Do you think bad booking is what killed Smackdown?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I think it has I mean think about it there is no tag team fued. Khali is the champ. Batista and Kane are getting wasted when they are pretty good talent who belong in a top class fued till someone like Edge or Taker come back. No solid cruiserweights. What do you think?

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
Michael Hayes (Smackdown head writer) is actually a pretty good booker, the problem with Smackdown is defiantly the lack of Starpower.
Which all basically leads back to the draft which was used to cover up the fuck ups made by Steph and her monkeys; Which Smackdown was hit hard. Also the fact the there two biggest names in Edge and Undertaker are on the sideline.

You mentioned no actual tag team feuds thats because the champs have basically no one to feud with the only tag teams on the Smackdown roster currently are Deuce N Domino and the Major Brothers.

It has also doesn't help that the only Main Eventers there are Batista, Khali, Mark Henry and maybe Kane; that right there is sad. I don't see why they don't bring over some RAW talent there are so many great wrestlers there which are just getting lost in the shuffle like Carlito he would be a great fit along with Jeff Hardy, even King Booker who should of never left Smackdown to be honest, it just doesnt make sense.

Reaction score
I agree with Viva La Luke. if anything "killed" smackdown it was Raw...since they HAVE to be the number one brand. The booking isnt that bad its just a small roster that has been hit with numerous injuries. You would think that due to that some more stars would be sent over..but that cant happen. no. The same problem exists for ecw...it gets stale and repeditive from a small roster. Raw is the culprit as they have more star power than they need or can handle....and many undercard guys that arnt getting exposure...as well as tag teams.

MTG

Reaction score
I think injuries is what's killing Smackdown.

Rey,edge, taker, burchill were all injured.

Along with the draft they lost so much talent.

Reaction score
i also think that lack of talent is the main thing killing smackdown plus the injuries to edge and taker.they should send some developmental talent to sd to toughen the undercard.will nattie neidhart and teddy hart harry smith be drafted to raw or smackdown?

MikeRaw

ECW has more starpower than SD lol.But SD isnt that bad.It is good in someways.MVP/Hardy is a hell of a feud and Reys return is big to.But by doing this they dont push others like DnD,Majors and many others.Its the effet of the draft and that proved that Raw is the top brand and the other two just make guys for Raw.
But SD can put on a decent show for hat it ihas.But booking isnt the problem.

MikeRaw

Hmmmm.....

Hmm...We all know the SD booking isnt the same anymore as it used to be but 2 or 3 things make me make this post.Its just incredible how dumb this is getting.

Example 1-Batista is no longer Number One Contender.Now I know some of you are greatful because you feel he's had too many shots but Im not going to debate that.Because it still is dumb.Why is WWE going to have a new number one contender tournament on SD if Batista didnt lose the match at SS.He ctually won!But it was because Khali got himself DQ'd.So wheter you feel this is a good thing or not,you cant argue that it just doesnt make sense.Why would a guy who technically won the match and was cheated out of the match by the champ be cast aside?

Example 2-Rey is back on SD this week but he is entered in the tourny.If youve read the spoilers,dont post the winners as some may not want to know.However,the feud with Chavo is suddenly dropped...Why would a man who was out of action for close to a year due to Chavo,and comes back after being mocked for months,and comes back to beat the hell out of chavo,suddenly not care and move on.Shouldnt Rey be wanting some more?

Example 3-This one is not a SD one but instead is from Raw but is showing that wwe cant run with a good thing...
Simmons/Santino was a perfectly good feud with a good backstory and where has it gone...Summerslam had not a trace and neither did Raw...Simmons has gone back to Mr.Damn and the storyline has a loose end.Why would they do this?

Now,those are all I can think of but Im sure Ill fine more as the day proggresses(I not long woke up)...Post your thoughts and if you agree or disagree with me.Also if you have any bad decisions of your own(that wwe did)please feel free to share...:wiggle:

Reaction score
You state some very good points...I can't really argue with this! Great post man!

Reaction score
That is a great post man. I totally agree with you there. But the santino/simmons thing I dont think is over. Sometimes they set things on the shelf for a week to get some other storylines some TV time. Same thing with chavo/rey. I mean they are still going to be fueding, but to be honest, I dont want to watch Rey vs Chavo every week during their fued. And dont say batista is out yet. There is still a lot of time left. So Batista may just be set to the side for the day as well. Even tho I hear his fued is still showcased on SD. They used to do this with austin man. They would have him on a couple weeks, get the fans going crazy, but then would throw in a couple other story lines so it dont get stale. But its all good. Plus on Raw they had the HHH return so that took up most of the segment time for Raw. Just keep watching. Raw is really showing some good TV lately. As for SD...:puke:

LOL. But I am out for now.

Reaction score
I agree with most that is said here. SD is getting very repetitive. It is the only show that I can watch as I do not have cable or satellite. Some nights I turn it on and can tell what the show is gonna be like from the opening. As it has been the same for weeks. MVP/Hardy. Henry squash then an Undertaker video. Khali spits his words of greatness, Batista throws a table. Deuce and Domino roll out in a sweet ride. It is all the same, some nights I would rather watch Beauty and the Geek LMAO. They should be grateful that Rey finally returned and are waiting for Edge and Taker. They do need a couple other mid card stars and another tag team to give some mix. However the Hardy MVP feud is about to bigger. And maybe they will do something good with Rey. SD just needs one ME star that can cut a good promo to round out the show as they dont really have a good on mic star.... But thats my look at it.

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
your acting like your surprised...this is WWE we are talking about and logic is non exsitant.....

LKP

I dont think smackdown is that bad. It has good matches its just that it can be a bit ovbious sometimes with endings. No matter how thin the roster is there is always 1 good match every week.

btman

Reaction score
Smackdown does need some more stars... They should have kept Kennedy on Smackdown. Can't wait till Edge comes back.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I think that with all the Main Event talent on the sidelines right now they should have pushed the cruiserweights more. There are some decent cruiserweights on SD and if the WWE would take advantage of what they DO have on SD instead of waiting around for the big names to come back, then maybe they would have a chance to improve SD. I remember when the cruiserweights were really over with the fans and were imo at least if not more entertaining then the heavyweights. Sice Raw has all the big heavy weights they should just all go to Raw and send the cruiserweights and mid- carders to SD. Let ECW do the tag teams and then slowly once each division has been built up then try to intermingle them again. But thats just my opinion.