Dirty Jobs Cancelled

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
That's it for "Dirty Jobs." While filthy, disturbing and dangerous career paths remain part of this world, there will no longer be a Discovery reality show devoted to highlighting them. After 8 seasons of feces, scary animals and reasons to be happy we don't smell television, 'Dirty Jobs' and its host, Mike Rowe, will no longer be on television.

Although there has been no comment from Discovery yet about this cancellation, declining ratings and an excess of reality programming probably have something to do with it. Most of the news of the show's end came from Rowe himself. And he chose to highlight the positives.

In a blog written for the Huffington Post on Wednesday (Nov. 21), Rowe broke the news and then proceeded to thank just about everyone in the universe for his 8 years on the air.

"I'm afraid I cannot dispel the rumors. A few weeks ago, I was officially informed that Dirty Jobs had entered into a new phase. One I like to call, 'permanent hiatus.' Or in the more popular industry vernacular, canceled," Rowe wrote. "It's difficult for me to imagine a future that does not involve exploding toilets, venomous snakes, misadventures in animal husbandry, and feces from every species. Nevertheless, the future is here, and while it does not appear to contain any more Dirty Jobs, it will almost certainly include another Thanksgiving. So in the spirit of the holiday, I'd like to thank those people most responsible for reinvigorating my erstwhile career, and launching the most honest show in the history of reality TV."

The show, produced by Pilgrim Films & Television, ended its production in September.

"I can't say that Dirty Jobs never jumped the shark (since I literally leaped over one in season two), but I'm proud to say it's still the same hatchet," Rowe wrote at the end of his blog. "The last episode looked pretty much like the first. We didn't become something we weren't. We never shared the sewer with Paris Hilton, and we never invited you to 'tune in next week for a very special Dirty Jobs.' We stuck to the mission statement. We stayed small. We worked hard. And we had a hell of a good time. It was as they say, a very good run."

Personally I was never that big on the show, though I must admit Mike Rowe is pretty entertaining. But I love the last paragraph it really rings true and it's a philosophy more people in the industry should adopt.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
It was a cool show. Mike Rowe is a smart guy though, he'll find a similar show on a different channel.

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
Great show. They never deviated from the plan and the show just ran its course. Mike will land on his feet and he still has the gig narrating a few shows.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Never watched the show all that much, but that's just because I hardly watch any TV. I did enjoy what I saw though, good television, but a show like that can only go so long before people start getting tired of it.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Kind of a shame, it definitely put shitty jobs on the map. But like it's been said, he'll land on his feet. He's got the charisma and intelligence to keep on going.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Damn, this is a really good show but I guess it had runs it's course with eight seasons. Mike Rowe is the perfect host for it, he never looks down on the people he works with or their jobs, he actually does the heavy dirty work and he has a really sharp wit. Really enjoyable show so it will be a bit sad to see it go, at least we know that they will re-run it all the time on Discovery.

As for Mike Rowe he won't struggle for work, he already has plenty of other work with Discovery and with other sponsors as well.