Do you think The Rock made the right choice to leave the WWE for the movies ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
A lot of people didn't like The Rock's decision to quit wrestling because he was already one of the top guys in the WWE but I didn't mind because while The Rock was on his way out, new guys took his place like Brock Lesnar, Randy Orton, Batista and John Cena. One of those guys ended up being the face of the organization for a decade, which wouldn't have happened had he not left. Plus the WWE was already starting to decline around the time when he left. WCW and ECW were gone, the WWF changed to the WWE after they lost the rights to the WWF name and logo and the WWE was no longer the adult oriented and raunchy controversial show that it was when he was around. Plus you have a bunch of wrestlers dying from heart attacks or killing themselves, one of them even died while The Rock was around as a matter of fact. The guy fell from the rafters after hanging from the ceiling with a malfunctioning cable and plummeted to his death during a pay per view etc. The Rock was smart to leave when he did. Otherwise the same thing would've happened to him.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Yes he has made bona fide heart wrenching classics that live long in the memory. How he has not won a academy award for his dynamic range as a thespian is beyond me.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Yes i don't think I would want to be a wrestler. Its safer in the USA army and going to a combat zone than being a wrestler. One of the old PPVs had something like 11/30 in the rumble dead at an early age. If you don't die you will likely have health problems and early retirement.

Even watching the Attitude Era you see Chyna, Benoit, Eddie, Test, Crash Holly+ others and they are also dead. 3/4 or 4/5 people in the ring are now dead in some situations

Hollywood pays more and is a lot less painful physically.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Look how much money he is making now, of course he made the right choice.. That's why everyone try's to follow in the Rock's footsteps, but nobody can.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Yes because he seems like he has grown as a person and is enjoying himself.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Yes. His name has more value in WWE when he does come back and Vince pays him a lot more than he used to because of that. It is like Brock with UFC. It is better to be in the WWE and have something else going on before/during/after runs with the company than just to be focused on the company. Jericho is another example. He isn't just a wrestler, he also has a band.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Yes.

He’s making way more $ and enjoys it more. I think he literally owes everything to WWE for getting his name out there and exposing his talent, but yeah, he made he right move.

Reactions: jminter2698

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Abso-friggin'-lutely. He's making more money and is a far bigger name than he ever would be if he just stayed in WWE until his body explodes.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Leave: Make millions, gain tons of power, become the biggest celebrity in the entire world, subsequently help WWE by being the biggest star in the world

Stay: Nothing

Yeah, he made the right call

Reactions: Rosie

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I used to think he made the wrong decision until I found out WWE released him and denied him a chance to fight one of his heroes at Wrestlemania

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Rock is not really that good as a wrestler or actor. Its his charisma though people love him.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Rock is not really that good as a wrestler or actor. Its his charisma though people love him.
That is so true. He is super corny but because he's so confident he makes it work

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Without a doubt he made the rught choice leaving. He is extremely successful, much more successful than he would have been staying in the WWE.

Reaction score
Yes I believe so. He's made a great career for himself as an actor. I think the wwe suffered alot from his departure though. Many would say he's more popular now cause he reaches a bigger audience but I prefer wwf lay the smackdown on your candy ass rock