Dixie Carter Speaks On TNA vs. WWE, Hulk Hogan, & Lots More

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
TNA President Dixie Carter did an interview with British paper The Sun which is available now on their website. Some highlights:

On Hogan being more than on-air talent: "Absolutely. He is a great on-air talent, but his biggest contribution to TNA will come from him partnering with me. I can't imagine a door that the two of us could not open or a deal that the two of us could not close."

On what she would consider a success: "How I define success is just being there. Just the fact that we are there on Monday night is a huge success for us. It makes the exact statement that we want to make. This is a marathon not a sprint. The ratings, quite honestly, are irrelevant. Our success is being there and the quality of the show we put on. That's how I'll assess it as far as that specific night goes. But the real winner on Monday January 4 is the wrestling fans, because this truly is the classic David and Goliath set-up. We have Goliath bringing out the biggest guns that they could possibly bring.. And we're trying to put our best foot forward."

On WWE calling themselves "entertainment": "Well we are a WRESTLING company. We have WRESTLERS telling stories through WRESTLING moves and storylines. How can you say you're not a wrestling company? It's time for us to stand up and be proud of that. Because if we're not proud of it, how can we make the fans proud to say that they're wrestling fans?"

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

I like how she is defining success, but more than that, I want to focus on the 1st paragraph. It was said in another thread about TNA having limited money to deal with deals and what not. I think not. Dixie Carter might I add is the daughter of a very wealthy and billion $$$ corporation in Panda Energy that actually has profits in the millions and billion $$$ range. If she wanted to tap into that pool, plus the pockets of Hogan plus that of the sponsors Hogan and her fathers company can bring, trust me, TNA is not by far hurting for cash at all. Do the research on Panda Energy and the Carter Family that runs it. Also I like how Dixie is having a long term vision here and not focusing on ratings versus as she put it the mere opportunity of being on Monday night instead.

Reaction score
Hogan's pockets are flat brah. Divorces and lawsuits aren't cheap, there's a HUUGGGEEE reason the biggest name in wrestling is still working @ 60 while Austin and Rock aren't. He's got small pockets.

Yah, Panda has money. The Carter family has money. So? How much is Dixie's? How much are they willing to invest in a wrestling company that doesn't turn profit? You are aware that Spike foots the note on all the top salaries, right?

There's another HUUGEEE reason TNA doesn't hit the road, besides the lack of fanbae. It's expensive and Spike isn't willing to foot the bill on that. They're only concerned with T.V product. And Dixie, or whomever is advising her and the money is doing the right thing to prevent huge losses. They plain can't afford it. Can't afford the loss. Can't afford top talent.

Not trying to burst your bubble Enigma, but TNA's pockets are indeed restricted. The main people behind Dixie's money are Energy people, they know how to make money there, they don't know how to make money in wrestling, that's proven, but they also know how to keep from losing lots of it too. That's a good thing. But if they can get something ignited than maybe things will loosen the tight pockets, TNA can tour extensively and expand their product. Then they will have the ammo they need to have a true "War".

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
Nah bro, I agree with you there totally. You are right, it is mostly her family that has the big deep pockets and everything you said. I was just saying that if she did tap into the family pockets, I am sure as she has before they will support her as from what I understand they have before. Flair has even gone on record asking that if he comes aboard, he wants to have a contract through Panda in case TNA does not for whatever reason makes it. Seems to me like even Flair knows where the money is and the financial security is as well. It's hard to disagree with you anyways because you tend to give very popular (lol) and also very analytical assessments on what you answer and how.

The Rated R CMStar

On WWE calling themselves "entertainment": "Well we are a WRESTLING company. We have WRESTLERS telling stories through WRESTLING moves and storylines. How can you say you're not a wrestling company? It's time for us to stand up and be proud of that. Because if we're not proud of it, how can we make the fans proud to say that they're wrestling fans?

Keep riding that high horse Dixie.

On what she would consider a success: "How I define success is just being there. Just the fact that we are there on Monday night is a huge success for us. It makes the exact statement that we want to make

So, going by that logic, ROH has been a winner for a long time now.