Do you still buy DVDs?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yes, I realize this question has most likely been asked a few times. I also realize that the answer to this question can change based on how much time has went by, so I am asking it again as I personally see no reason to invest other than a pretty piece of cardboard that holds the disc.

I mean with how much access you have Online to very easily stream anything you want for much cheaper then buying it in a store. Technically you are able to stream literally anything for free. TV Shows, Live TV, Movies, PPV, Music... Anything.

I'm not sure if streaming free content is legal in the US or other States but here in Canada we can stream as much as we want & then there is downloading which is also legal here as long as we don't distribute the content.
On top of that you have Netflix, Hulu & countless other services that TV Shows & movies are starting to exclusively invest in.

Why even spend money on cable anymore or anything else other than to your ISP?

Here in Canada however, Internet & Data prices are getting very high & I imagine that this fact has something to do with it.

Do you STILL buy DVDs? ...If not, when is the last time you remember buying one?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I have cable but hardly use it. I mostly watch things on my computer on streaming networks. I also watch stuff on YouTube.
I actually never bought DVD's or even Blu-rays. I didn't see the point as most things I watch, I only watch once.

I also haven't gotten a CD since 2005. If I listen to music I do it on my ancient ipod (2004 model, still runs lol) or I do it on YouTube at my computer.

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I have cable but hardly use it. I mostly watch things on my computer on streaming networks. I also watch stuff on YouTube.
I actually never bought DVD's or even Blu-rays. I didn't see the point as most things I watch, I only watch once.

I also haven't gotten a CD since 2005. If I listen to music I do it on my ancient ipod (2004 model, still runs lol) or I do it on YouTube at my computer.

I was really trying to remember the last time I bought a dvd or cd & I can't... that's how long it's been.... but I had a HUGE collection of both. I sold about 300 dvds and still have like 100 something left.

Really wish I would have saved that money & had it today... especially on those box sets. I do miss the hobby though & remember the fun of going through the special features & things with friends

lol it's funny thinking back about how futuristic my friends & I thought dvd players were then.

I'm guessing the last DVD I would have bought, would've been a wrestling one but even that was awhile ago.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I was really trying to remember the last time I bought a dvd or cd & I can't... that's how long it's been.... but I had a HUGE collection of both. I sold about 300 dvds and still have like 100 something left.

Really wish I would have saved that money & had it today... especially on those box sets. I do miss the hobby though & remember the fun of going through the special features & things with friends

lol it's funny thinking back about how futuristic my friends & I thought dvd players were then.

I'm guessing the last DVD I would have bought, would've been a wrestling one but even that was awhile ago.

I know a lot of people that liked to buy CDs and DVDs just for a collection and that is cool. I was just never big into movies and I only liked some songs from most CDs so I couldn't justify the cost. My first CD I ever bought was actually Survivor by Destiny's Child of all things. I also had a a small amount of other CDs by No Doubt, Linkin Park, Korn, P.O.D., Green Day, Limp Bizkit to name a few off the top of my head. I had more I just can't remember them.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I know a lot of people that liked to buy CDs and DVDs just for a collection and that is cool. I was just never big into movies and I only liked some songs from most CDs so I couldn't justify the cost. My first CD I ever bought was actually Survivor by Destiny's Child of all things. I also had a a small amount of other CDs by No Doubt, Linkin Park, Korn, P.O.D., Green Day, Limp Bizkit to name a few off the top of my head. I had more I just can't remember them.

lol I bought that CD "Chocolate Starfish & The Hotdog Flavored Water"

Also remember how popular Korn was when they came out in the 90's

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I buy CD's Whenever I go to Barnes & Noble. The last time I bought a DVD was probably 5 Yrs ago, When I was with my Step Dad Over the road in the semi

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Yes, I do still collect DVDs, VHSes, and Blu-Rays. I also collect CDs, 8-Tracks, Cassettes, Books, and Graphic Novels.

My total collection for DVDs is around 400 or 500 hundred, VHSes is around 200, and Blu-Rays is at 75. If you give me a day or so I can have accurate numbers.

Crash

Reaction score
Rarely... I still buy CDs, DVDs or BluRay when I find something that I really want to own.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I need a "DAMN" rating :damn:
I never got to watch tv as a kid that much since my mom and I moved so much, so we rented videos a whole lot, and when I did watch tv at a hotel/motel it was only for wrestling. Plus, I am really into cinema and stuff, I don't know it's hard to explain.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Wow!
I know Kevin has quiet ALOT of dvd's. I'm even surprised. How do u ppl habe enough or FIND the room for that many. I think we have about 150-200.... Maybe less. (Will count to be sure, though, Also)
I have a bunch of shelves in my room and my closet is full of them as well. Also, I get rid of some if I don't like and either sale them or trade at local pawn shops.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Nope, don't really need to anymore with the ease of access the internet gives you these days.

I don't really buy any physical media anymore. All music I get via Spotify, YouTube, Bandcamp or some other method. Any movie I want to watch you can find online very easily. Between Steam and my PS4 I don't buy physical games anymore, all digital. I still buy hardcopies of books sometimes, but that's about it.