Do you think CM Punk is an Edge ripoff?

• Thread starter Solid Stinger the Big Boss
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Addicted to competition, that's what I meant.

lol, if CM Punk has MITB, no matter who it is, unless your RVD, your not gonna ask for an actual match, that lwoers your chances. And, storyline wise, Punk did that to "get back" at Edge for all he's done, and play his own game against him.
BTW, Straightedge has nothing to do with giving it your all every time, its just about the lifestyle, the "addidcted to competition" is a seperate gimmick (sorta)...

I'm still not too satisfied with the win, the small feud between them both seems to be forgotten that lead him to doing it (haven't seen RAW nor NOC so tell me if I'm wrong). One on one match is what I was expecting because that's what I thought his gimmick/life style was all about not some slip in win.

torriesthebest

Reaction score
I'm not a Punk fan nor have I ever been. Of course I wont Bash the guy or anything but I think its pretty stupid that you talk about having this honest and clean lifestyle then you do something that a heel or cheater would do.

As far as Punk being an Edge Clone...never. Maybe if he turns heel he'll show shades of Edge but Edge is much more over....as a face and a heel.

chessarmy

Punk has absolutely nothing to do with Edge, so I have no idea why anyone would call him an Edge rip off

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
No way is he an Edge ripoff. I really don't get how some people could even think that. Punk and Edge are almost complete opposites.

scotland123

Reaction score
They have similarities, but they are completely differen.t Maybe alike in build but thats it.

the-gaffer

Reaction score
I would take what I read on YouTube with a pinch of salt, they are complete marks over there

Reaction score
2 Letters: NO.

Rated R superstar - Straight Edge -- now how does that make him a rip off?

Heel - Face -- Still no.

Money in the bank winner - Money in the bank winner -- Hmmm thats so far the only thing.

Cashed it in when the guy is deffenceless - cashed it in when hes deffenceless -- These are the only things.

They have both different gimmiks, differebt mic skills by the way they talk, different move set, different everything besides mitb history. Ppl on youtube need to shut the fuck up because they dont know what the fuck there saying.

DanDaMan

Reaction score
Ripoff? hmmmmmmm One entertaining one just plain @ss annoying