Do you think Cena vs Punk will be the big summer storyline?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I'd rather a repeat of an awesome storyline than anything else current CM Punk is doing tbh. Plus, it could work really well. CM Punk could say he got lost in the fame and became like Cena, but no more bla bla bla.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I'd rather a repeat of an awesome storyline than anything else current CM Punk is doing tbh. Plus, it could work really well. CM Punk could say he got lost in the fame and became like Cena, but no more bla bla bla.

I wouldn't complain if that was the case.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
According to the rumors, WWE wants Cena/Punk to happen because they don't want their WWE Champion (Punk) to be 3rd last on the card in what is supposed to be one of their biggest PPVs (since Cena will get the main event regardless of whether it's for a title, and you can't forget Triple H/Brock.) So, putting them together is a way of accomplishing that. It's a good idea, come to think of it. At least Punk will be getting the main event, unless they're overshadowed by Triple H/Brock.

It may also be a way to put the belt back on Cena and do so in a way that finally gives him his win over Punk. Disappointing that Punk's title reign ends to someone he's already beaten twice last year like Cena, but really, if Cena is gonna always be in the main event, then you may as well just put the belt on him because it does the titles no good to have them constantly being defended in the undercard.

Reactions: Matt

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I don't see Cena or Punk just losing randomly, something would have to happen. They're both supermen.

I can easily see it going that way. They can hype it up and book the match to make it look like it's evenly matches while having Cena still get the win and the belt.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
KevinLockard23 said:
I can easily see it going that way. They can hype it up and book the match to make it look like it's evenly matches while having Cena still get the win and the belt.

Definitely. I think Punk losing cleanly and just shaking Cena's hand as a gracious loser is pretty likely if this feud happens like everyone expects. "Well, I gave it my best but Cena was just better that night" blah blah blah.

Punk is the new Superhero on the block, but Cena is still THE superman

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The more I read about the summer, the more pessimistic I become. The version of a "summer storyline" could be the in-ring return of Brock and Trips... I'll believe it when I see it.