Disturbing trends in design

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PaulDB

Reaction score
This question might seem a little weird because it's about a figure that was released almost twenty years ago, but I want to ask it because I can't figure the answer out on my own .

Lucidique was one of, and the only female action figure of the first series of the Tortured Souls figures by McFarlane Toys. She was created with amazing attention to detail, an intrigued expression on her face that made me wonder what it was that had made her feel that way. She had long, flowing black hair and an outfit that was sexy in a biker chic kind of way. The horns on her head and the were nice, subtle touches, too. One of DDP's yoga class students has a twelve inch figure of her in his house.

However, if one was to lift up Lucidique'd mane of hair, they'd find out that her whole back had been skinned. Someone actually did a sculpture on it for some reason and posted it on deviant art. My question is, why did they include such a vicious detail on an otherwise impressive figure?