Do you think Christian Cage's in ring skills are Underrated?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

03mnm

Reaction score
Right well we all here how people go on about how good in ring guys like Angle, Joe, AJ Styles are but you never here people talk about Christian Cage’s in ring skills I mean over the past few months Christian has had some great matches firstly Joe at Bound For Glory, Kaz at Genesis, and two great matches with Angle at Final Resolution and Against all Odds. Anyway the point I am trying to make is Christian Cage’s in ring skills are underrated.

J

I can acurritly say that Christian Cage was massivly underrated...In WWE...but as for TNA...No i don't think he is at all...I think he is exactly where he should be...

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

^^exactly. in wwe he was but tna use him just like they should

Wrestling Station

well, im not really sure, we saw him counter finishers and big moves. Uses some splashes and has in ring charisma. But for me, the WWE image is still stuck in my mind that he sucked big time there, so its just hard for me to accept him as a main-eventer, even if he is a big shoot now in TNA.

Problem is, we have long term memory, and that wont benefit some people sometimes.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
I'll be completely honest, I watch TNA but there's no way in hell you're going to get me to buy one of their PPVs. Especially when they stick to the WWE way of doing things. (OH YAY 3/6 matches had false finishes, looks like i'll have to tune in Thursday to see what happened!? Ya fucking right I'll allow myself to have to go through that with both WWE and TNA. Btw i thought TNA was an alternative? Not WWE-Lite)

the matches i have saw of Christian, which actually is many are good matches but very forgettable. He's very skilled both on the mic and in the ring. He has good psychology but i've never been truly into one of his matches. And now that I think about it, I know this is a stretch but i've just never accepted the fact that Christian is TNA and not WWE. After all of his heel psychology i expect a smart remark from Lawler and Jr overselling whatever the hell he just did. Something Don West and Tenay couldn't do and can't do, off topic but there a terrible announce team. Coach solo would add more to the match then those two clowns.

but yeah to answer the thread title, Do you think Christian Cage's in ring skills are underrated? Yes vastly so but only by the IWC. He is a former World Champion and in the two or three years he's been in here he's only been pinned like 3-4 times? I've never met a TNA fan outside of the IWC (well my WWE friends, but i can't really see myself ever asking them this question) so I wouldn't know any other opinion then the IWC's of Christian Cage.

Christian

Reaction score
well, im not really sure, we saw him counter finishers and big moves. Uses some splashes and has in ring charisma. But for me, the WWE image is still stuck in my mind that he sucked big time there, so its just hard for me to accept him as a main-eventer, even if he is a big shoot now in TNA.

Problem is, we have long term memory, and that wont benefit some people sometimes.

Christian was still one of my favorites in WWE when he was with Edge, then again when he was with Jericho, but he still wasn't the best in-ring performer. I liked him more for his mic skills and his tag work. But in TNA he's seemed to improve by leaps and bounds, but shit, I guess a push will do that to you :D

chessarmy

He improved alot in TNA imo, but he isn't anything to be really hyped about when it comes to his in ring talent because to me...it looks pretty average but his great mic skills make up for it

Haze187

Reaction score
He entertains so much with promos that I think people don't notice how good he is in the ring and yeah maybe his WWE run makes people unsure of him being a main eventer, its like Shark Boy becoming TNA champ, some people are not gonna accept him as champ. Christian was used so badly in WWE that it has kind of affected his image. He's still one of the best today.

phantomgerald

Cage was, is and always will be a talker, and that's his specialty. That being said, he's shown in TNA he can wrestle, but that's about it. He's not amazing special in-ring, but he's good.

Adampro123

Reaction score
I Think christian is a great wrestler.hemay not be as athletic as joe, AJ, KAz, ect. but whenever he gets in the ring in a big time match the match is always great. so yeah i would say he is underrated.

Techniq

Reaction score
Christian is good, however I never really caught on to him. Good performer, but I actually think he is OVER-rated.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Christian has always been average, he added few more moves when he went to TNA but it's his mic skills that really make him great. Same thing bout Edge if you think about it.

Christian

Reaction score
I Think christian is a great wrestler.hemay not be as athletic as joe, AJ, KAz, ect. but whenever he gets in the ring in a big time match the match is always great. so yeah i would say he is underrated.

not as athletic as JOE!? LMAO!!!!!!!!! I GOTTA SHOW PEEPSHOW THIS

xtremebadass

No disrespect to Peepshow, but I went stale on Christian. I know TNA is very picky about title changes, but if Christian was so great he would have gotten the title by now. As you said he did have great matches with Joe and Kaz, but they weren't that great to elevate him back to World Champion status. Again, no disrespect to Peepshow, but IMO Christian is over rated. Everyone hypes him up, but I see nothing coming from it. Christian has just been hovering in TNA. He isn't in any major storyline, I can't even tell what the storylines are in TNA anymore except the whole AJ-Karen-Kurt one, I am still waiting for the actual match, but that's about it. Christian is basically in Main Event...Tag Team matches. 6 man at Destination X and the Lethal Lockdown at Lockdown, sure it's the main event, but again not for the title. He had two good chances against Angle but couldn't get it done. I don't see him getting another one any time soon so where does this guy go from here?