Dolph Ziggler - What Now? *SummerSlam Spoilers*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Viper

Reaction score
So, last month we see Ziggler capture the Smackdown Money In The Bank briefcase in semi-surprising fashion (I personally saw Cody getting it). Since then, he's been on a tiny losing streak. Not as massive as Daniel Bryan's last year, but a losing streak nonetheless.

Then he gets into a great little program with Chris Jericho. It was rumored that Jericho would be leaving the company for a little bit to continue a tour with Fozzy. Making us believe that Ziggler would come out of this angle as the victor. Although, we still have Raw tonight (rematch, maybe?), Jericho was victorious last night at Summerslam in what was a great opening match, while Ziggler still looks fairly strong.

But remember, Ziggler is still the MITB briefcase holder. He's got a lot of opportunities ahead of him to become the new World Champion. So, as I say all of that, I have one question.

What now? What now for Dolph Ziggler? Should he just cash in tonight and get it over with?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
TBF, Dolph loses loads. Just like D-Bryan, he stays over based on the strength of his performances, so the losses aren't too bad. As long as they become fewer the nearer he gets to cashing in, he'll be fine.

As for his loss to Jericho, honestly WWE booked it for Dolph to lose. Playing up Jericho's underwhelming return, having Dolph get the better of Y2J on the last three shows before the PPV. Having Dolph win would be borderline jobbing Jericho out to Ziggler. Hopefully a beatdown segment sends Jericho back to Fozzy and keeps the feud on ice for a few months.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I think he is still looking strong whilst doing the job to Jericho who needed to be sent out on a high note for once

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
There is very little that can stop Dolph's momentum imo, even in a losing effort. I do think they should build him up a bit more before he takes the title with the MITB briefcase. I want to believe that once he wins it, he will hold on to it for a bit.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
While I agree Ziggler is over regardless of wins and losses so in the long run it doesn't appear to hurt him, however I think in terms of booking this does do a lot of harm to him. If WWE always sees Ziggler as the guy they can job out and keep over, he'll never be treated with any respect, even when they do give him the belt. Does anyone remember the last time he was "world" champion?

No? Yeah because it lasted a minute. If he keeps looking like an asshole I have no faith in what WWE will do with his next reign as champion. I think it's time they start letting Ziggler get aggressive. I think he should get fed up and start a "Rock" type gimmick where he has a massive chip on his shoulder. Perhaps keep the losing streak up a little longer and have him viciously assault his opponents after loses. Eventually start to pick up the "big wins" at PPV events. Establish himself as a cocky aggressive heel before cashing in the briefcase at the Survivor Series.

I'd even say he should publicly dump Vickie Guerrero too and start doing his own mic work. I liked his association with Vickie but I think he'll never evolve into a better character with her around. The next feud I'd like to see Ziggler engaged in with is Mysterio. I think Ziggler's downfall started when he lost a program to that shrimp and it's time he got his groove back by demolishing him at the Hell in a Cell PPV (or whatever is in October). Nothing will make Ziggler a more hated heel that destroying their lovable underdog.

Following that wave of momentum he can ride into Survivor Series with a program against Orton, perhaps a Survivor Series Elimination Match, with his team winning. Before going on to cash in that briefcase, later that evening, to win the World Heavyweight Championship.