Does the United States Championship even matter anymore?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Liquid7778

Jobber
Reaction score
I just got back into WWE in late 2012. So far, from what I have seen, the United States title isn't even defended anymore. I mean, there has been 1 or 2 times, but that's it. The title used to be relevant, along with the IC title. The IC title is still defended but does not hold anywhere near the importance that it used to.

HIGH FLYER

The Artiste
Reaction score
imo It's only within reach of people who don't want it.. and the rising stars that do aren't anywhere near the US title picture.. I feel it should be up for grabs to mid to low-carders.. that would also make it clear that the IC title is much more prestigious..

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
The US Title hasn't meant anything for at least two years. The last real feud it had was Ziggler vs Ryder.

Ziggler gave Ryder a hellacious rub with a brilliant feud and WWE turns around and jobs Ryder out to Swagger lickity split before he jobbed to Santino who then never appeared on TV with the belt.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I think the US Title (and the IC Title to a lesser extent) are in a state of flux while they decide what to do with the WHC. If they continue the title unification between the WWE and WHC (which will mean the WHC fading into oblivion), then the US Title will regain some prestige and become more visible. If they split them again, then the US Title will continue as it has been, mainly being irrelevant (I mean, they had a recent title defense on NXT if I'm recalling correctly...I'm not even sure if it was televised).

The other option would be to re-split the main event titles and build a new brand split (this apparently has been talked about, although I don't know how seriously) and have the US Title again be treated as on a par with the IC Title, but on the opposite brand from the IC.

wk

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
In all honesty the NXT title seems to have more worth nowadays.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
So the US Champion has bigger tits and a bigger ass than the Diva's champion? :pipebomb: