Do you hold grudges?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Title.

I think it depends for me, but majority of the time I tend to let things go. I feel like holding a grudge takes a lot of energy to continue to dislike someone for months or maybe even years. Like there's some people back in my school days that gave me a bit of shit but if I saw them now I'd just be chill and probably not even bring it up.

Back then I couldn't stand them but it's been like over a decade.

Of course there is obviously some things which are very hard to forgive but I'm talking like general sense. I might be angry at that person for a day or two for most things and then I'll forget all about it. Especially if they apologise and we make peace about it, I appreciate people coming out and saying "Hey look, I fucked up."

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Nah. I'm sure there's some shit that could be done to me that'd I'd deem unforgivable lol but even then I'd try my best to at least forget if not forgive. Why the fuck would I want to think about someone I dislike?

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Nah. I'm sure there's some shit that could be done to me that'd I'd deem unforgivable lol but even then I'd try my best to at least forget if not forgive. Why the fuck would I want to think about someone I dislike?

I spent a lot of my teenage years constantly thinking about people I disliked. It ruined my whole mood. Definitely one of my biggest mistakes growing up.

Overthinking is like my worst enemy, but I'm glad to be a lot more laid back and chill these days. I'm not even sure I could have the energy to hold grudges anymore.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I spent a lot of my teenage years constantly thinking about people I disliked. It ruined my whole mood. Definitely one of my biggest mistakes growing up.

Overthinking is like my worst enemy, but I'm glad to be a lot more laid back and chill these days. I'm not even sure I could have the energy to hold grudges anymore.

My trick is distracting myself with with many things that I can only afford to think about the now :kobe3

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Probably my biggest flaw with laziness. I am extremely resentful. I am still mad at people who wronged me in middle school.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Grudges require caring, I don't give any fucks on who hates me.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Probably my biggest flaw with laziness. I am extremely resentful. I am still mad at people who wronged me in middle school.

Have you seen any of those people since? I've had a couple of interactions with people as an adult that I wasn't too keen on earlier in my life, and it went okay but I could definitely still feel a bit of unease and awkwardness.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Anytime I see someone that was a dick to me in school they act like we're old friends or some shit it seems lol and they seem mostly genuine too other than some that still feel two faced so I assume they just grew up and learned what really matters In life

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
It always depends on the reason why I was upset with them to begin with, and also their behaviour. For example, if someone was a dick to me in the past, and continue to do things that were similar to the past, then I stay away and move away. If the behaviour has changed, then it is more likely I'd squash those feelings.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
TBH the only person I still hold a grudge against was the woman that ran me over. Fuck her, I hope she burns in hell. She could have killed me so I have no qualms about saying that.

Apart from her, nah.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
TBH the only person I still hold a grudge against was the woman that ran me over. Fuck her, I hope she burns in hell. She could have killed me so I have no qualms about saying that.

Apart from her, nah.

Ya, I would say that is pretty understanable :lol

I'm glad you healed up but that could have been a lot more serious and it's scary to think about.

• Love
Reactions: Mox Girl

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
It always depends on the reason why I was upset with them to begin with, and also their behaviour. For example, if someone was a dick to me in the past, and continue to do things that were similar to the past, then I stay away and move away. If the behaviour has changed, then it is more likely I'd squash those feelings.

There is some people I have on Facebook that haven't changed at all since they were a teenager, and it's a shame. At least by the things they post on there.

Not everybody matures with age, sadly.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Ya, I would say that is pretty understanable :lol

I'm glad you healed up but that could have been a lot more serious and it's scary to think about.
Yah, if I was one inch further over on the road, I'd prob be dead right now. I'm extremely lucky. But the way it's went, she basically got away with it cos she didn't even go to prison. They took away her license, but it was suspended already when she hit me, so that makes no difference. It's infuriating :hhh6:

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
There is some people I have on Facebook that haven't changed at all since they were a teenager, and it's a shame. At least by the things they post on there.

Not everybody matures with age, sadly.

High School, middle school, whatever. It is hard. Like I have fucked up on things in the past, but I at least try to learn and grow. I've been mad at people for a few months then it is let go, or it takes longer and it just needs time. Sometimes, maybe never.

Even applies to online where I have had people troll me and flame me over the years. Then years passed, I barely think of them. Then I end up crossing paths online with them again, and I see it continue. Then If I ignore, it still continues, if I don't, I get called out for reacting like I'm the one at fault for getting pissed off at something designed to antagonize.

Yah, if I was one inch further over on the road, I'd prob be dead right now. I'm extremely lucky. But the way it's went, she basically got away with it cos she didn't even go to prison. They took away her license, but it was suspended already when she hit me, so that makes no difference. It's infuriating :hhh6:

If only I wasn't just a law student and a practising lawyer in your region.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Life is precious and shouldn’t be wasted thinking or talking about someone or holding a grudge.

Status
Not open for further replies.