Do you feel that Cruiserweights never have and never will get the respect and credit they deserve...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
in the American Pro Wrestling industry(mostly WWE)?

While Cruiserweights or most "smaller" wrestlers are already respected as talented and skilled wrestlers in most other countries like Japan, Mexico, and even Canada sometimes, it seems to be only in the US(well, mostly the WWE) where Cruiserweights are treated as jokes(with poor booking and lack of decent story angles for them) and the type of wrestlers who you can miss out on them in the middle of restroom breaks. In short words, Cruiserweights are often just seen as just a bunch of boring, generic "vanilla midgets" by the WWE and most wrestling audiences in the US.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
In the Ruthless Aggression they were appreciated like that special treat or dessert you will have after dinner.

Because most of the main card were muscular well rounded or power House guys. And the cruiserweight w style wasn't in the Main Event scene yet with Mysterio as the exception.

Reason why they are not interested in it now because the traits of that style has made it's way into the main event scene with guys like Rollins, Nakamura, Hardy, Styles, Balor

Not saying that's all they do, but they do it quite well and much in there matches.

Nowadays a quite of handful full of wrestlers styles now originate from guys like Jimmy Snuka, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Great Muta, etc.

So it's because they see those traits of that style more in the main event scene now. That's why they feel the cruiserweight title is unnecessary.

It's not like they are disrespecting it, they feel the division is unnecessary now

Last edited:

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
The old school mentality is true with the cruiserweights in regards to they do their high spots much too often and it takes away from their overall recognition in the ring. When people watching see the cruiserweights do all their insane moves every week, they become numb to their talent and want to see stuff that is more crazy and sets the bar higher.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I think the problem is the "separation" of weight classes to begin with.

They should just let the "cruiserweights" wrestle against the "larger" guys
& whoever they want. I mean a "clash of styles" is fairly entertaining most
of the time.

I always wanted to see a 205 Live/Cruiserweight "Invasion" of RAW & SDL...
and possibly even a pay per view focused around that idea...especially when
Neville was the Champion.

Neville vs. A.J could have been a main event caliber match.

I also had this weird idea of the entire division targeting Strowman...like 5 or
6 of them would run in during a Strowman match & just keep hitting him with
top rope attacks over & over again until they actually bought him down...like
a group of men cutting down a tree.

Why am I even typing this?

Where are my meds?

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Crusierweights are sometimes in the main event scene. Rey Mysterio, Finn Balor and more. Though of course they still get knocked down for bigger guys at times, it's going to happen. I do wish to see 205 Live pick up more people though since it's the only show of WWE I have the need to keep up with.