Didja ever ask why?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

*Kendrick shuffles through topic*

And if anyone has a problem with that, they can take it up with my man ZEKE!

Lita_Hardy

Reaction score
I think Kendrick is still green and that is why people are annoyed. His singles career ad heel persona is new and he will and is getting better over time. He wont be pushed into the ME but I see him winning the US title in the very near future.

The US title is a useless belt, just like the Intercontinental Belt...the Tag Team belt could be a big belt if they had more competitors. Basically, the only belt that matters is the Big One - the one Trips has, the one Jericho has.

I do believe in the human effort of improvement, so yes, perhaps he will get better, but so far, Zeke seems more likely to be a contender.

C4

I don't see anything bad in him except the gimmick that doesn't go well at times. Don't question his skills, he is one of the most talented highflying guys on the roster.

Lita_Hardy

Reaction score
lol, so the actual character is pissing you off? Isn't that was Kendrick is supposed to do? He's a heel after all. Anyway, I disagree. I think Kendrick is awesome and one of the main reasons why I watch Smackdown! He is a fresh new heel that is at least doing something different. WWE pushes big guys like ezequeil all the time, and nobody cares anymore. At least Kendrick isn't a big roid freak and the guy can actually wrestle. Not to mention he cuts awesome promos

He cuts awesome promos? Uh, ok, you are entitled to your opinion.

If a wrestler wants to do roids, that his business. I don't judge for a wrestler for taking or not taking roids.

Kendrick is not a good heel. It takes a long time to learn how to be an effective heel. A good heel doesn't annoy; you love to hate him, like Edge.

You guys in this thread seem to think ya know who has talent, ok...who here thinks Shelton Benjamin has talent? Cause if you say he doesn't, you are all f*cked when it comes to evaluating talent.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Kendrick is in a tough spot at the moment. He's a good wrestler and all, but there is a problem with his gimmick. You cannot get over a Brian
Pillman-esque character without giving him microphone time. A grin and a swagger won't cut it.

Personally however, I think this is more or less done intentionally as I have little to no faith in Kendrick's ability to actually pull off the character, and I don't think they do either.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
For some odd reason, I'm finding myself a fan of The Kendrick. Not sure if it's the Baron Davis bodyguard, the white gold studded jacket or the awful Caucasian male dancing. But his character is just so new (not really) and refreshing.

LadyHotrod

The way he says them...the way he acts in the ring...he looks like an idiot. He acts like one too.

He acts ARROGANT. There's a difference between that and being an idiot. Kendrick has no talent? Wow lady, what wrestling program do you watch because it's not the same one we're watching.

Educate yourself before you try to rip someone apart. Kendrick has a lot of talent. They're just not letting him use it as much as he should be. I'm not even a fan of Kendrick and I can still see that the kid has talent. You obviously just watch wrestling for the sweaty bodies as opposed to the actual talent.

:rolleyes:

ben.waller

Reaction score
Don't anyone diss THE Brian Kendrick.

He's moulded himself to the WWE style, and started fitting it during 2006, during his near year long WWE Tag Team Championship run alongside Paul London.

If you watch any of his work previously, it's all wrestling based, and no prancy lardy-darr stuff, it's plain wrestling (see ROH, ZERO-1 work). That is what I think he's a good worker for.

Now if you want to be a wrestler/superstar in the WWE, you have to have a look, and that's what everyone judges wrestler upon these days.

Has anybody come to think about his wrestling skill and potential in the future? That's what WWE are doing now, setting him up for a possible big future, and giving him this rock star character, and yes he may prance around like a gay little unicorn (LOL), but that's part of his character now.

At least the prancing isn't as a bad idea as the thought of Edge being sent 'straight to Hell' through the ring... per-lease...

Back to subject:
The question you pose in the thread name...
"Didja ever ask why?"

I change that too:
"Didja ever ask why... Brian Kendrick is so AWESOME?!"

haha
The Kendrick FTW.

It'll take it's time but he WILL succeed.

May I add this man is a former WWE Champion so WATCH IT!

Travis40

Actually, he wasn't the WWE Champion, it never counted as a title reign...I wish it did, The Kendrick is fucking beast.

Great One

Few things... first, Kendrick is awesome in the ring. With that said, he is in an extremely awkward position atm, since Brian Kendrick wasn't ever even CLOSE to the main event... now he's getting title shots =/. It makes little to no sense, but I think they're doing as good a job of they can of getting him over. I personally think he should maybe try to put on a little more weight, so he seems more of a threat.

Also, an annoying heel IS a heel, it's actually a type of a heel and a very effective one (see: Spirit Squad, Miz, etc.).

cmfunk

Reaction score
well he has put on alittle bit of mass as of late, his upper body is alot bigger then it was when he was in a tag team.

When I saw him come out with his new gimmick I was like woah look at that chest he has now..not the biggest improvement but you can tell hes working hard on his new path in the wwe

Airfixx

Well a win's a win, and Kendrick won the belt!

You are wrong.

He didn't win a match... He gained a fall.

No real difference between that and gaining 1 in a 2/3 falls title match but ultimately losing.

I personally think he should maybe try to put on a little more weight, so he seems more of a threat.

Yeah, that'd help me take his threat(*) a little more seriously, but I think it's more a case that Vince need to put him a rack for a few weeks! LOL

(*Nice ot see that someone else appreciates the psychology of size and that it's got nothing to do with simply prefering big guys as VKM does.)

Lita_Hardy

Reaction score
He acts ARROGANT. There's a difference between that and being an idiot. Kendrick has no talent? Wow lady, what wrestling program do you watch because it's not the same one we're watching.

Educate yourself before you try to rip someone apart. Kendrick has a lot of talent. They're just not letting him use it as much as he should be. I'm not even a fan of Kendrick and I can still see that the kid has talent. You obviously just watch wrestling for the sweaty bodies as opposed to the actual talent.

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry but all that gaylord prancing he does just blinds me to any talent he might have. And I may not be watching the same show you are watching; we all see things differently. And BTW, everyone's got a goddamn sweaty body on Smackdown, TBA, or whatever the hell wrestling show you're watching! If I like to look at Batista's ass, what is that to you? Some of the wrestlers I like are candy, and some aren't.