Diva makes her return and switches brands, Rumble Qualifying matches

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

vickymania

Reaction score

• [*]At tonight's WWE Raw house show in White Plains, NY, John Bradshaw Layfield returned to the ring and defeated DH Smith after Smith was being interviewed by former WWE Intercontinental Champion Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat. Obviously, they want to make sure JBL has pleanty of in-ring time before the Royal Rumble since the current plan is for the former WWE Champion to take on "Y2J" Chris Jericho.
    [*]Also at the event, HHH did a very classy thing when, at the end of his match with Mr. Kennedy, he wanted to pay tribute to the late great Arnold Skaaland, who had promoted in the arena for many years. Skaaland's wife Betty was in the crowd and was acknowledged by "The Game".

• [*]WWE Diva Ashley Masarro finally made her return to the company tonight during a Raw house show in White Plains, NY. Masarro, who has been out for several months to be part of the latest edition of the reality show Survivor, spoke with the crowd but did not compete.

It is interesting that she made her return to a Raw house show when she is still technically part of the Smackdown brand. However, word going around backstage is that when Ashley finally does return on WWE TV, she will be part of the Raw brand instead.
    [*]Also on that Raw house show, Snitsky managed to qualify for the Royal Rumble by defeating Drew McIntyre. The plan is to not only have qualifying matches on WWE TV but on the house shows as well, which I feel is a nice touch and a great way to let the fans who attend the shows feel like they are seeing something important.
Credit : PwInsider.Com

comments people

The Rated R CMStar

The Royal Rumble matches make sense if they are going to determine all 30 participants like that, if not, it's pointless. I wonder if they will also make interpromotional RR qualifying matches

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
I agree with giving JBL ring time at house shows. I am just waiting for him to squash someone on Raw before a Jericho run in causing a match at the rumble.

I love the idea of having qulyfying matches at house shows because unless people only visit WWE.com then they will not know who qualifyies

vickymania

Reaction score
the idea of having inter promotional RR qualifying matches is good but i think it will only happen between SD and ECW wrestler's,IMO..at least its now known that Snitsky will be in the RR,no doubt he'll make a very quick exit as well..lol

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Wow this is already shaping up to be the best RR ever. But with interpromotional Smackdown/ECW matches wouldn't they have them anyway with the talent exchange

vickymania

Reaction score
i wonder what HHH will do at RR..Vinnie Mac already told that if he lost his match against Flair at new year's eve RAW,he wont be part of RR..

JHar888

Reaction score
The Royal Rumble looks monsterous, and woohoo I prefer Ashley on RAW instead of SD!. No diva needs to bee on the B-brand when they don't even have a Women's title IMO.

Off topic, but here's a Royal Rumble question - Will there be 10 guys from RAW, 10 guys from SD!, and 10 guys from ECW, or what? I think it'd be better doing 10 on each brand, but W/E.

Soulpower

YEAH! Finally, Ashley is back!! Save us Y2J? FUCK THAT! Save us Ashley Massaro >_>

The Rated R CMStar

Why do we need 10 wrestlers from ECW? In fact, the question is, do they have more than 10 active wrestlers? Probably Colin Delaney will win a RR spot IMO

The Rated R CMStar

Hardcore Holly defeated Trevor Murdoch at a house show, so now we have Umaga, Snitsky and Hardcore Holly on the Rumble

chessarmy

I think all the Rumble qualifying matches should be on house shows so that the entrances in the Rumble are surprising. Also, they should not reveal the entrance numbers so its even more shocking when a wrestler comes out at number 30 that you may not have expected

vickymania

Reaction score
hmm..already heating up..Holly,Umaga,Snitsky..well..am sure ECW will have atleast 5-7 guys in RR if and only if all the spots r not decided by qualifying matches..i hope boogeyman is in the RR

source: PWInsider.com

-- As noted earlier, Ashley Massaro made her return to WWE at last night's Raw brand house show in White Plains, NY. Ashley spoke to the crowd and told them she missed them while being away and that she was glad to be back. Anyway, it appears Ashley will be managing a new wrestler upon her return. Prospective WWE wrestler and current OVW wrestler Atlas DaBone defeated Charlie Haas after Ashley spoke to the crowd. After the match, the two left ringside together.

i dont want Ashley managering anyone..she needs to be solo..

phantomgerald

She can't wrestle to save her life of course she have to manage someone.