Do you think Cena vs Punk will be the big summer storyline?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
It's almost certainly going to happen, CM Punk vs John Cena for the second year in a row at Summerslam. Do you think there will be some big storyline surrounding it? Or do you think they just don't know what to have Cena do so they put him in the title picture to make sure tickets/PPV's are sold?

Discuss.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
I'm hoping they've already got a good storyline planned out. I want a really good feud.. It would be annoying if they just handed him the title and it went nowhere with him and punk

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
No it will be fucking HORRIBLE! We had it last year and this year it will ruin Punk badly. There's absolutely no point! If CM Punk turns heel it will be ok but not as good as last years because I don't get how big this angle could get. The summer angle should be Daniel Bryan and John Cena. Cena could put over Bryan like a god.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
People are misunderstanding what a heel is I think. Punk being all anti-hero isn't a heel. Unless you want him to revert back to cheap shot attacks and random promos insulting the crowd then no heel turn is needed. Anti-establishment badass Punk could easily make this a face vs face feud we all want to see.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
But see ^ @[Crayo] they already did that. Another stupid storyline making CM Punk an anti-hero would be impossible because he's already so over as a babyface.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Thewindyfan said:
But see ^ @[Crayo] they already did that. Another stupid storyline making CM Punk an anti-hero would be impossible because he's already so over as a babyface.

Not hard to link the stories together. It could be wonderful. They don't need to use it to make Punk over. Punk's reactions now anyway seem to be girls and casual men.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
But he's a babyface now and kids cheer him almost enough as Cena. They could only make him an anti-hero if he stands up against the gm but still it would be hard cuz it would seem like a babyface thing like he did with Johnny Ace.

I want Daniel Bryan and Cena to headline the summer.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
There's a possibility that it'll be the big story, but I don't want it to. First, the same feud happened at the same time of the year last year. Was it good? Yes, very good. Will it be again? No. Why? Because I'm sure it'll be a characteristic face vs face "I want title, you have title, I respect you but I want the belt" crap every week until the match. It smells like WWE shoving Cena down every hole in our bodies just like they do every damn year all the damn time.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Crayo said:
If WWE cared about Punk's association with kids as much as you think I don't think CM Punk would be allowed a twitter account lmao.

LOL true that :dawg:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Leo C said:
There's a possibility that it'll be the big story, but I don't want it to. First, the same feud happened at the same time of the year last year. Was it good? Yes, very good. Will it be again? No. Why? Because I'm sure it'll be a characteristic face vs face "I want title, you have title, I respect you but I want the belt" crap every week until the match. It smells like WWE shoving Cena down every hole in our bodies just like they do every damn year all the damn time.

To be honest, I know WWE insults the fans every week but I doubt they'd have Punk expressing his love for Cena like we're supposed to forget the year before. Especially when every time Punk appears they seem to mention his shoot.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Crayo said:
To be honest, I know WWE insults the fans every week but I doubt they'd have Punk expressing his love for Cena like we're supposed to forget the year before. Especially when every time Punk appears they seem to mention his shoot.

The simple fact that they're repeating a feud just for Cena not to be out of the spotlight in the same period already drives my attention away from it. Plus, if they actually repeated Punk being a rebel or something, it would be even worse, just doing it again, literally. And I'm sure that if Punk became that anti-establishment badass or anything, he'd be the corny Cena Jr. in a few months all over again.