Donald Cerrone vs. K.J. Noons Set For UFC 160

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
A lightweight slugfest is the latest fight to be added to the UFC's Memorial Day weekend card.

Donald Cerrone (19-5 MMA, 6-2 UFC) will meet K.J. Noons (11-6 MMA, 0-0 SF) at UFC 160 in May. FUEL TV's "UFC Tonight" brought word of the fight booking on Tuesday night.

UFC 160 takes place May 25 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas with a main card on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook. Earlier this month, the UFC announced a main event heavyweight title fight between Cain Velasquez and Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva for the card, as well as a heavyweight bout between former champ Junior dos Santos and former top contender and former Strikeforce champ Alistair Overeem.

Cerrone is coming off a loss this past month to former WEC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis at UFC on FOX 6 in Chicago. Pettis landed a body kick in the first round and followed it up with a couple of punches on the ground to get the stoppage. It was just Cerrone's second loss in his past 10 fights and the first time he had been stopped by knockout or TKO.

Cerrone, who twice fought for the WEC title, won his first four UFC fights in 2011 before a unanimous decision loss to Nate Diaz at UFC 141 snapped a six-fight streak. Then he picked up wins over Jeremy Stephens and a knockout of Melvin Guillard in 2012 before the loss to Pettis. In his eight UFC fights, "Cowboy," a Jackson/Winkeljohn MMA student, has six fight-night bonus awards.

Noons will make his UFC debut after a seven-fight run in Strikeforce that saw him go 3-4. The former EliteXC lightweight champ fought Nick Diaz for the welterweight title in a rematch from their EliteXC days in his third fight for Strikeforce, but lost a unanimous decision as Diaz avenged the loss from nearly three years earlier.

That setback was the first of four losses in five fights for the Hawaiian, all by decision. Sandwiched in between two-fight skids was a unanimous decision win over Billy Evangelista in December 2011.

At Strikeforce's finale in January, Noons dropped a split decision to Ryan Couture. It was a controversial loss that UFC President Dana White said he scored in Noons' favor, and many MMA media outlets scored the fight for him, as well. Regardless, he'll be looking to get back in the win column for the first time in what will be about a year and a half.

A nice little fight here, see Cerrone taking it though. This card is really shaping up

Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Silva - for heavyweight title
Junior dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem
Ryan Bader vs. Glover Teixeira
Donald Cerrone vs. K.J. Noons
Amir Sadollah vs. Stephen Thompson

Last edited:

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
You repeated yourself right, but regardless this is a really strong card. Cerrone is always exciting and I'm excited to see if Glover can continue to improve minus the heavyweights.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
KJ Noons is shit but I don't mind it b/c I'm a Cerrone mark and he can look good beating a kickboxer in a stand up battle.

Nerotheory

Reaction score
I think Cerrone takes this to the ground and get the Sub. Noons i just never liked and wouldn't mind seeing him get beat or tappped.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Why did they even sign Noons? Hoping his daddy will jump into the cage when he sees his boy get beatdown?