Do you still buy DVDs?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yes, I do still collect DVDs, VHSes, and Blu-Rays. I also collect CDs, 8-Tracks, Cassettes, Books, and Graphic Novels.

My total collection for DVDs is around 400 or 500 hundred, VHSes is around 200, and Blu-Rays is at 75. If you give me a day or so I can have accurate numbers.

Do you just want the case? ....Or is it just a hobby for nostalgia reasons since you said VHS? I've also thought about getting a few VHS or Beta

You know there are external hard drives that can hold thousands of movies if you want physical copies right? For free? lol

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Betamax >

! Solid Snake just gained 195hp! (hipster points)

[doublepost=1524090297][/doublepost]Great....

I came on here to talk about how DVDs were dead technology & a waste of time and now I have to start up a VHS/Betamax collection... Not making much headway

First one I ever watched

Attachments

• 29090633_390389011428071_23220822290202624_n.jpg
    29090633_390389011428071_23220822290202624_n.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 6

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
VHS or die.
You got it.

Do you just want the case? ....Or is it just a hobby for nostalgia reasons since you said VHS? I've also thought about getting a few VHS or Beta

You know there are external hard drives that can hold thousands of movies if you want physical copies right? For free? lol
Really, I guess you can say it is a nostalgia thing, and I like to have physical copies because not every movie I like is on the internet so to say. Every movie I watch on VHS brings back a memory when times were simple, and not so fast paced so to say. I know you can do illegal streaming, and well I ain't about that life, you know. I will say if you are going to get into VHS/Beta collecting begin collecting what you want first and then branch out.

You're right there are, but it just isn't the same thing as holding a physical copy. Every game I own and anything else i always have physical copies. I mean I can't really explain it to be honest.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
You got it.

Really, I guess you can say it is a nostalgia thing, and I like to have physical copies because not every movie I like is on the internet so to say. Every movie I watch on VHS brings back a memory when times were simple, and not so fast paced so to say. I know you can do illegal streaming, and well I ain't about that life, you know. I will say if you are going to get into VHS/Beta collecting begin collecting what you want first and then branch out.

You're right there are, but it just isn't the same thing as holding a physical copy. Every game I own and anything else i always have physical copies. I mean I can't really explain it to be honest.

No I get what you mean... for sure it takes me back when I'm in the thrift store & see a Betamax of Garbage Pail Kids or Scarface

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
No I get what you mean... for sure it takes me back when I'm in the thrift store & see a Betamax of Garbage Pail Kids or Scarface
I never got into collecting Betamax mainly because I couldn't find any and when I did they were high priced. Also, thrift stores are the havens for VHS collectors, lol.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I never got into collecting Betamax mainly because I couldn't find any and when I did they were high priced. Also, thrift stores are the havens for VHS collectors, lol.

Yeah but I love rare stuff... I still have a betamax at my moms

The Shining, Yeti, Aliens.. and some christmas one's that I cherish lol

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I can watch anything I want over the internet.

If I want to throw money down the toilet I'll buy a DVD.

Right? ....I use to buy a shit ton of them but I just can't justify it anymore.

Once in awhile I'll catch myself looking in the bargain bin at the $3 DVDs but then I'm like "I can just google this as soon as I get home in 2 seconds"

I miss the hobby of collecting them but for me collecting them is useless if they're worth nothing & I can use the money for something else.

Same goes for buying books or comic books... comic books are worth nothing anymore unless you find Action #1 and I can get any hardcover book on my Kobo for free

Reactions: The Sheik

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I try to buy concert DVDs and CDs too. Ill buy movies that I really like on DVD, but other than that I dont. I watch most stuff on Hulu or Youtube.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Well, the local Dollar store in my neighborhood was having a sale on IT Crowd DVDs so, yeah, I still buy DVDs especially if the price is right.

IT Crowd Season 1.jpg

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Normally I don't, though I still get DVD's for Christmas most years, but I just recently spent like $120 dollars on the complete series of Malcolm in the Middle, so yeah, sometimes I get really dumb and buy DVD's. They're not even my region, if it wasn't for VLC player I'm not sure I'd be able to use them. And only season one has any special features, so I can't even justify the purchase that way. Love the series though, so it's far from the worst impulse buy I've made.