Do you find the WWE interesting anymore?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do you find the WWE interesting anymore?

• Of course, they're doing great! :D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They're doing okay, some things need to change though.

• I hate the way they're putting up their shows. They need a COMPLETE TRANSFORMATION. :D

• I don't care. They can fuck themselves.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Lets see what you guys think. Answer the poll and post your thoughts on the current crappy programming that they're putting up for you to watch. Do you guys find the WWE really interesting or are you just hooked up with it since the late 90's/ early 00's?

Will the WWE change direction anytime soon? Do you want them to change 'direction'?

By 'direction' I don't mean the PG rating and stuff. Because in my opinion, the PG rating has nothing to do with the 'crappy' programming that is being put up. I mean the storylines and such, they're just so damn repetitive, when are we going to see something fresh and original again?

Reaction score
Yeah, I find it interesting, otherwise I wouldn't bother to tune in. I can understand that some people may watch because they always have, but an example of not doing this for me is The Simpsons. I loved The Simpsons when I was growing up, but now I barely watch it, and when I do it's the old episodes, because the new ones are pure crap. So yeah, I still watch it because I still find it entertaining.

OrtonMark54

Reaction score
Lets see what you guys think. Answer the poll and post your thoughts on the current crappy programming that they're putting up for you to watch. Do you guys find the WWE really interesting or are you just hooked up with it since the late 90's/ early 00's?

Will the WWE change direction anytime soon? Do you want them to change 'direction'?

By 'direction' I don't mean the PG rating and stuff. Because in my opinion, the PG rating has nothing to do with the 'crappy' programming that is being put up. I mean the storylines and such, they're just so damn repetitive, when are we going to see something fresh and original again?

Everything in professional wrestling is borrowed from something in the past. Do you think Ric Flairs gimmick was original? The only real original character in the last 50 years was Austin.

There is only so much much you can do without history starting to repeat itself.

From the tone of your post, it seems like you are one of the people longing for the attitude era. A return to attitude era programming would not be fresh, nor would it be good for business.

That being said, there are some relatively "fresh" things happening right now on Raw. We have a group of rookies hijacking shows. We once again have a badass tweener. Plus the in ring product is pretty damn good right now in my opinion.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Well, there are a lot of things I find to be pure garbage on Raw and in a lot of ways things are worse now than they've ever been. The WWE has some truly terrible writers handling their shows. And Vince and co. hate wrestling so it's likely they'll have hollywood rejects in charge forever. That being said, there are some talented people in the company. I watch because of a combo of many things, but i'd be lying if I said it wasn't interesting to watch recently. The wrestlers are doing as good a job as they can to make things work. The entire company needs a structural charge to appeal to me and that won't happen anytime soon. So interesting yes, but it's hardly quality television.

The RKO Disciple

Reaction score
interesting subject; because my favorite (sting) is in the total nonstop action (which these days is totally no action) i have really gotten into the character of sheamus since being brought he he has clearly been a favorite. More about the thread itself, it's not exactly 'interesting' as much as people would like but the tough times prove that course. Sooner or later the 'bright future' will present itself as it did in the 90s when edge and Christian became household names. AS far as entertaining its comedy, its stupid sometimes but you just get with what floats and the boat won't sink.

CMS

Reaction score
You see,this is one of the scenarios I was talking about on that other thread, were people would justify their opinion with the littlest of things trying to validate it. Repetitive? Really? Yeah, we have a guy with his father's gimmick, sure I am sure most of us where even alive when Ted DiBiase Sr. was kicking it strong. And yeah, an Invasion angle, you know an angle which the closest to we have gotten was way way back in 2001 and fans all the net, even on this site, have cried to seen it revisited and in a way redone to mend for the errors in the original booking.

Am I missing something? Oh yeah, how about everyone's favorite: same people main eventing, because I am sure we have all seen so many times for so many years Swagger and Sheamus in respective PPV main events.

Seriously, like I have said before, just say you don't like the product and go from there.

Reaction score
they are doing alright. i see 2010 for WWE as the year of developing new Big Stars and stars that have been there for a while and have had some potential. I.e. Sheamus, Swagger, Drew Mcintyre, Christian, Evan Bourne, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, CM Punk, Wade Barrett, Ted Dibiase, Cody Rhodes, Hart Dynasty, The Miz and John Morrison. WWE is at the stage where some of the Top wrestlers are probably in there last years. I.E. Undertaker, Kane, Edge, Y2J, Rey Mysterio, just to name a few. Right now would be able to showcase the promising future talent and it makes WWE very interesting. They are looking towards the future, while TNA is going the other way around.

Reaction score
I find it hard to even watch the WWE shows anymore. More often than not I just take five minutes to read the synopsis of what happened in case anything actually interesting happened.

Reading things like "The Santino Bunch" makes me feel like I'm not missing out on much.

Reaction score
From the tone of your post, it seems like you are one of the people longing for the attitude era. A return to attitude era programming would not be fresh, nor would it be good for business.

Not really. I'm not a big fan of the 'BRING BACK THE ATTITUDE ERA!!!' movement. I just want to watch something that is interesting, fresh and unpredictable. WWE was great back in 2002-06 as well. There were great 'unpredictable' storylines back then.

That being said, there are some relatively "fresh" things happening right now on Raw. We have a group of rookies hijacking shows. We once again have a badass tweener. Plus the in ring product is pretty damn good right now in my opinion.

Oh come on. That's all recycled stuff aside from the NXT invasion which is kinda fresh but that's just about it.

Repetitive? Really? Yeah, we have a guy with his father's gimmick, sure I am sure most of us where even alive when Ted DiBiase Sr. was kicking it strong. And yeah, an Invasion angle, you know an angle which the closest to we have gotten was way way back in 2001 and fans all the net, even on this site, have cried to seen it revisited and in a way redone to mend for the errors in the original booking.

Am I missing something? Oh yeah, how about everyone's favorite: same people main eventing, because I am sure we have all seen so many times for so many years Swagger and Sheamus in respective PPV main events.

Seriously, like I have said before, just say you don't like the product and go from there.

Look. I don't hate the product, I hate the 'direction' in which they're going. Sure we have new main eventers and a few freshly recycled storylines such as the NXT invasion but like I said, that's just about it. There aren't quality storylines and gimmicks anymore, seems as if everything has already been done.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
It still interests me, the whole Nexus thing is new and interesting and I'm actually enjoying what Kane has been doing lately.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Yeah, I find it interesting, otherwise I wouldn't bother to tune in. I can understand that some people may watch because they always have, but an example of not doing this for me is The Simpsons. I loved The Simpsons when I was growing up, but now I barely watch it, and when I do it's the old episodes, because the new ones are pure crap. So yeah, I still watch it because I still find it entertaining.

Family Guy totally blew Simpsons out of the water.

Anyways, I do find WWE interesting. Last Friday, I watched one of the best booked SmackDown!s I have in a really long time. Even RAW has cut out most of the BS and we are seeing more wrestling. And not just more wrestling, more new faces in the latter part of the show. We're gradually pushing new talent into the main event scene and prime example of that on RAW is Evan Bourne (that spot with Orton was sooooooo sick last night OMG). This guy went from Sheamus jobber to beat Chris Jericho squeaky clean 2 times in a row. The fucking MIZ. He's never looked so great ever. He's slowly moving away from just the annoying little cocky promos to actually gaining some good heat. He owned Mark Henry last night and took R-Truth out. One day, I want him to drop the US title and move on from it but he has really stepped up his game. On SmackDown!, Jack Swagger has become a beast. What better way to generate heat than to take out the WHC (who happens to be one of the most over in company) and the World's Largest Athlete.

noumenon

Reaction score
Terrible...simply put.

However they're really at a weird place because there are some of my favorite young talents possibly ever in the company right now... Sheamus, Miz, and others and it's just such an absolutely terrible time for them to be making a name for themselves.