Dolph Ziggler Gets A Bodyguard

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Much better way to use Mason Ryan. He needs to be a heel and he needs to do a couple of power moves and that is it rather than trying to sell as a face for most of a match. It would be good to see Ziggler break away from Vickie as well because it should have happened last year, he has gone nowhere since he dropped the US title.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I dont mind this at all but im worried that it will end up having a negative rather than positive affect on dolph like so many other guys who have had a bodyguard. It'll be interesting to see what they actually do with mason seemingly involved in abe washigtons faction.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
In the end he could simply be the muscle for Abes new group rather than just being the bodyguard for Dolph. Hopefully they make it clearer in the next few weeks about which direction they are going with him.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn't mind him as muscle for Abes new group, but it looks like either Ziggler or Swagger will be involved in that too.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Would be interesting if Dolph split and joined Abe's group with Swagger remaining as Vickie's only client. Vickie can then go out and get more guys to manage to compete with this new group.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
That would be a decent idea, but which team would be the face team? I could see Vickie as a face but it would take a LOT to turn her.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They could both be heel stables that are competing for positions on the same show. If anything I would say that Abe's group would be the faces if they really wanted to make one team face.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- We noted yesterday that Mason Ryan's role as Dolph Ziggler's new bodyguard was up in the air after it was tested out at RAW live events over the weekend. Mason briefly appeared in a backstage segment with Abraham Washington on RAW and a source reports that Ryan will actually be managed by Washington, unless things change between now and next week's RAW. Apparently officials decided to keep Ziggler with Vickie Guerrero and Jack Swagger.

We noted this morning that plans were for Mason Ryan to be managed by Abraham Washington instead of becoming Dolph Ziggler's new bodyguard. Washington wrote the following on Twitter yesterday:

"I just got a message from my secretary saying that Mason Ryan called the office this morning. I wonder what for? #WinkWink"
I think it's a better move for Mason personally as they seem intent on doing something with this AW stable at least for now that is. I still say Dolph would have been better off with Mason too because this partnership with Vickie & Swagger is beyond stale.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
So AW will be with Primo/Epico/ and Mason Ryan. What in god's name does this make believe that they will do anything on either show. I'm not a fan of the move at all.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah, that stable is nothing. He'll need to add a top cog for it even be taken seriously.

Aniking

Reaction score
Not sure I like that move. Dolph Ziggler moving away from Vickie Guerrero & Jack Swagger and having Mason Ryan as his bodyguard sounds much better than Mason Ryan becoming a part of AW's stable.

If this move leads to Ryan being used more often, then everybody will see once again that the guy needs work on his in-ring product. Hopefully he has improved since the last couple of times he was used, meaning this move could actually be beneficial for him and for AW's stable as being one that builds future stars.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I agree with Lou, A.W.'s stable needs to add someone to make this stable worth a damn. For some reason, The Miz comes to mind.

But I do think this is even better for Mason and Dolph. Mason because he'll get to share the spotlight with other young guys as opposed to being in Ziggler's shadow, and Dolph... Yeah he's sticking with Vickie for now, but at least this shows they are trying to find something for Dolph to do.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I wouldn't be shocked if he pulls in Show, Henry, or Miz as his top guy.

I mean who better to fight the battle with Ace/Eve for Show than a great agent? He has been screwed Lft and right with the short World title run, the tables match, and being made to apologize. He even got screwed out of his tag title reign before the World and IC belts as well.

Henry and Miz are self explanatory because of how far they have fallen

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't mind the stable so far, they are working their way up from the bottom. He got himself a tag team to start off and now he is getting himself some muscle, next he can pick up a midcard title challenger and then try for someone bigger. I agree that as of now it is a bit weak but this is only the first couple of weeks of the storyline, give it time.

I still think that Ziggler needs to move away from Vickie because there is nothing left in that partnership.