Do you see the Hardy's still in WWE next year or at WM?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I would love to see them around this time next year still but I'm not so sure that Vince will since they can't use the Broken stuff & other than that he probably only sees them as a tag team nostalgia act. I was really hoping to see them do some singles stuff & then maybe end their career together in WWE.

Do you still see them around by this time next year or at WM? ...If so in what capacity, singles? I don't see them both having singles matches on the card as it will be packed as it is and the nostalgia stuff gets old quick, not a knock on them, it just always seems to get old quick as it did with the 'new & improved' DX, maybe they face each other?

I'm not sure if I see them around that long, also hope Jeff is able to keep control over his demons.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'd like to see them stick around for a solid few years at least. Even when they're done in ring work, they should still have some sort of role.

Unfortunately I feel like they'll be the same as the Dudley's and probably be gone shortly after a year. Although they atleast put the titles on them right away. Where as the dudleys were there just to put guys over.

Wardi_12

The Artiste
Reaction score
I would love to see them around this time next year still but I'm not so sure that Vince will since they can't use the Broken stuff & other than that he probably only sees them as a tag team nostalgia act. I was really hoping to see them do some singles stuff & then maybe end their career together in WWE.

Do you still see them around by this time next year or at WM? ...If so in what capacity, singles? I don't see them both having singles matches on the card as it will be packed as it is and the nostalgia stuff gets old quick, not a knock on them, it just always seems to get old quick as it did with the 'new & improved' DX, maybe they face each other?

I'm not sure if I see them around that long, also hope Jeff is able to keep control over his demons.
I think WWE are going to try and use the broken gimmick. If so I'd have Bray Wyatt finally get a wm win over Matt while Jeff could face somebody like Finn Balor or they could bring back the ic title ladder match and he'd be a good asset in that match.

Reactions: Gman003

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'd like to see them stick around for a solid few years at least. Even when they're done in ring work, they should still have some sort of role.

Unfortunately I feel like they'll be the same as the Dudley's and probably be gone shortly after a year. Although they atleast put the titles on them right away. Where as the dudleys were there just to put guys over.

That's kind of what I was thinking.... which sucks

I'm hoping they use this run right & look at it as a final chance with WWE.

Hopefully they have a nice tag run with some cool matches... maybe even innovate some new matches, which may be hard in that company. Also TLC is coming up so they should be the focus of that show IMO since they built it. Then after the tag team run I hope they have a few good singles feuds while still calling each other team mates only to eventually split & finish up their careers facing each other at a WM or something.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
That's kind of what I was thinking.... which sucks

I'm hoping they use this run right & look at it as a final chance with WWE.

Hopefully they have a nice tag run with some cool matches... maybe even innovate some new matches, which may be hard in that company. Also TLC is coming up so they should be the focus of that show IMO since they built it. Then after the tag team run I hope they have a few good singles feuds while still calling each other team mates only to eventually split & finish up their careers facing each other at a WM or something.

I wouldn't ask for anything more. That tlc idea is great as well... let's hope wwe is on the same page. And a singles run would be nice, maybe have another Matt follower lmao, and the eventual WM match to finish off would be perfect.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yeah, I hope they stick around for a few years.

Their run has been good thus far, they returned at Mania and won the titles right off the bat and they still feel like a big deal, which is great.

Doubt WWE would allow them to use the broken gimmick, though and seeing as how they've got legal issues with Impact, I don't really see them using it in WWE.

However, if they start feeling stale in their face run, there's always a possibility of turning heel.

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
People keep forgetting that Jeff used to be one of the biggest merch machines in WWE during the late 2000's, talk of him coming back to WWE has been going on for years while talk of Matt coming back only really started last year. By Summer, the Anthem lawsuit will likely be in Matt's favor and the Broken storyline will start playing out on WWE TV soon enough. So long as he has creative control on the character, I predict the Broken character will be even more popular on WWE than ever. Now that memes are so entrenched into our culture, and the Broken gimmick is an absolute meme fountain of phrases and mannerisms, it'll get a big popularity boost for the general audience.

Jeff on the other hand is a wild card, I say that because wherever he ends up as a singles performer, he'll most likely give WWE a lot of money due to his insane popularity. One thing I know is that whatever personal problems Jeff had during his last few years at WWE are gone completely, he has a wife and kid now so I believe that he has an all new set of responsibilities he didn't have when last left WWE.
The Dudley's have only ever been popular as a tag team, Bully Ray notwithstanding and that was a TNA gimmick. Both Hardys have had a successful singles careers in and out of WWE and if things go smoothly for them, they'll sticking around for a long time.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
maybe have another Matt follower lmao

hahaha Tyler Breeze

I wouldn't ask for anything more. That tlc idea is great

Sadly, other than Revival there isn't many good teams on RAW to make the match as legendary as it once was. Hardys Vs New Day Vs Shining Stars Vs Enzo & Cas lol

Might have The Club in there... hard to say how long Cesaro & Sheamus will be together. American Alpha would've been a good fit for that match. Would have also been cool to see Matt & Jeff do something with The Uso's, another legit brother team like they use to face.

Who knows, maybe they will have teams from both brands in one match, although I'm not sure how that would work, maybe whoever wins goes to RAW.

Be REALLY great if they brought the Authors Of Pain in for TLC for some good destruction in the match. They could have them show up on RAW or a ppv & demolish the Hardyz... then bring back John Morrison to RAW since Miz is there.

Wish we could see something like - Hardyz Vs Miz & Morrison Vs AOP VS Revival

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
@WholeFN'Moe lmfao Tyler breeze would be perfect. He even kinda resembles shannon moore. Yeah I guess you're right about the tag teams as well.

Hardys vs usos would be amazing

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I hope so...Broken or not...

I also think Matt & Jeff should stick around after they finish their in-ring careers and
pass on their knowledge and skills to the next generation of NXT/WWE performers.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
@WholeFN'Moe
Hardys vs usos would be amazing

Apparently The Shining Stars have changed their gimmick to "The Colons" again....

I'm not sure why that would happen unless Carlito is coming back as they already have been stale as The Colons for years even though none of those guys should have been booked so crappy, the sons of Carlos Colon ffs.

Would like to see Carlito in the ring at some point, guy is in the best shape of his life right now