Do you think Brock Lesnar is Overrated

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do you think Brock Lesnar is overrated

• Total voters

Jon1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I think Brock Lesnar is overrated because he only does a couple moves a match like German suplexs and F5s and the fatal 4 way at Summerslam they didn't need Brock in that match literally it could've been only Braun, Roman and Joe and it still would've been great Brock actually left mid match so they basically did a great match and didn't need Brock Lesnar

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
200.gif

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I can see where people have the reasoning to hate on Lesnar, but almost every time he has a match it's always the most exciting part of the show. He brings alot of energy to an arena and I think he is one of the most under appreciated sellers of the current roster. He's had a few stinkers, like with Dean, and even his last with Strowman was not very good. But overall, he almost always brings the big fight feel, and delivers on a hard hitting intense match up. Even if it's short lived

Last edited:

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
So here we are again with another debatable topic which has been talked about over and over and over. The major issue in all of this is WWE and the way Vince feels this need for one or (in this current state with Roman Reigns) even two wrestlers who are built to be so unbeatable to the point that we're to believe that there's no possible way anyone can beat them until someone does. In the past this trick was crafty but now it's getting very annoying, however as the businessman that Vince is, he's too occupied on making money his way to understand what the fans really want and/or don't want. I'm sorry that it is made this way and hopefully sooner or later we'll have true change in WWE but this is the way they're playing their game.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
He is not there to perform a variety of moves to entertain you. He is there to kick ass. He is so anti spectle that wwe normally does. That is what makes him great to watch plus his unmatched intensity. He is no nonsense let's get this shit over so I can pound my wife hard tonight type of guy

Reactions: Death Walker

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Here's what I think. Is he a five star wrestler? Definitely not, but he's entertaining as hell. I do have one problem with Lesnar however, and that's the fact that he should never be allowed near the world championship. There are people who'll disagree, but from an entertainment standpoint having him as Champion hurts Raw.

He's not overrated, but he's not a good Champion

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I think Brock Lesnar is overrated because he only does a couple moves a match like German suplexs and F5s and the fatal 4 way at Summerslam they didn't need Brock in that match literally it could've been only Braun, Roman and Joe and it still would've been great Brock actually left mid match so they basically did a great match and didn't need Brock Lesnar
No

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
what is this "everybody needs 100 moves in his moveset" topic? It's not about how many moves you have, it's about how much they mean. Goldberg literally got every person in the crowd standing on their feet by just hitting spears and jackhammers for a couple months. And when Brock hits a german, people react because they know it means business. Besides, it's not Brock's job to put on 5 star bangers anyways, this man draws. It doesn't matter how many moves he hits. If he's booked, people care and are invested.. and that's what matters.

I get that his last matches were a bit 'meh' and each had a bit of a weak finish, but that's just because they wanna make the F5 a bit more dominant again. We have been trained to believe that 1 F5 isn't enough to put someone away, so now they wanna change that. Just so we don't have a Cena situation where you have to kick out of 4 AAs to get your point across. So my answer is no, he's not overrated, he's a freak of nature, knows how to work and he knows his value

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I think he's overrated...but...I wouldn't have that opinion of him
if he wrestled more frequently (and I don't mean every week)
and wrestled in longer matches.

His move set is also fairly limited...but...what he does he does
extremely well.

I do think his "selling" is excellent...and he's done everything
possible besides dropping the belt to make Joe & Strowman
look like credible top level threats...although hitting a couple
more F-5's to win would have helped.

I can understand why people rate Brock...but I personally don't.

Of course...if Ronda Rousey came in and had the exact
same booking as Lesnar in the women's division...then
I'd be all for that...so call me a hypocrite.

In fact...I'd be happy if Asuka was booked "the Lesnar Way"
and had Heyman as her advocate.

At least that way she'd be protected.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter how good of a wrestler Lesnar is he wasn't hired for that. Brock Lesnar is a draw, put him against almost anyone and it feels like a big deal. He is presented like a complete badass and has the credentials to match so in that regard he isn't overrated.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Here's what I think. Is he a five star wrestler? Definitely not, but he's entertaining as hell. I do have one problem with Lesnar however, and that's the fact that he should never be allowed near the world championship. There are people who'll disagree, but from an entertainment standpoint having him as Champion hurts Raw.

He's not overrated, but he's not a good Champion
They put the Championship on Brock to bring prestige to the Universal Championship. And then, the person who takes the title away from him will have more star power. It will be this case until every single person knows what the Universal Championship is. For example, when WWE bought WCW, they needed a midcarder title, which was the World Heavyweight Championship. At the time, the WWE Championship is the title to get, but WHC is an afterthought to put something on a midcarder.

Jon1

The Artiste
Reaction score
what is this "everybody needs 100 moves in his moveset" topic? It's not about how many moves you have, it's about how much they mean. Goldberg literally got every person in the crowd standing on their feet by just hitting spears and jackhammers for a couple months. And when Brock hits a german, people react because they know it means business. Besides, it's not Brock's job to put on 5 star bangers anyways, this man draws. It doesn't matter how many moves he hits. If he's booked, people care and are invested.. and that's what matters.

I get that his last matches were a bit 'meh' and each had a bit of a weak finish, but that's just because they wanna make the F5 a bit more dominant again. We have been trained to believe that 1 F5 isn't enough to put someone away, so now they wanna change that. Just so we don't have a Cena situation where you have to kick out of 4 AAs to get your point across. So my answer is no, he's not overrated, he's a freak of nature, knows how to work and he knows his value
You dont need 100s of moves but doing the same two moves most of the time and some corner moves isn't that much

Jon1

The Artiste
Reaction score
They put the Championship on Brock to bring prestige to the Universal Championship. And then, the person who takes the title away from him will have more star power. It will be this case until every single person knows what the Universal Championship is. For example, when WWE bought WCW, they needed a midcarder title, which was the World Heavyweight Championship. At the time, the WWE Championship is the title to get, but WHC is an afterthought to put something on a midcarder.
Well they could've made Brock drop it to Strowman then Brock can leave till like survivor series or Royal Rumble to beat Strowman because in the end they want Roman Vs Lesnar at Wrestlemania 34, but if it was dropped to Strowman the you could see the champion more than just at some Raw episodes and PPV but the first three months he didn't defend it

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Well they could've made Brock drop it to Strowman then Brock can leave till like survivor series or Royal Rumble to beat Strowman because in the end they want Roman Vs Lesnar at Wrestlemania 34, but if it was dropped to Strowman the you could see the champion more than just at some Raw episodes and PPV but the first three months he didn't defend it
What would that accomplish? Strowman is already over with fans. And, strowman is kinda new - him winning championship would cause a heel turn. Look at how fans boo'ed Reigns just for having a quick push. Nevermind that WWE chose Reigns over Bryan that year... my point is that it's too soon.

Jon1

The Artiste
Reaction score
What would that accomplish? Strowman is already over with fans. And, strowman is kinda new - him winning championship would cause a heel turn. Look at how fans boo'ed Reigns just for having a quick push. Nevermind that WWE chose Reigns over Bryan that year... my point is that it's too soon.
Its been three years since he first debuted and AJ Styles debuted January 2016 and already one the World championship and is a 2x or 3x United States Champion