Dolph and Randy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph Ziegler's first major title win should be in 2012

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'm in doubt between Rhodes or Ziggler. Sadly, just because Rhodes hasn't done anything big recently it doesn't mean he won't win MITB, just like Swagger in 2010. Wasn't he feuding with Santino before it? I'd pick DZ as the winner, but you never know.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Ziggler has already done all of this; and that's the problem. The only step for him is to start winning bigger things than their undercard belts. He had nice reigns with the IC and US belts, but as soon as he dropped them they went back to being meaningless. He's paid his dues jobbing to stars in the ME, and it's time we find out if WWE is serious about DZ or no. I have to assume he will win MITB Sunday, but what happens after that? Is he going to be the next Swagger or will this be used to actually help cement him as a superstar main eventer?

Agree with you on what he's done with the mid-card belts. But if he wins that belt after jobbing to Sheamus 100 times, it won't mean shit and nobody will take it seriously. He's firmly imprinted in my mind as a jobber (booking only, he's BITW as a talent) and he should get away from the ME for a little while before winning.

You know I hate those mid-card belts, I just wish they'd get rid of them, but DZ needs to do something.
I say RR because he should be a main-eventer before MITB next year for sure.

Rhodes can be the next Miz, where he just seems like a mid-carder when winning the briefcase but can get a lot of heat before cashing in.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Couldn't disagree with you more. Most wrestlers aren't doing anything OR are on a fucked up streak when they win MITB. Miz is an example of that. Miz lost his US title to a rookie in Daniel Bryan, then lost his rematch but went and won MITB. Rhodes loses to Christian and doesn't do much after, and then goes and wins MITB is my prediction. It's the SmackDown MITB. Ziggler is a RAW superstar with a RAW future. Ziggler not winning on Sunday isn't a bad sign at all. If you think WWE aren't going to utilize Dolph Ziggler then wow.

Miz was on fire when he won MITB. His feud with Bryan was great, and even though he lost he didn't lose any momentum.

And you assuming WWE will utilize Ziggler is hilarious. As if they haven't ever dropped the ball on great talents before :haha: . As I said, they might wind up giving him a couple of meaningless WHC title reigns, but he's already had one 45 minute reign. I really don't see them ever unleashing him as a legitimate main eventer like the IWC wants to see.