Dish Network DROPS FOX!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
This could be disaster for WWE.As it means there are over 12 Million less homes who will have access to Fox and then watching Smackdown. Fox made a statement saying “Dish/Sling is at it again, choosing to drop leading programming as a negotiating tactic regardless of the impact on its own customers,” Fox said in a statement that was provided to Ourand. “Dish/Sling elected to drop Fox networks in an effort to coerce us to agree to outrageous demands. While we regret this is DISH/Sling’s preferred approach to negotiating, we remind our loyal viewers that the Fox services are widely available through every other major television provider.”

“Fox’s actions are profoundly anti-consumer,” Dish said in their own statement. “Fox is raising prices and turning its back on its public obligation to provide channels to consumers for free. It’s clear that Fox cares more about padding its bottom line than serving its viewers. To add insult to injury, Fox pulled its channels right as viewers head into the heart of the NFL and college football season. We ask Fox to stop punishing its own viewers so we can focus on reaching a fair deal."

This is bad news for WWE and could be a huge blow for them, considering they wanted smackdown to now be the A show, there is no telling how badly this will hurt smackdowns debut on FOX next Friday. You can read more below.

Fox dropped from Dish Network & Sling at a bad time for WWE

Last edited:

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Man the way US television works has always been so weird to me

We basically have:
-Our public broadcasters ABC (meant to be local stuff + children's shows + lots of stuff from the UK for some reason) and SBS (basically foreign language network, has the news of many foreign countries on it, airs soccer etc.)
-3 free-to-air networks (Seven, Nine and Ten - yeah they weren't inventive with the naming, just chose what number their first channel was on on the remote it seems lol)
-And the Murdoch-owned Foxtel which basically owns everything else

The advent of YT and then streaming ruined Murdoch's basic monopoly model over the media here, and quite frankly I hope Foxtel collapses - he and the right-wing commentators he employs to do his political spin have taking advantage of Australia's absurd media laws for far too long

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
This is funny and I can't quite explain why...

P.E. I realized I have Dish Network and yet I am not phased by this as I couldn't care less as it will all be straighten out soon enough

Last edited:

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Weird react for informative

This is just going to drive people to pirate, right?

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Yes, live stream sites will be super busy next Friday.
Shoutout to WYWTV (One i use mainly and if it aint showing the stuff i use the other one) and WatchWrestling ?

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Nothing really to worry about lads

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Ok... just talked to Dish Network rep today and this is a very poorly written story... the contract for FS1 ran out and negotiations are for FS1.. all local Fox affiliates and all other Fox owned channels are still airing... meaning ,since Smackdown will be aired on the local FOX affiliates, that it will 100% be viewable by all Dish Network subscribers. Smackdown reruns or second airings will be on FS1 meaning those won't be seen... but the live airing of Smackdown will be viewable.

• Love
Reactions: bullyballmm

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Just Kevin should become an investigative journalist combating fake news

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Ok... just talked to Dish Network rep today and this is a very poorly written story... the contract for FS1 ran out and negotiations are for FS1.. all local Fox affiliates and all other Fox owned channels are still airing... meaning ,since Smackdown will be aired on the local FOX affiliates, that it will 100% be viewable by all Dish Network subscribers. Smackdown reruns or second airings will be on FS1 meaning those won't be seen... but the live airing of Smackdown will be viewable.
Then why on earth is Fox themselves saying Dish dropped them? and why would WWE be suddenly be telling people to find a new provider since Dish Netowrk dropped Fox? if fox wasnt dropped?

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Then why on earth is Fox themselves saying Dish dropped them? and why would WWE be suddenly be telling people to find a new provider since Dish Netowrk dropped Fox? if fox wasnt dropped?

Because they are in negotiations... FS1 was dropped.. they are "playing hardball". I have been thinking about switching from DirecTV to Dish after the NFL season is over, so I called and told them that this was a very big concern to me and the person on the phone said that FS1 is the only Fox channel completely dropped. I pulled up the article you posted and I read directly from it and told her that it said that affiliate stations were blocked in certain areas... she said that is false... that all Fox affiliates are still airing all throughout the country.. and also let me know that all Fox owned networks other than FS1 are not a part of the negotiations.

I'm just saying what I was told straight from a representative of the Dish company.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Because they are in negotiations... FS1 was dropped.. they are "playing hardball". I have been thinking about switching from DirecTV to Dish after the NFL season is over, so I called and told them that this was a very big concern to me and the person on the phone said that FS1 is the only Fox channel completely dropped. I pulled up the article you posted and I read directly from it and told her that it said that affiliate stations were blocked in certain areas... she said that is false... that all Fox affiliates are still airing all throughout the country.. and also let me know that all Fox owned networks other than FS1 are not a part of the negotiations.

I'm just saying what I was told straight from a representative of the Dish company.
Thats fair, its interesting eithe rway, WWEs panic over it all allmost makes me think in this case they believe Fox was dropped like alot of people were, so if what the rep told you is the actual truth then im curious how this will effect things moving forward.

Honestly i should have posted the article which featured the quotes from both Fox and Dish, there are a few out there.