Do you want Jericho as champion?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jericho as champion?

• YES!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Yes, yes, and yes.

It makes the feud better, leading to a blow-off at OTL, which will probably end with Punk back in retention of the belt. Wrestling feuds where all the title matches are won by one guy are boring. And I'll love seeing what Jericho pulls out in a street fight.

The other option would be for Punk to beat Jericho so badly that Jericho gets sympathy from the audience and makes the fans boo Punk (a very long shot in Chicago, I'll admit). Punk works better (both as a face and as a heel) with a certain edge which has been sadly missing recently. Such a fight would give Punk that edge back.

Of course, that would also require WWE to realize that all faces don't need to be carbon copies of each other, but I digress.

wk

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Which would make it even more epic.

Exactly. Imagine the heat Jericho could get trolling all of the Punk marks after beating their hero in a 'Chicago Street Fight' ??

shrayan

The Artiste
Reaction score
never! i don't want that jerk chris jerico as a champion because he is not at all the best in the world ! after tlc 2011 cm punk had proved he is truly number 1!

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I think it might be probable that Jericho could win at Extreme Rules. 99% of the time, whoever gets the last word in a feud before the PPV loses the PPV match. Punk got one over on Jericho on Raw, not to mention wrestlers (usually faces) lose a lot in their hometown, so perhaps Jericho will actually win. But then again, he's leaving after May, and it would suck to give him the belt only to make him drop it right back just a month later.