Do you ever go out on your own?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Was discussing this with some friends the other night. It seems like none of them really ever deliberately go out and do things on their own.

By things on their own I mean things like going out to dinner (not at a fast food restaurant) or to a movie or anything like that.

I used to be like that until not that long ago. I wanted to go see the Hobbit but everybody I knew had already seen it and didn't want to see it again or had no interest in the first place.

Originally I was just going to wait for it to come out on DVD but then I decided "fuck it" and went to the theater on my own. And you know what? It was pretty fucking awesome.

I love my friends but there were no side comments whispered in my ear. No motherfuckers reaching into my popcorn or for a sip of my drink after they powered down theirs in the first hour of the movie.

It was tremendous. One of the best movie going experiences of my life. I decided that from then on there were just certain movies that were better to see on my own as opposed to a group.

Tried going out for dinner on my own too. There are certain restaurants I obviously won't be going to on my own. But ever since my lady friend went away for a few months I've been going to our favourite sushi restaurant once a week, bringing a book and enjoying a meal.

You know what? It's so peaceful. I can sit, read, mind my own business and have food and drink brought to me like the lazy prick that I am.

So, the purpose of this thread is two fold.

1. I'm looking for recommendations of more things to go do on my own that is usually done in a group.

2. To encourage people to go try it. It seriously is a wonderful experience to get away from people and do things that you wouldn't do on your own.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I have friends, so no.

But I get the jist, I do like down time a lot too, just not in public situations.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Was discussing this with some friends the other night. It seems like none of them really ever deliberately go out and do things on their own.

By things on their own I mean things like going out to dinner (not at a fast food restaurant) or to a movie or anything like that.

I used to be like that until not that long ago. I wanted to go see the Hobbit but everybody I knew had already seen it and didn't want to see it again or had no interest in the first place.

Originally I was just going to wait for it to come out on DVD but then I decided "fuck it" and went to the theater on my own. And you know what? It was pretty fucking awesome.

I love my friends but there were no side comments whispered in my ear. No motherfuckers reaching into my popcorn or for a sip of my drink after they powered down theirs in the first hour of the movie.

It was tremendous. One of the best movie going experiences of my life. I decided that from then on there were just certain movies that were better to see on my own as opposed to a group.

Tried going out for dinner on my own too. There are certain restaurants I obviously won't be going to on my own. But ever since my lady friend went away for a few months I've been going to our favourite sushi restaurant once a week, bringing a book and enjoying a meal.

You know what? It's so peaceful. I can sit, read, mind my own business and have food and drink brought to me like the lazy prick that I am.

So, the purpose of this thread is two fold.

1. I'm looking for recommendations of more things to go do on my own that is usually done in a group.

2. To encourage people to go try it. It seriously is a wonderful experience to get away from people and do things that you wouldn't do on your own.

What about a circle jerk/hug lol. J/k. What about going to a concert. I'm not a big concert guy myself but I got imagine if you go with a friend you got the same issue as you do when going to the movies. The talking side comments etc. you could also goto a wrestling event too. I am not the type of person to do this type of thing. My only dinning on my own has been food courts and fast food and usually on lunch breaks from work. I did almost go see dark knight rises on my own but at the last minute my friend brook wanted to see it. She hadn't seen it either. And I was going to wrestling once on my own but at the last minute my wife agreed to go and has gone with me to every wrestling show since.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Just go to wrestler signings or conventions, sure looks like everyone there goes alone.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Going to movies alone is ideal, in my opinion. It's the best way to enjoy the movie. Go to a theater on a wednesday afternoon and you get privacy and your choice of a seat. I've been going to movies alone for years. Nothing wrong with it.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It really just depends on the person more than the event. If you're the type of person who prefers to keep to themselves and is easily annoyed with constant companionship, I would imagine anything would be enjoyable alone. Frankly if I'm at places alone where most other people are in groups, it's a pretty shitty experience. Every little thing I do when I go out is an "event" for me unless I'm just taking a long walk around downtown listening to music, which I do for fun/exercise sometimes. But mostly every other "event" is more enjoyable with someone else imo. It's actually harder for me to get off my lazy ass and go out in the first place unless it'll be worth my while. Anything I'd enjoy alone in public I can enjoy more at home since I can drink/smoke and do whatever at my leisure as opposed to public places.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I'm pretty much a loner, even though I do have friends, I prefer doing things alone, just being left alone as a matter of fact. Loner wouldn't be an appropriate term to describe my predicament I suppose, as that carries negative connotations, solitude is the word I prefer for it. Loneliness implies that I don't like being alone while solitude helps me in "discovering myself" and growing more quickly than other people. I generally don't like external influences to direct my train of thought.

I'm reminded of this William Hazlitt quote when it comes to this subject. The true beauty of a journey, it's essence is adulterated when multiple eyes are viewing it, true beauty is only in the eyes of the beholder. (Something to that end.) I just read that in one of his works a few months ago, I forget which one.

Anything I'd enjoy alone in public I can enjoy more at home since I can drink/smoke and do whatever at my leisure as opposed to public places.

You smoke inside your home? Not to sound judgmental, but ugh. :side:

And on the isolation bit, is it just me or does anyone else find that their creativity is at a generally higher level when they are isolated? Actually...as a matter of fact I even feel a higher level of energy when I'm alone, but I'm guessing that this is partially due to my introversion than anything else.

Last edited:

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I've taken to going to movies alone lately. When you don't have to keep your company in the back of your mind it's a lot easier to zone out and concentrate on what's going on.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

And what is wrong with that? Can't smoke anywhere outside these days without some jackoff staring at you like you fingered his daughter.

And the only time I went to amovie by myself, was to kill a few hours and wait for a bus while majorly hungover and pass out watching some Final Fantasy movie, that was along time ago.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I tend to go to a lot of movies alone, but sometimes go with a friend or two. For whatever reason I tend to only have two, maybe three friends who I could go with at a time, but I am looking to expand since going to UNI.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
No, not at all. I tried going to the cinema alone once but it just didn't feel right.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I go to movies on my own and I am another that enjoys it. I can't stand it when people talk in movies so it is nice to just sit there and watch the movie and take it all in by yourself. The only strange thing is after the movie if you want to talk to someone about it you can't. If I want to see something and no-one is free it doesn't bother me to go on my own. It is also nice because it can be a spur of the moment thing where you just have a few hours to kill and you don't need to plan anything you can just head straight there and do it.

Eating out on your own is a whole different experience. Done it a couple of times here, for lunch though not dinner, and it is odd sitting in a restaurant on your own. Definitely need a book otherwise there is just too much dead time. When I was overseas on holiday I did it a lot and I have to admit that service over there was so much better. The waiters actually paid more attention to me since it was just me dining alone and quite a few places gave me newspapers and magazines to read during courses. The first time it is a bit odd but again if I want to head out and eat a meal or go see a movie I am not going to put it off just because I can't find someone else that wants to go as well.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
What about a circle jerk/hug lol. J/k. What about going to a concert. I'm not a big concert guy myself but I got imagine if you go with a friend you got the same issue as you do when going to the movies. The talking side comments etc. you could also goto a wrestling event too. I am not the type of person to do this type of thing. My only dinning on my own has been food courts and fast food and usually on lunch breaks from work. I did almost go see dark knight rises on my own but at the last minute my friend brook wanted to see it. She hadn't seen it either. And I was going to wrestling once on my own but at the last minute my wife agreed to go and has gone with me to every wrestling show since.

That's no fun. Have you ever played soggy biscuit by yourself? My God that's depressing. And you lose every single time.

Just go to wrestler signings or conventions, sure looks like everyone there goes alone.

I have never actually been to one of these. Actually I haven't been to a wrestling event at all since 1997 because I always refused to go by myself. Now though, sign me up.

And on the isolation bit, is it just me or does anyone else find that their creativity is at a generally higher level when they are isolated? Actually...as a matter of fact I even feel a higher level of energy when I'm alone, but I'm guessing that this is partially due to my introversion than anything else.

When it is -35 outside you'll be smoking inside too. I smoke a lot outside when it's nice enough out to sit for a while but when it's so cold I hear my frozen testicles clacking together then fuck that, I'm smoking inside.

And what is wrong with that? Can't smoke anywhere outside these days without some jackoff staring at you like you fingered his daughter.

I feel that.

I don't know where you are but here in Ottawa it is now illegal to even smoke on any outdoor patio. I didn't mind when they told me I couldn't smoke inside bars and restaurants any more because I get that nobody wants to be cooped up with my smoke but outside? Fuck you fascists.

Eating out on your own is a whole different experience. Done it a couple of times here, for lunch though not dinner, and it is odd sitting in a restaurant on your own. Definitely need a book otherwise there is just too much dead time. When I was overseas on holiday I did it a lot and I have to admit that service over there was so much better. The waiters actually paid more attention to me since it was just me dining alone and quite a few places gave me newspapers and magazines to read during courses. The first time it is a bit odd but again if I want to head out and eat a meal or go see a movie I am not going to put it off just because I can't find someone else that wants to go as well.

On the eating out alone part, I agree that it is odd at first but you do get used to it. There are still restaurants though that I won't eat by myself at. Like I'm not going to go somewhere that is particularly romantic, or does a different type of food. Like, I'm not going to eat Tapas by myself. That's for sharing. Usually I stick to quiet, more easy going places when I'm dining alone.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
monkeystyle said:
When it is -35 outside you'll be smoking inside too. I smoke a lot outside when it's nice enough out to sit for a while but when it's so cold I hear my frozen testicles clacking together then fuck that, I'm smoking inside.

Oh. Right.

I used to smoke but quit exactly one and a half years ago now...I think, I keep forgetting that the majority of the forum's members are from far up north, Canada, England etc, and not the tropics. My bad.

The weather in my country is more like Miami, so there's no need to smoke. The irony is Miami's flag looks exactly like my country's. :side:

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Oh. Right.

I used to smoke but quit exactly one and a half years ago now...I think, I keep forgetting that the majority of the forum's members are from far up north, Canada, England etc, and not the tropics. My bad.

The weather in my country is more like Miami, so there's no need to smoke. The irony is Miami's flag looks exactly like my country's. :side:

I really need to quit. I pay almost $13 for a pack of smokes these days and I'm going through almost a pack a day on a slow day at work.

Also, it gets pretty friggin' hot here too sometimes. It can get up into the mid 40's with the humidity in summer and I go back inside then too because I am a greasy, sweaty Italian who can't handle the heat.