WWF want to kill off Philly? Tiger is fine enough for the most part, and can throw a good chop, so maybe i don't hate him anymore? SD is trash though, and will never win me over. Tiger sits in a chin lock for a while and loses me again, so fuck him. Just a boring match, and i really do get how anyone wanted to see these two wrestle. Tiger reverses a bad crossbody and pins SD.
/213e4refd

Match#3 Tito Santana vs Sika

I was promised Tito/Don, so what the fuck. Sika stalls for a while because he hates Philly and isn't going to kill himself for these morons. I hate this fucking show, and i hate that i am sick and want to see it all. Sika punches him in the back of the head and Tito sells like death. We get a super fun control seg from the big man as he beats the hell out of Tito with some nasty strikes, and we get some wonderful selling from Tito. After a few great minutes, Tito mounts a firery comeback and catches Sika with a running Forearm to win.
**1/4

Match#4 Iron Mike Sharpe vs Swede Hansen

Mike beats the shit out of this dreadful bastard, and it's ok. Swede is bad and brings nothing to it, but Mike at least gets a lot of time on offence and really lays in his stuff when he gets a chance. Mike wins with the loaded forearm
*3/4

Post match. Swede is a big bitch and attacks Mike and runs him off.

Match#5 Bob Backlund (c) vs Sgt Slaughter (WWF Championship. Sicilian Stretcher Match)
This isn't your traditional stretcher match (Khan/Andre) as you need to knock the other guy out and then they'll bring it and take them away. So, it's just a sick brawl as it should be. Sarge strangles him with his wrist tape and turns Bob purple for a while, until Bob makes a comeback and goes full psycho and beats the shit out of him in revenge, and hurts his knee. They fight on the outside and Sarge rams him into the post to take back over. Sarge's knee is cooked and it holds him back on ending it, and he even fucks it up more on a atomic drop! His selling is tremendous as he hobbles and grabs at it whenever he gets a moment. They both throw big bombs (brainbuster from Bob, and a lariat from Sarge) and both dudes are now badly hurt and we get a wonderful manic fight trying to end it. Bob catches a dropkick and launches Sarge into the buckles jaw first and Sarge lands back into Bob's arms and he locks in the Crossface. He holds it for nearly a full minute and he chokes him out, and they bring a stretcher and take him away.
***1/4

Post match, Sarge runs back in and chokes Bob out with the Clutch before that pesky fuck Skaanland hits him with a boot to save Bob.

Pre match, Muraco refuses to put the strap on, so Snuka attacks him and the refs puts it on Don's wrist and ring the bell. Fucking bullshit

Match#6 Don Muraco (c) vs Jimmy Snuka (WWF Intercontiental Championship. Fijian Strap Match)
Jimmy beats his ass all over the place and looks to end it quick, but Don punches him in the dick and wraps the strap around his face and eyes and strangles him for a few minutes, and it's a wonderful visual. Jimmy eventually fights out and cuts Don open with a strap shot to the head and Muraco gets a gusher of a cut. Jimmy belts the fuck out of it and it's an amazing flurry of strikes, and a killer babyface gets his revenge moment. Jimmy wraps the belt around his neck and the ropes we get an AMAZING shot of a bloody and dying Muraco fighting for his life

Jimmy stays on it and batters him to near death, but when he goes for a killing blow, Don throws the ref into front of him. Jimmy gets back up and keeps beating his ass and hots another crazy splash, but the coward ref waves it off and calls for a DQ in a fucking strap match. GODDAMN IT

**3/4

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score

October 29th, 1983
Allentown, PA

REST IN POWER, GRAND WIZARD

Match#1 Rocky Johnson & Tony Atlas vs Rene Goulet & Bob Bradley
Dull showcase for the fellas this week. Really bad offence mixed with boring stuff, and it's a bad time. Tony wins with his terrible slam/splash combo
1/2*

Match#2 Sgt Slaughter vs Tony Rico

Sarge is sad as fuck and looks completely thrown off without Wizard by his side, and it's a horrible thing to watch. Still, Sarge rocks and beats the piss out of the kid in another great squash. Clutch ends it

Eddie Gilbert makes his return in a neckbrace. Good for him.

Match#3 Tito Santana vs Charlie Fulton
oh no, Charlie is back. Fuck it, at least Tito gets to nuke him. Tito works the arm this go round, and it's good, but not the most exciting thing in the world when we know how good he is. Gross Forearm ends it.
*3/4

Match#4 The Tonga Kid vs Israel Mateia

TK also works the arm which is silly given the last squash, but again, it's the 80's pre-boom and i don't think there's a ton of thought put into a squash. TK wins with a really bad flying shoulderblock over the ropes.
3/4*

Match#5 Masked Superstar vs Chuck Tanner

Like, Sarge, MS seems really thrown off by GW being gone, and i hate that they made them wrestle. MS wins in about 40 seconds with the Neckbreaker
3/4*

Rodgers Corner with some guy who works for the WWF charity board. Buddy gives him a plaque for all his hard work.

Before his match, Sheik brings back the Persian Clubs and swings them above his head.

Match#7 The Iron Sheik w/Freddie Blassie vs Rudy Diamond
Sheiky humbles and fucks a diamond because he's the king of this shit. Camel Clutch fucks and humbles him.

Match#8 The Invaders vs Tony Colon & Don Kernodle
Another fun outing for the killer and the other guy. The nice thing i have no idea who is who, but they both rock and i feel less shitty about it. One of them wins with a nasty powerbomb
*3/4

Match#9 Mike Sharp w/Lou Albano vs Victor Mercado

The Iron god clubbers another dork for a few minutes and it's the best. Loaded Forearm does the job.

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score

WWF All Star Wrestling
November 5th, 1983
Hamburg, PA

ASW pops up now in the pack, so lets dive in.

Match#1 Sgt Slaughter vs Dick Tessier
Sarge is still thrown off, but he pulls it together and wreaks Dick's arm for a while in awesome fashion. Gross Lariat/Clutch combo does it

Match#2 Jimmy Snuka vs Tony Russo

Not very good at all as Snuka gives the jobber far too much, and looks like a loser having to fight back and make a comeback. Splash ends it
1/2*

Match#3 The Iron Sheik w/Freddie Blassie vs Tony Rico

Good ass humbling as always, and i can't wait for the next two months for Sheiky baby. Camel does the humbling
*3/4

Match#4 Tony Atlas & Rocky Johnson vs Butcher Vachon & Bob Bradley

Boring and bad as always, and i also hate them because they don't have a tag name. Just stupid hacks in every way. Also, this is way too long at nearly 7 minutes when they have offence for maybe 7 seconds. Rocky picks Bradley up on his shoulder and Atlas hits a headbutt and then the splash to pin him
Vomit

Match#5 Mr Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee vs SD Jones & Chuck Tanner

Oh, just want i needed. In saying that, not that bad as they hit hard and it's always fun watching SD get his ass kicked. Fuji wins with his wild running back elbow splash

*3/4

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score

November 5th, 1983
Allentown, PA

File is only 25 minutes this week, so we're missing something.

Match#1 The Wild Samoans w/Lou Albano vs Swede Hansen & Chuck Tanner
Swede gets a lot of offence to start because he's a "star" or some shit, so the monsters have to sell for him before they murder Tanner in fun fashion. Gross Samoan Drop murders the kid good and proper
*1/2

In the pre-tapes for this week, Vince is with Slaughter. Sarge will be facing Snuka in MSG, and he says he just got out of a cage himself and you can't jump if someone has you in a Cobra Clutch. Snuka is a big maggot, and he's getting rid of him.

Ivan walks on and hypes his match with Patterson. He calls him a coward and says he can't wait to knock him out in front of his family. If he wrestles like he talks, he's in a LOT of trouble.

Masked Superstar now comes on and says he had Bob right where he wanted him, and wants Bob to think about what's going to happen this time to him. Bob can come after the mask, because he's coming after the gold.

Match#2 The Iron Sheik w/Freddie Blassie vs John Callahan
Sheiky humbles a big boy this week with some gross slams and fun choking. I dread the day he gets super fat and bad, because he's the best right now. Camel Clutch fucks an ass and gets a win.
*3/4

Post match, he puts it back on and breaks his back some more. Some jobbers run out to help, but Sheiky throws them all out and spits on the jobber for being a loser. Awesome angle.

Match#3 Mr Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee w/Lou Albano vs Tonga Kid & Dick Tessier
Not sure why TK is now in a squash match on the wrong end, but whatever. He gets a string of offence, and him vs TCL is good shit for a couple of minutes. Tessier gets in and the boys kick the shit out of him quick smart, and Fuji wins with the flying back elbow splash.
*3/4

Match#4 Ivan Koloff vs Steve Lombardi

FUCKING GOD YES. A top 5 jobber makes his debut, and life gets a bit better. He makes the old man look like a killer for once with some great selling and bumping (more than he deserves, but good for him). Ivan wins with the knee to the back

BigVanDonnie

Reaction score

November 12th, 1983
Allentown PA

At ringside, Patterson is horrified by Sheik's actions last week. GOOD, YOU FUCKING BITCH.

We go to a video of Backlund training Eddie with some insane neck workouts. Lots of grunting and stretching, so you know Vince adored shooting this.

Match#1 The Iron Sheik w/Freddie Blassie vs Dick Tessier
SHEIKY HUMBLES A MAN NAMED DICK. AMAZING. Very fun as always, and it's a shame he's going to be the most famous/infamous transitional champ in history. Clutch fucks Dick

Match#2 Sgt Slaughter vs Steve Lombardi
You can hear Vince's voice break when speaking about GW's passing, and it's a hard thing to listen to. Also, you can see why Sarge is going to have one of the best babyface turns ever because you can't boo him at this point. He batters the crap out of Big Steve and it's a blast watching him do it, and watching Steve sell amazingly. Lariat/Clutch does the job

Match#3 Rocky Johnson & Tony Atlas vs Charlie Fulton & Rocco Verona
Horrible stuff once again, and i dread the next few months of them as champs. Bad arm wringers and terrible strikes for a few minutes, and it all suuuuuuuuuucks. Press/Splash ends my pain
stubbing your toes

Match#4 The Wild Samoans w/Lou Albano vs SD Jones & Israel Mateia

Quick one for the boys as they run through them in 45 seconds. Headbutt ends it
1/2*

Rodgers Corner with Atlas and Johnson. Buddy fawns over their bodies and says they'll be the champs soon enough. Rocky says he works out every day and they've got one thing in mind, and that's the world title. Atlas can't actually speak, and mutters some trash for a while. Kill me

Match#5 Tito Santana vs Tony Russo
Tito saves the show with another fun showcase. Everything is crisp and smooth as hell, and Russo is a great punching bag. Forearm gets it
*3/4

Match#6 Masked Superstar vs Tony Rico

MS pulls the kid out and beats him up on the outside, in a really cool change of pace. He clubs the hell out of him for a few minutes, and it's a real Axe of a squash. Neckbreaker smashes the kid dead.

Match#7 Mike Sharpe vs Rudy Diamond

Iron sharpens Diamonds, motherfuckers. Clubbing, stooging and all round fun stuff. Forearm ends it

*3/4