Did you like Michael Jackson when he was alive ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
I did, I was first introduced to MJ through my sister who was a huge Michael Jackson fan when she was a kid and she would always watch his music videos all day. Michael Jackson's Moonwalker is the movie that I saw of him first and the music video for Smooth Criminal was the first one that I vividly remember watching a lot, and it was also a video game on the Sega Genesis. So my earliest memories of him came from that, of course we were confused as to why he looked different in his later years in comparison to his earlier videos (this was sometime after Thriller and he had not yet gone public with the vitiligo or the plastic surgery). As for all of the controversy over the child sex abuse allegations, I was too young to understand it at the time and when I did get old enough, I was already exposed to the older Michael Jackson, so whatever he did later on actually didn't matter to me. But it's a shame his reputation was tarnished for so long until his death. I'm glad I was able to appreciate him while he was here, through his music and the dancing and all of the videos, the sunglasses, fedora hat and the Versace dress shirts with the sparkly gloves etc. He was so cool.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Nope. I didn't know who he was until people around me started crying about him dying. Same goes for David Bowie and like half the celebrities that died in 2017.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Seriously ??? That was the first time I ever heard of anyone who didn't know anything about Michael Jackson.
I never cared much about celebrities, especially in regards to music. Back in 2009 (when Jackson died) I only listened to a handful of songs from actual bands. Most of the tunes I went with were from video games, such as Halo 3 and the Easter egg songs in Call of Duty's Nazi Zombies maps.

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
I never cared much about celebrities, especially in regards to music. Back in 2009 (when Jackson died) I only listened to a handful of songs from actual bands. Most of the tunes I went with were from video games, such as Halo 3 and the Easter egg songs in Call of Duty's Nazi Zombies maps.
Ah that explains it, well different strokes for different folks.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
I could never get myself into Michael Jackson as I always thought Tito Jackson was the most talented Jackson of the family. I felt that Michael Jackson was holding him back.

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I liked some of his songs and thought he was a very caring man, I felt bad for him for what his father put him through but I didn't really know much about him outside of he said she said stuff. I wouldn't say I liked him but I also can't say I didn't. I didn't know him just like all other celebrities. I mainly only know of their talents and I thought he was talented earlier in his career.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I liked MJ. I even cried when I heard he died. I had even hoped to've been able to go to one of his concerts before he died. I still listen tonhis songs

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
I thought his music was great and he was very entertaining.. I was in prison when he passed away though so i didn't hear about it until a few months afterwards.. MJ will always be the king though.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Liked Jackson 5 stuff more than his solo stuff, but I dug his early solo stuff a lot too.