Dolph Ziggler Injured

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
Dolph Ziggler just announced on Twitter that he suffered a "hairline mandibular fracture" of his jaw from the punch Hugh Jackman nailed him with last night on Raw. Ziggler noted that he will be wearing a mouth-guard in the ring while it heels and will not miss any scheduled matches.

Surprising if true. Thankfully he isn't missing any time over this incident. Ziggler has been working through a couple of injuries lately so WWE should be happy that he isn't one that wants to take time off and can work through a bit of pain.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
DAMNIT WOLVERINE!!

In all seriousness, they should've worked on his punch a little bit beforehand so this wouldn't have happened. But he isn't missing any time so that's good.

TheZig

Reaction score
With WWE i can never count out it being a angle of some sort, But if its a legitimate injury big props to Ziggler for fighting through the pain.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
He was only lying to get more heat.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Hugh Jackman Hugh Jackman. WENN.com

Change text size for the story
Print this story

Report an error

Hugh Jackman has laughed off reports he fractured a wrestler's jaw with a punch, insisting the fighter is "prone to exaggeration".

WWE fighter Dolph Ziggler claimed the movie star left him hospitalized with a "hairline mandibular fracture" following a stunt during Monday night's televised Raw SuperShow wrestling clash.

Jackman was guest hosting the event to promote his new robot boxing film and he thrilled wrestling fans by jumping into the ring to throw a punch at celebrated fighter Ziggler.

But he can't believe he did any damage.

Jackman tells EW.com, "It was scripted that I would go for that punch, but just before we went on, Dolph was yelling at me, 'You hit me man! Just f**king hit me!' During rehearsal I said, 'I’d like to do it, but I’ve spent 20 years pulling punches, trying not to hit. Trying to make it look real, but not really hit.'

"He said, 'There’s no way. There’s cameras everywhere, there’s crowd everywhere, there’s no way we can whiff it, as they call it.'

"So I hit him pretty hard... I kinda really clocked him in the jaw. The next day I read he really broke his jaw and I wasn’t surprised, but I don’t think he did. He’s prone to exaggeration."

Awesome read here. Not too bothered if it was a lie by Ziggler as it gets him more heat!

Blujay

Reaction score
Jackman being there only helped everyone he was involved with. He put Ryder over huge. Was genuinely excited about being there. The punch to Ziggler then the lying to get him more heat. THIS is an example of what guest hosts should be used for.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree Jackman was great and he played it up well in that interview as well. Wish WWE had more guest hosts like that who actually understand the product and realise that it is a show and that they need to play along with it.