Dolph Ziggler - Underused

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lawd Of Wolves

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
To the people who state Ziggler as a stale wrestler and mic performer you are simply wrong, yes people are entitled to their opinion in which I respect, but can only disagree.

Starting off with Ziggler's in ring capability. He is a fantastic potentiated 5 star wrestler, does anyone remember Ziggler v Styles v Corbin? What a match put on from all of them, especially Ziggler. He has had many more amazing matches, just never had much chance through out the years to "show off".

Second of all, his mic skills are also quite fantastic, most of his work is improvised, you can see pure emotion and heart, he works his ass off day in and day out (like most underrated WWE wrestlers) but never get the chance to show how good they really are.

One thing I do agree on is his gimmick, that is what weighs him down.

What do you think they should do with Ziggler? I think firstly stop using him for pointless stuff, making a mockery of himself and place him down to NXT, to work on a new gimmick and to give younger wrestlers knowledge on what it's like working with a main roster superstar. I'd put Dolph in NXT for 1-2 years, bring him back up the main roster and push him to being a top contender, where he belongs, I'm down to see Adam Cole v Ziggler, anyone else?

Reactions: Solidus1

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
To the people who state Ziggler as a stale wrestler and mic performer you are simply wrong, yes people are entitled to their opinion in which I respect, but can only disagree.

Starting off with Ziggler's in ring capability. He is a fantastic potentiated 5 star wrestler, does anyone remember Ziggler v Styles v Corbin? What a match put on from all of them, especially Ziggler. He has had many more amazing matches, just never had much chance through out the years to "show off".

Second of all, his mic skills are also quite fantastic, most of his work is improvised, you can see pure emotion and heart, he works his ass off day in and day out (like most underrated WWE wrestlers) but never get the chance to show how good they really are.

One thing I do agree on is his gimmick, that is what weighs him down.

What do you think they should do with Ziggler? I think firstly stop using him for pointless stuff, making a mockery of himself and place him down to NXT, to work on a new gimmick and to give younger wrestlers knowledge on what it's like working with a main roster superstar. I'd put Dolph in NXT for 1-2 years, bring him back up the main roster and push him to being a top contender, where he belongs, I'm down to see Adam Cole v Ziggler, anyone else?

I'd say 4 star, and regarding gimmicks he has been boring for years.

Lawd Of Wolves

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
I'd say 4 star, and regarding gimmicks he has been boring for years.
Okay maybe I gave him that extra star because he is my favorite wrestler but hey we all have biased opinions. His gimmicks have been awful and boring for a long time and the main roster is currently stacked with great superstars as it is so there's not really much time and effort that can be put into Ziggler, hence the suggestion to go to NXT, only then he will receive a push and get to adapt onto a new persona

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Okay maybe I gave him that extra star because he is my favorite wrestler but hey we all have biased opinions. His gimmicks have been awful and boring for a long time and the main roster is currently stacked with great superstars as it is so there's not really much time and effort that can be put into Ziggler, hence the suggestion to go to NXT, only then he will receive a push and get to adapt onto a new persona

Yeah, it might work out.
I gotta say, I did enjoy his segment on SD this week.

Lawd Of Wolves

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, it might work out.
I gotta say, I did enjoy his segment on SD this week.
The segment he done was great as it is honestly so true. Next weeks smackdown is Chicago and I am hoping for him to impersonate CM Punk, that would give him real heat in Chicago there. I do think this is leading to a Roode v Ziggler feud though

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
The segment he done was great as it is honestly so true. Next weeks smackdown is Chicago and I am hoping for him to impersonate CM Punk, that would give him real heat in Chicago there. I do think this is leading to a Roode v Ziggler feud though

Which I hope Roode wins, as he is a much better wrestler.

Derek G

Jobber
Reaction score
Which I hope Roode wins, as he is a much better wrestler.
hi bro, well I would not go that far, but I would say that they are on par with each other.
to debate who is a better wresler, we may need to look at the following(s):
1) In ring skills- DZ is slightly better ( of course this is just my opinion only), Roode has less skill sets than DZ.
2) Charisma - Roode is the man here
3) Ring presence - Roode sells very well whereas DZ sometimes sell too much in which making him look weak

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
So sick of hearing about dolph Ziggler. WWE fucked up his career, but he also did it to himself. He's an arrogant asshole at times, and he's not as good as everyone claims.

No more dolph threads. Who gives a rats ass now????

Reactions: Doxo

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Money

Simplest reason why Dolph has stayed with the company despite having the perfect oppertunity to leave at No Mercy last year. He has a guaranteed job where he's on a constant basis and allows him to travel around the world. Some people like Cody leave because they are given absolute shit and are told to do nothing with it and that's why they left. Dolph most likely dosen't care about having a well booked character so long as he's being paid. Even if he left to do indy's he dosen't really have a guranteed pay like with WWE and he'll most likely forgotten after a year.

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Money

Simplest reason why Dolph has stayed with the company despite having the perfect oppertunity to leave at No Mercy last year. He has a guaranteed job where he's on a constant basis and allows him to travel around the world. Some people like Cody leave because they are given absolute shit and are told to do nothing with it and that's why they left. Dolph most likely dosen't care about having a well booked character so long as he's being paid. Even if he left to do indy's he dosen't really have a guranteed pay like with WWE and he'll most likely forgotten after a year.
I personally like this post more than the exact same one that's above this one.

• Haha
Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
Ziggler is fine at what he does, but what he does is, for lack of a better term, shit. He's an above average worker, mediocre on the mic, and is doing the same thing he was half a decade ago.

People will talk about how Cena never evolved in his tenure, but Dolph has never changed. Yeah, he's turned heel and face multiple times, but he's never done anything to freshen his act. He returned from a small hiatus and his character is...The same heel character, but he dresses up in wacky gear to mock other legends.

Dolph is dead in the water, but at the same time, he's a prime example of what's wrong with WWE as a whole.