Dolph Ziggler the new Mr. Perfect

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
[video=youtube;7eGfIwW47ko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eGfIwW47ko[/video]
[video=youtube;dkCUdyrTeso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkCUdyrTeso[/video]

Dolph is obviously modeling himself after Curt Henning. If he were to drop Vicki and pick up the perfect gimmick full time I'd be ok with it.

[video=youtube;dkCUdyrTeso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkCUdyrTeso[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
someone can make those links work that'd be sweet.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Posted the links, not sure why you posted the same vid twice, noob lol.

Seeing as Ziggler has bleached blond hair, bumps like a mad man, getting over with one of the best managers in his era. I don't see what kind of comparisons to make between the two. I feel like I'm missing something.

Weez

Reaction score
Also, there's something to be said about having Hennig's son on the roster as well. I don't think giving Ziggler Curt's gimmick would go over too well. The parent's gimmicks are kinda "property" of that family in a sense. Not a legal way of course (usually), but you know what I mean

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I would like to see Joe Hennig take his REAL name and team with Dolph. Perfection Personified.

It's a known fact that both can wrestler, and Hennig is being held down by a dying Nexus, and a stupid ass name. He really needs a change if hes gonna save his career. It's sad to watch to be honest.

Anyways, Dolph is always gonna be compared to Perfect because his "Perfection" theme, his looks, and overall place on the card. That's all there is to it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Third was meant to be a different video.

Being self proclaimed perfect even with a family member in the E isn't exclusive. Jericho did a similar schtick JBL Miz to an extent. Just think that Dolph would get over better solo with the self obsessed ego mania persona. He's done it a lil I just think he needs to go with it over the top kinda like Million Dollar man and Perfect combined.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't think that Dolph Ziggler needs to change from the current gimmick he has. Some parts seem to be taken from the Mr Perfect playbook but I don't think he needs to get any closer to the Perfect gimmick.

Dropping Vickie would be a good move since they have run their course together and it is time for Ziggler to just go out on his own. I wouldnt be against him being more over the top and arrogant about things. Being with Vickie makes him seem a bit withdrawn since he is overshadowed by her on the mic.

Lucky

Reaction score
I'm just worried about how Dolph's going to do with no Vickie around since she's been his mouthpiece forever. Hopefully he can hold his own on the mic now and can continue to develop.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I think hes shown that he is more than capable of handling himself on the mic through his visits on the commentary desk. Not an easy feat putting yourself over and your opponent on commentary and Ziggler did just that.

Lucky

Reaction score
Doing it on commentary with the guidance of two regulars and being out on an island in the middle of the ring are two different things. WE shall see

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Doing commentary is alot harder than doing a promo. Thinking on the fly and putting over a match is alot more difficult than putting yourself over.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Well that also depends on whose in his ear. The announcers are no longer the only ones involved they get fed info on what to say in their headset I'd say most of its him personally but now you can never know for certain.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sure if you take away the fact he can't do a interview, has little personaity, has a poor look, and is avenge in the ring, then I guess you could say Ziggler is the next Perfect sure:frog:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Can't do an interview have you seen him on commentary those are interviews basically. If your referring to backstage interviews a lot of that depends on who the interviewer is cause 2 out of 3 of the backstage guys suck. There isn't anything wrong with his current look and as far as ring ability he's not had a 5 star match but a lot of these guys are capable of better matches if the WWE gave them the time of day

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I've never been a fan as I have stated elsewhere, maybe the I will reserve judgement on the interview front, but he just has nothing that marks him out from the other mid-card guys and I do find his wrestling routine boring too.