Do you take the tag division seriously yet?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I think it has been a point of emphasis for Triple H to make the Tag Titles relevant again. I have to say, there seems to have been improvement, but has it become something to proud of yet? Back in the day, the tag division was one of the most exciting things about wrestling. Do you think it is going to ever get there again?

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I think it has improved heavily over the years. Can it be taken seriously like before, sure it can. But not this year. I think it'll take a couple more years before the tag team division returns to it's former glory, as long as it forms on actual teams that they have and putting them in exciting feuds.

Reactions: Danielson

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
It's becoming stronger than it has been in years but I'd like it if they actually let some of the tag teams have mic time. Like the Rhodes (the CHAMPIONS), for example. How many times have they spoken at all since the night they won the championships?

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
For a while the only teams with the gold have been "special" teams like DB and Kane, Shield, Cody and Gold Dust, but pretty soon the belts should have enough significance for real teams like Usos and PTP to shine. It's on the right track, but not quite there yet.

Reactions: Danielson

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'm taking it seriously as far as the matches go (it's not one credible team anymore and jobbers throughout the entire division anymore), but yeah, more mic time for them would be interesting. I suppose they'd rather have Orton cut promos throughout the entire show, but whatever floats their boat. It's on the way to relevancy, but more promos would be welcome.

Reactions: Vice and Danielson

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Right now it's the Rhodes brothers just dominating week in and week out. The only other team that has any build is the Real Americans, and thats because they are over with the fans. Usos, those other assholes, and Random teams like Show/Rey dont work for me at least, the flying usos look cool but they are missing something....and the PTP are just shit on. When tag teams were great Too cool, NAO, Right to censor, the Holly's, Edge and Christian, and more could win or lose any week and it looked great. You know any time Dust and Cody get in the ring they will win, and if not only the Real Americans will win.

Also with Shield around and the random faces banding together shit, we end up with a grip of 3v3 matches that are a coinflip at best.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
ou know any time Dust and Cody get in the ring they will win

Don't want to shit on your point, but the Rhodes brothers have recently lost the following matches:

-20th Dec SD vs Harper/Rowan
-16th Dec RAW vs Show/Rey
-13th Dec SD vs Real Americans
-6th Dec SD vs Rybaxel

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
Nope, not yet... As I've stated in other threads, before people wanted to be a part of a tag team, people wanted to share their screen time with another guy and now that's not the case, people just want to show off and forget about the rest. Actually it's looking better because we have teams who don't seem to care if they show off or not and actually have some double-team moves which makes it look way better. With that being said, they have the potential to do it but I can't see that happening in a near future...

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I suppose you could say that there have been MASSIVE improvements recently, but proper feuds are desperately needed. Cody and Goldust + The Usos are the most exciting teams for me to watch personally, I'd like to continue seeing them both have success, maybe throw a title shot at the Usos in a 2-5 months after Cody and GD lose it. Preferably to the Real Americans...

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
It's greatly improved with the Rhodes bros doing there thing and Cesaro making Swaggs interesting but it doesn't catch my eye.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Don't want to shit on your point, but the Rhodes brothers have recently lost the following matches:

-20th Dec SD vs Harper/Rowan
-16th Dec RAW vs Show/Rey
-13th Dec SD vs Real Americans
-6th Dec SD vs Rybaxel
the only one i facepalmed for was Rybaxel. I just was trying (and failing) to say there is no build to the point that even with those losses, the other team might win but it never appears they have the ability to do it. Harper and Rowan i somehow forgot entirely.

I also skip almost every SD so that has a lot to do with it.

Reaction score
The teams are pretty good right now we just need better feuds and more non-reg 2 v 2 matches (more ladder and tables matches etc.)