Does anyone know why SD isn't live?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
I'm not really sure, but I would think cost would be a decisive factor.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Because they tape it, so it's not live if they tape it and play it another day.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
If it's live they can't properly add in the crowd sound effects

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
The Great White Crayo said:
This is a company that made $1.5m purely on gate sales from Summerslam...

I'm sure money isn't an issue. Going live has the resources to make MORE money too.

Cost + Desire. They save a ton of money by not airing it live and still get good ratings and sponsors. I doubt either ratings or sponsors would increase dramatically by making the show live. It's still on Friday nights

HeatherSays

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I think a lot of it has to do with the channels in which they are shown in America. USA network has hosted Raw for most all of the time it has been a show and is okay with it running over and other things. Smackdown is on Syfy which has another show that they feel has good ratings that comes on directly after Smackdown. If Smackdown was to be live then it could potentially run over and affect the show after it and it is possible that Syfy does not want that. I have no way to know that this is true, it is just what I assume. I know that they cut Smackdown to fit into the 2 hour segment so it makes sense.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
because they push horrible stars who cant produce live. Ryback, sheamus, orton, etc.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
So they can can heat for all the main eventers nobody care about, and so they can re-shoot Sin Cara's matches and edit out the botches.

Basically what Aids and Hannah said.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Wouldn't make a difference. Smackdown is very much the B show and would get the exact same ratings even if it was live. Might as well save money in the process by keeping it taped.