Does Cena deserve to go over?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
If Rock wins it ain't clean, it'll set up a heel turn for someone.

Only way I see Rock winning is Cena turning heel and getting DQ'd or something, or someone interrupting and costing Cena the match.

Reactions: Snowman1

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
donzaloog said:
Cena is not on the Rock's level, not in any way.

I'm sorry to have to be the one to point this out (not just to you; there's lots of people who seem to believe this), but Cena is bigger in the modern WWE than the Rock was in the WWE when he was a full-time performer. He's more important to both the present and the future of WWE than the Rock is. The Rock always had a foil. He had Stone Cold, HHH, Kurt Angle. With Cena, they've tried to create superstars to be on his level, but those guys have usually come up short. And while Orton and Punk have been pushed to his level, the WWE has (until last summer) been very hesitant to let one of those guys go over in the final analysis. They finally did with Punk last summer, then they turned him face, furthering the idea that Cena=Rock and Punk=SCSA. So, Cena has meant more to the WWE for the last few years than the Rock did for the majority of his career. I don't say this out of disrespect for the Rock, but out of respect for the business, the company, and John Cena.

Cena needs to win the match. Like has been said before me, the only way Rock should win this match is if there is some kind of interference to make it a dusty finish. After Mania, the Rock's gone; Cena's still around, so Cena needs to win or else he loses credibility in all but a very few scenarios.

Now, if a top face showed up to screw Cena by aiding a Rock victory (perhaps at the behest of Johnny Ace), then a Cena loss is credible. If the Rock is beating Cena and Cena has to do something despicable to win and thus turns heel, then it makes sense for Rock to look better than Cena. Remember, it's the show. The way the match unfolds has to drive the story. There are very few scenarios where a Rocky victory makes sense from a storyline standpoint.

Having said that, this is a company who thought it made sense to have Natalya have the worst case of IBS in pro wrestling history, so ......... who frickin' knows?

wk:eek:tunga:

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Ofcourse he deserves it, he has been working his balls off for the last couple of years to main event PPV's.
Even though he had some family issues, the man was there and did his thing at it's best. And while starting to focus on The Rock leaving, Cena should win for sure. If Rocky wins, and I say if, he will have all the glory for the match and will brag about his big win at the match of the century. Cena will be buried if that happens. The thing is, Rock came back last year, had some appearances, a match with Cena against Truth and Miz, and that's it.
So why would they let him win? It would be a crap story if it happened. Rock will do his thing at Wrestlemania and them leave, again. What has the guy to do with WWE nowadays anyway? He's in an other level than most of the superstars, so you will have him win matches with Punk, Kane, Cena again, and then the mid-card. So in my opinion Cena would have to win for the look at the future of the WWE.

Reactions: Snowman1

donzaloog

Jobber
Reaction score
I don't see anything good coming out of this. I'm starting to dread this match. I understand your points, and they're very good points, but Cena beating the Rock? It just doesn't sound or feel right. Cena can't match the Rock in ring style, variety of moves or charisma. Cean's matches are all pretty meh these days. The Rock was/is always exciting in the ring.

I respect Cena and all that he has done, but he's just not on these guys level imo. Most of these guys on the roster can't touch the guys from the Attitude era, the only current stars I can see who would have survived in the AE is Punk, Orton and Bryan. I guess that's more WWE's fault than the wrestlers fault, but WWE has fallen far from those days. The product now can't even compare.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
donzaloog said:
I don't see anything good coming out of this. I'm starting to dread this match. I understand your points, and they're very good points, but Cena beating the Rock? It just doesn't sound or feel right. Cena can't match the Rock in ring style, variety of moves or charisma. Cean's matches are all pretty meh these days. The Rock was/is always exciting in the ring.

I respect Cena and all that he has done, but he's just not on these guys level imo. Most of these guys on the roster can't touch the guys from the Attitude era, the only current stars I can see who would have survived in the AE is Punk, Orton and Bryan. I guess that's more WWE's fault than the wrestlers fault, but WWE has fallen far from those days. The product now can't even compare.

Bryan would not been an AE guy. For sure. Maybe Punk and Orton, but then again, it's a gimmick, so why did Sean Waltman survive the AE? Because of that. So it has nothing to do with the AE. Cena can win this match with a finger click if booked and done right. That's the thing with WWE today, Cena is a hero and the best as seen in some ways. He has it al atm. So why would he not win this one?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
of course Cena is going to have better promos because he is doing serious promos. When it comes to promos Rock blows Cena out of the water, whether it be funny or serious. Cena's "funny" promos are not even funny and his serious promos are way too over the top. Rock however cuts a funny promo and its actually funny and nobody wants Rock going off on you in a serious promo because he'll tear your ass to shreds. He is also able to incorporate the two very nicely. Youre comparing apples to oranges when you compare the promos. Rock never put on 5* matches are you kidding me!? Every match he had with Foley, SCSA, and HHH was an instant classic. The only time Cena puts on a decent match is when he tries to win over the fans because they are so sick of him, but it hasnt worked has it? Cena's most athletic move is a dropkick and i find it funny how his moveset is so dull and limited that the announcers flip out over a simple dropkick.
The bolded you admit Cena is getting the better of the promos yet you say in the exact same line Rock would blow him away at serious or funny promos?

* 3/20/94 Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (Ladder Match, WrestleMania X)
WWF Intercontinental Championship
* 8/29/94 Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (Cage Match, SummerSlam 1994) WWF
Championship
* 3/23/97 Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin (Submission Match, WrestleMania
13)
* 10/5/97 Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker (Hell in a Cell Match, In Your
House: Bad Blood) WWF Championship
* 7/17/11 John Cena vs. CM Punk (Money in the Bank) WWE Championship

No rock

How about the leg drop bull dog that isn't athletic? What is then a kip up?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
kanenite95 said:
of course Cena is going to have better promos because he is doing serious promos. When it comes to promos Rock blows Cena out of the water, whether it be funny or serious. Cena's "funny" promos are not even funny and his serious promos are way too over the top. Rock however cuts a funny promo and its actually funny and nobody wants Rock going off on you in a serious promo because he'll tear your ass to shreds. He is also able to incorporate the two very nicely. Youre comparing apples to oranges when you compare the promos. Rock never put on 5* matches are you kidding me!? Every match he had with Foley, SCSA, and HHH was an instant classic. The only time Cena puts on a decent match is when he tries to win over the fans because they are so sick of him, but it hasnt worked has it? Cena's most athletic move is a dropkick and i find it funny how his moveset is so dull and limited that the announcers flip out over a simple dropkick.

Sorry but this post screams "I'm a mad Rock mark because Cena is humiliating my idol". You're effectively saying "Cena is better than Rock atm when he tries but Cena isn't in Rocks league so you can't compare". Cena's serious promos aren't good because he tries too hard, his funny ones aren't funny just because they're not? Rock doesn't have an official 5* match under his name, that's what seabs is saying. Cena's match with Punk was rated 5*.

I'm sorry but Cena has embarrassed Rock weekly apart from last week's. If Rock blows Cena out the water, why is he not doing it now? He's not trying? He can't be bothered? It's a work? What excuses are left here? Cena is better than Rock when he tries, that's what I'm seeing. Cena just needs to try more - we've said that for years.

Cena's mic skills are on par with Rock's and because Cena is "trying harder", he is much more enjoyable on the stick than Rock. They are both at the same level of ring work, that's plain to see. I don't know why it's so hard to admit that Cena is on Rock's level in every way.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
you dont comprehend things too well do you? I said he is having better promos because he is doing serious ones. A serious promo will always outdue a funny one. Let Rock and Cena both cut serious promos and Rock will tear Cena's ass to shreds. How old are you? like 10

:laugh: You want to offer judgement on me when you offer contradicting statements. Rock did cut a serious promo and you know what? Cena came out and all he had to mention was the cheat sheet on the wrist. I'm 18 how old are you exactly? If we're judging from your username you were born in 95 which would make you 17, right?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:
:laugh: You want to offer judgement on me when you offer contradicting statements. Rock did cut a serious promo and you know what? Cena came out and all he had to mention was the cheat sheet on the wrist. I'm 18 how old are you exactly? If we're judging from your username you were born in 95 which would make you 17, right?

16 or 17 yeah.

They're on the same level -- most mature Rock marks have admitted that already like @[Sage]. Cena has proven one thing to me, that he is lazy in his other feuds (most of them) and needs to start trying again. He's entertained me a lot, Rock has brought out the Cena we used to love.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
you dont comprehend things too well do you? I said he is having better promos because he is doing serious ones. A serious promo will always outdue a funny one. Let Rock and Cena both cut serious promos and Rock will tear Cena's ass to shreds. How old are you? like 10

Haha, they had a pretty serious promo with each other when Rock made a 20 minute one which contained some cheap pops and writed jokes.
When Cena came out with some serious words Rock seemed choked.
Only said something like: If you would be here I would kick your ass.
Just a struggle answer to me.
So no talk about John's behind being shred.
Comprende?

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
My statements were not contradicting. anyone with half a brain could have understood what i was saying. Thats all Cena's got is promo notes. The Rock came out and cut a 20 min promo, do you expect him to memorize everything he wanted to say? Its easy to knock someone for promo notes when youre cutting 3 min promos tops. Kane > Cena

Lol, a 20 min promo with 15 minutes smiling at the crowd, thanking them and bury Cena a bit. The things writed on his wrist were the Kong Pow parts. Thats it.

#NotHereToBuryRockDwayneIsMyMan

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
My statements were not contradicting. anyone with half a brain could have understood what i was saying. Thats all Cena's got is promo notes. The Rock came out and cut a 20 min promo, do you expect him to memorize everything he wanted to say? Its easy to knock someone for promo notes when youre cutting 3 min promos tops. Kane > Cena

Yeah I did everyone else can. If Rock is such a great why does he need to make notes? Let's be honest true great mic workers like Foley would go out there and cut legendary promos with no prompts. So saying "of course Cena is going to have better promos because he is doing serious promos. When it comes to promos Rock blows Cena out of the water, whether it be funny or serious." Even though Rock cut a serious promo and Cena still got the better of him doesn't cause a contradiction. What you're saying is Cena is only cutting serious promos yet as soon as Rock cuts a serious one he'll get the better of him right? Why didn't that happen then? They both cut serious promos which you said would end with Rock beating Cena.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
HELL NO! THAT KUNG POW BITCH DOES NOT DESAVE DIG SHIT BUT A CAN WAIPASS! BY THE GREATONE :rock: