Dolph and Randy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph Ziegler's first major title win should be in 2012

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Does any1 remember when randy orton won his first major title against chris benoit at summerslam 04. Does any1 think that Dolph Ziegler's first major title win should be a clean win just like orton's was.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES

mark_htfc

Champion
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum, head over to The Ramp and post your introduction thread so we can know a bit about you :).

Secondly, I'm not a real big lover if Dolph, so im not fussed if he wins or not but I do feel if he is to win, then it should be done like Ortons win. (trying to remember ortons actually, I stopped watching around then I think it was).

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
YES! it should be a clean win!

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I think it should. However, since the last heel who won cleanly frequently in WWE was Mark Henry, I'm not sure they'll do that. They seem to think that faces always win clean and heels always win dirty. I think he'll win MITB and take the title from Sheamus, but I'd mark if he won clean.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Ziggler will get a MITB cash in title reign that won't mean shit, nobody will care, and WWE will eventually forget about him. He will never be a WWE Champion

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Ziggler will get a MITB cash in title reign that won't mean s***, nobody will care, and WWE will eventually forget about him. He will never be a WWE Champion

:upset:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I'd prefer it to be clean but with his current character it doesn't matter. Clean or dirty, him holding the gold will push him to the levels we all know he can compete at. I seriously compare him to greats like HBK at the moment, his style is so similar. If they want a reliable charismatic champion then Dolph is the guy. Judging from reports, WWE see him in the same light as we do.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Ziggler will turn face around Survivor Series, keeping the same character intact just facing heels, he'll win the Royal Rumble next year and dethrone Alberto Del Rio who will be massively over after his 10 Month title reign at Wrestlemania.

Oh, wait this isn't TNA. Fuck.

I'd like to see him get a long reign with the US belt, with a good mix of clean and dirty wins, until he gets a shot at 'Mania next year. Get the taste of "main event jobber" out of our mouths (why I voted no), then... Sadly, I can't see WWE letting him win the belt clean unless he turns face, and nobody would see him as a viable champion because of it. Maybe he can find a creative way to win dirty to get the fans thinking he's at least intellegent, and even get some clean wins at filler PPVs. But that's basic booking after just seeing a star being made while WWE continues to struggle to make any.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Rainman said:
I'd like to see him get a long reign with the US belt, with a good mix of clean and dirty wins, until he gets a shot at 'Mania next year. Get the taste of "main event jobber" out of our mouths, then...

Ziggler has already done all of this; and that's the problem. The only step for him is to start winning bigger things than their undercard belts. He had nice reigns with the IC and US belts, but as soon as he dropped them they went back to being meaningless. He's paid his dues jobbing to stars in the ME, and it's time we find out if WWE is serious about DZ or no. I have to assume he will win MITB Sunday, but what happens after that? Is he going to be the next Swagger or will this be used to actually help cement him as a superstar main eventer?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Ziggler has already done all of this; and that's the problem. The only step for him is to start winning bigger things than their undercard belts. He had nice reigns with the IC and US belts, but as soon as he dropped them they went back to being meaningless. He's paid his dues jobbing to stars in the ME, and it's time we find out if WWE is serious about DZ or no. I have to assume he will win MITB Sunday, but what happens after that? Is he going to be the next Swagger or will this be used to actually help cement him as a superstar main eventer?

I wouldn't assume that personally. I think it's more likely Rhodes is winning, everything else I agree with though. Ziggler - whether he's constantly jobbed or not - is ready for the big leagues now. He doesn't need building up again.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Rhodes hasn't done jack shit since losing his IC Title. He's been a complete afterthought. Ziggler (up until this week) has been featured regularly on Raw whether it was him breaking up with Swagger and squashing him, the Sheamus shit, the ADR shit, or what have you.

Ziggler not winning Sunday is an awful sign for him, and my pessimism will be validated because WWE isn't going to utilize him like they should. I think he will win though, and we will see what happens from there.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Rhodes hasn't done jack s*** since losing his IC Title. He's been a complete afterthought. Ziggler (up until this week) has been featured regularly on Raw whether it was him breaking up with Swagger and squashing him, the Sheamus s***, the ADR s***, or what have you.

Ziggler not winning Sunday is an awful sign for him, and my pessimism will be validated because WWE isn't going to utilize him like they should. I think he will win though, and we will see what happens from there.

Couldn't disagree with you more. Most wrestlers aren't doing anything OR are on a fucked up streak when they win MITB. Miz is an example of that. Miz lost his US title to a rookie in Daniel Bryan, then lost his rematch but went and won MITB. Rhodes loses to Christian and doesn't do much after, and then goes and wins MITB is my prediction. It's the SmackDown MITB. Ziggler is a RAW superstar with a RAW future. Ziggler not winning on Sunday isn't a bad sign at all. If you think WWE aren't going to utilize Dolph Ziggler then wow.