Do you think the WWE or pro wrestling in general would sadly eventually die off if...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do you think the WWE or pro wrestling in general would sadly eventually die off if...

• Total voters

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Vanilla. Midgets. None of those guys were Y2J, still going an hour at the rumble in oldmanbodymode.

I watched the Outsiders vs Flair and Piper match today. Please someone tell me Y2J can't go.

RVD_86

Jobber
Reaction score
I can never see wrestling die off as such, but I definitely agree that the product is by far worse than what it once was. The attitude era was the best era for wrestling and nothing will ever top it. It was a one time thing and they way things are these days in society I don't think we will ever see an even similar product. I think fans have to accept that pro wrestling is going through huge changes and ultimately trying to attract a new audience base for the future as those of us who have been around during the attitude era will never be won over by anything they have to offer again.

Neither will there ever be a company that will be as big as WWE in the industry and neither will there be any top competition that WCW used to provide. Pro wrestling has too bad a reputation and background for any serious billionaire to come along and build a new empire (having said that if Trump fails for the presidency you never know lol). I think wrestling is seen as a falling empire these days. Largely through a combination of politically correct society putting pressure on the industry and the rise of MMA/UFC where fans have access to real fights on a regular basis which is something that wasn't available in years gone past.

In my opinion, WWE has gone stale running out of ideas and doesn't seem to be able to adapt to it's new environment. Creative teams struggle to come up with anything that hasn't been seen before and blow fans away. Wrestlers struggle to put on epic matches as most of the stuff in the ring has been seen before as well. I can't help but think that pro wrestling has had it's day and reached it's all time peak and from now on fans will have to put up with a watered down product with wannabe talents that will never reach the heights of the likes of The Rock, Stone Cold, HHH, Taker, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, RVD, Hulk Hogan etc etc etc...

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Outside of some massive scandal that sends everything crashing down at once, I don't see them dying anytime soon. No matter what we may think of the product, they're still doing just fine from a financial point of view. The company is a well-oiled machine with multiple revenue streams, lucrative television deals for a shit-ton of guaranteed money, sponsors, etc. that keeps bringing them a record number of revenue almost every year (they reported some more record earnings just yesterday: WWE Reports Strong Fourth-Quarter 2015 Results)

Creative wise, they would only be in danger if they made a large number of creative blunders repeatedly over a long period of time, and those would have to be pretty significant. WCW 1999-2001 pretty much wrote the book on that (or rather someone else did... It's called The Death of WCW.)

To echo what others are saying, I also believe that a larger awareness of concussions and brain injuries could cause wrestling (and sadly football, boxing, and mixed martial-arts as well) to slowly wither and die eventually. There's probably a far greater chance of that eventually being the death of wrestling as a whole than anything else.

TMBS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VVR7eLH
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
LH0JziR
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
kane
WWE is not wrestling.

Roman Reigns is

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I could definitely see the popularity of wrestling dwindle if the WWE went out of business. Wrestling wouldn't vanish at all, as indies/puro/lucha have big fanbases unrelated to WWE, but I guess there's a couple million people who would just let it go if WWE died and wouldn't look on the internet for a replacement (assuming there is no company near the size of WWE when they die). However, I do think it would take something massive to kill WWE, they just announced a record quarter profit or something, even though their attendance and ratings are slowly going down. As much as WWE's booking made me and a couple of others get away from the product, I doubt it's anything significant considering their new fan income and such.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
Vince would have to mess up something bad or have some bad news come out about child slave labor making their merchandise or something. Like some stuff that would piss everyone off, not just wrestling fans. WWE will continue to go in waves of being great to sucking again just like it has for how many years now?