Does Cena deserve to go over?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
This'll probably turn into a flame war but we'll give it a shot. I've heard many people claim Cena doesn't deserve to beat The Rock at Wrestlemania 28. So does he deserve it, yes or no?

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah he does because he is going to be still wrestling in the company for many more years more than the Rock

Reaction score
Well, Cena has to beat him. I'm not a Cena fan or anything but it'd pretty embarrassing if Cena lost and continues to wrestle. The Rock is not gonna be wrestling or be on WWE afterwards, just here for this match. No SuperCena = WWE out of business. Like Thewindyfan said, Cena has a lot of years still to wrestle.

Victoria Justice

Champion
Reaction score
I have nothing against Rock but were is he going to go after WM 28 back to doing fucking movie were is Cena going to be busting his as off in the ring so yes yes he does.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
no because nobody looks bad losing to The Rock, just put on a decent match. If Rock loses to Cena, it makes Rock look bad. No matter how much WWE loves Cena, they will never make the Rock look bad. If Cena beats the Rock, the Rock goes back to Hollywood without a chance of redemption looking like a loser. WWE will lose so many viewers if Rock loses at WM. Ive seen on many occasions people saying if Cena wins im done with WWE, me being one of those people. The only way ill accept a Cena win if its a dirty win. If WWE wants to die, they'll make Cena win. If they want viewers, they'll make Cena look like a loser, because lets face it whens the last time you've seen Cena lose a feud. It'll be new and fresh change. I dont know why you guys are so adament about Cena winning because if he wins, youre getting SuperCena back. Youre getting back the Cena that always overcomes the odds and never loses a feud. If Cena looks broken down and defeated by the Rock, you get a more realistic Cena and probably a heel Cena too. Nobody cares who deserves to win, people care about who they wanna see win and thats The Rock

So Rock wins and goes back to Hollywood makes people want to watch the WWE? Cena lost the Punk feud this summer also. Cena can win clean and destroy Rock after sending a message that you don't push him. Not everyone wants to see Rock win at all.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
"If Rock loses to Cena, it makes Rock look bad. No matter how much WWE loves Cena, they will never make the Rock look bad. If Cena beats the Rock, the Rock goes back to Hollywood without a chance of redemption looking like a loser."
You brought up him leaving, how bad does that make the entire roster look if there poster child loses to a man who's wrestled once in 7 years and didn't even want to acknowledge his wrestling history until recently with all the call me Dwayne crap? So Cena can't win against one of the biggest legends in the industry then brag about how he did it without the fans approval?
"because lets face it whens the last time you've seen Cena lose a feud" That's what you said so I pointed the last time he lost a feud, if you want it clean how about Sheamus in 09? Or Miz destroying Cena week after week? You can put someone over more ways than simply jobbing in a match. He made Del Rio seem more legit in their feud also. What people don't seem to understand is when you get the upper hand on the unstoppable force it's the equivalent to a clean win on most others.

donzaloog

Jobber
Reaction score
I really hope they didn't bring the Rock back to job to Cena. Aren't you sick and tired of seeing super Cena trample everybody? Cena is not on the Rock's level, not in any way. Rock better beat Cean after a hard fought battle then shake his hand before Cena leaves the ring.

Victoria Justice

Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:
"If Rock loses to Cena, it makes Rock look bad. No matter how much WWE loves Cena, they will never make the Rock look bad. If Cena beats the Rock, the Rock goes back to Hollywood without a chance of redemption looking like a loser."
You brought up him leaving, how bad does that make the entire roster look if there poster child loses to a man who's wrestled once in 7 years and didn't even want to acknowledge his wrestling history until recently with all the call me Dwayne crap? So Cena can't win against one of the biggest legends in the industry then brag about how he did it without the fans approval?
"because lets face it whens the last time you've seen Cena lose a feud" That's what you said so I pointed the last time he lost a feud, if you want it clean how about Sheamus in 09? Or Miz destroying Cena week after week? You can put someone over more ways than simply jobbing in a match. He made Del Rio seem more legit in their feud also. What people don't seem to understand is when you get the upper hand on the unstoppable force it's the equivalent to a clean win on most others.
Not true at all rock can feud with the undertaker and if he ends the streak he has redemption

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
That's the thing he doesn't have to be "Supercena" to go over. There is so much potential there if he wins. Not to mention every top babyface gets the superman treatment in the wwe. Take Rock in 2000 for instance I don't think he jobbed cleanly all through that year there was always some interference usually from Vince. Why isn't Cena on Rocks level also ? He's proven himself to be at least equal on the mic currently and Cena is probably better in ring whilst motivated. I don't mark for either guy but judging the head to heads Cena is about 3-1 up.

Reactions: Crayo

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:
That's the thing he doesn't have to be "Supercena" to go over. There is so much potential there if he wins. Not to mention every top babyface gets the superman treatment in the wwe. Take Rock in 2000 for instance I don't think he jobbed cleanly all through that year there was always some interference usually from Vince. Why isn't Cena on Rocks level also ? He's proven himself to be at least equal on the mic currently and Cena is probably better in ring whilst motivated. I don't mark for either guy but judging the head to heads Cena is about 3-1 up.

This. Good post.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It really depends. What is WWE trying to accomplish with this match?

Maybe Rock's just on a pedestal being a legend and all, but if Cena beats him, Cena haters won't respect him because he's better than the Rock. They won't think that because the top-star of this generation is better than the top-star of last, that this generation is better than the last. Cena marks will still be Cena marks, AE marks will still be AE marks, and Rock marks will still be throwing their stones. After a year of build, nothing will be accomplished.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
Cena is equal on the mic and better in the ring!? FOH

When motivated Cena > Rock. There is a reason Cena has received a 5* match rating but Rock hasn't. Also as for the promos I said currently so....

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv_fO_9ilEg[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu_rLVueT5g&feature=related[/yt]

What has Rock actually done since his return, thrown out childish jokes (which you claim to hate Cena for)? C'mon let's be honest here the only time Rock has gotten the upper hand on Cena has been with his concert.

#Heel1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Rocks promos have been childish so far, he hasn't taken this as seriously as Cena has. That may be due to his absence from the business, but it doesn't excuse poor performance. Cena has beaten Rock in every promo, I believe WWE has just gotten very creative with plants and crowd effects. Neither music number was that bad, though.

Does he deserve the win? Definitely. Will the Miami stadium agree? Probably not.
Something is telling me Rock will win. I want Cena to win, though.