Did you enjoy Miz' title reign?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I didn't see hardly any of The Miz's title reign, but I've seen a lot of The Miz himself and I have to say I am not impressed. He is average in the ring and on the mic. And his catch phrases ('REALLY?', and 'I'm The Miz And I'm Awesome') are lame. I see a guy I'd rather watch in the midcard permanently rather than the main event.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Have no problem people insulting Miz' ring work, because I agree, he needs to improve. But people insulting his mic work doesn't make sense. Watch the segment with Miz, Rock and Cena in the ring. Miz was the best mic-worker out of those 3 during that segment, that speaks volume.

YouTube "The Miz Awesome Promo" and watch his promo on MVP. He's one of the best mic workers in WWE, you can't insult him for a catch phrase, everyone has one. Rock has millions (pun completely intended) yet he gets no slate for it.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Have no problem people insulting Miz' ring work, because I agree, he needs to improve. But people insulting his mic work doesn't make sense. Watch the segment with Miz, Rock and Cena in the ring. Miz was the best mic-worker out of those 3 during that segment, that speaks volume.

YouTube "The Miz Awesome Promo" and watch his promo on MVP. He's one of the best mic workers in WWE, you can't insult him for a catch phrase, everyone has one. Rock has millions (pun completely intended) yet he gets no slate for it.

I didn't insult Miz's mic work, in fact, if you read my post carefully, I said he can work the mic, no doubt about it, he can work the mic very well. But you gotta separate the mic work from talking, those are two different disciplines. Sure, one can work the mic, he's confident and all that jazz, but the thing is - what to say? How to say it? Facial expressions, intonation, acting abilities, etc. And The Miz fails badly in those categories. To sum up: The Miz - great mic worker, but bad, dull, boring and one dimensional talker and actor, IMO.

Same goes for Teh Rock, I used to make some crusades on other forums with Teh Rock fanboys regarding his talking abilities. Teh Rock is another lousy, childish talker. Great mic worker, one of the best ever, but the things he says, the way he speaks, meh... Fuck that shit, am I a moron for wanting something deeper and more subtle from pro wrestling?

My original post, about The Miz:

JoeRulz said:
I just couldn't enjoy it. Some may enjoy his mic work and think "it's cool, he does catchphrases", but IMO, he's one of the worst talkers in WWE. Sure, he can work the mic, and he's very self-confident, but his delivery sucks IMO, he's VERY bad actor, his remarks are cheap. The highlights of his reign were the EC match against Lawler and the segment where he imitated Teh Rock. Not enough for me, sorry. The Miz was a very passionate worker, but let's face it - he sucks, not even his great work ethics can cover that.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:

Im sure 90% of the wrestling fans will agree miz is one of the most boring guys at the mic currently.
Yes we can insukt him for a catch phrase, everyone has one but they r different.
Wait miz out mic skilled rock and cena at that segment? I personally think nobody even gave a shit about what miz had to say, they were too busy wanting to listen to the rock and cena.

Dont even try comparing miz's mic skills to rock or cena, he isnt even close to being a quater of the other two.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
JoeRulz said:
I didn't insult Miz's mic work, in fact, if you read my post carefully, I said he can work the mic, no doubt about it, he can work the mic very well. But you gotta separate the mic work from talking, those are two different disciplines. Sure, one can work the mic, he's confident and all that jazz, but the thing is - what to say? How to say it? Facial expressions, intonation, acting abilities, etc. And The Miz fails badly in those categories. To sum up: The Miz - great mic worker, but bad, dull, boring and one dimensional talker and actor, IMO.

Same goes for Teh Rock, I used to make some crusades on other forums with Teh Rock fanboys regarding his talking abilities. Teh Rock is another lousy, childish talker. Great mic worker, one of the best ever, but the things he says, the way he speaks, meh... Fuck that shit, am I a moron for wanting something deeper and more subtle from pro wrestling?

My original post, about The Miz:

Post wasn't aimed at you. But I disagree with your point, Miz can be funny, serious and the rest on the mic. The heat he gets is proof of that. My post was aimed at those who diss Miz' mic work in general like the post above :facepalm:

JeebaK, 90% of this userbase said that Miz is in the top 5 mic workers, read the thread. Most of the IWC in general say he's great in the mic but needs to improve in the ring, that's true. Even his haters can say he's good on the mic. But I've stopped taking most of your posts seriously tbh.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
He's really good on the mic, but only really says 4 sentences.
He needs more sentences.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
That's his booking. I don't believe Miz has been given permission like Punk to go off bullet points. Miz does repeat a lot of his stuff but I don't think that's he himself, I think that's WWE.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Gif Crayo's reaction when he finally realizes & accepts Miz is being de-pushed/buried:

2ih01ky.gif

Reactions: Bort

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
That's his booking. I don't believe Miz has been given permission like Punk to go off bullet points. Miz does repeat a lot of his stuff but I don't think that's he himself, I think that's WWE.

Wait, so miz's good sides (although he doesnt have any) are all his credit, and all his bad sides are due to booking and permission problems? That sounds totally legit.
I dont think WWE limits a guy's promo by directing them as to exactly how many lines they can speak. He can be heel and entertaining at the same time, just like Cody Rhodes is.
Is it really that hard for u to realize that hes a no talent wrestler and a no talent mic worker, mid carder at best?

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
I've always said Miz is who he is.

Does he remind me of Rudy? You bet he does

Does he have more grit and determination than all the guys in the back? He** yes, he does

All guys need to improve... all of them.

I don't rip Miz b/c, I don't have to. It's all subjective. I don't take back what I say... but I don't dwell on them either

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Crayo said:

I didn't insult him for having a catchphrase, I just think his is lame. And I don't recall any promo of his that was all that memorable. I don't think he is bad on the mic, just average. Maybe it's a natural bias against him since I'm not a fan of his already.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
KevinLockard23 said:
I didn't insult him for having a catchphrase, I just think his is lame. And I don't recall any promo of his that was all that memorable. I don't think he is bad on the mic, just average. Maybe it's a natural bias against him since I'm not a fan of his already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb_jEMFoi_k

I've always been a big fan of this promo. So I'd class it as memorable but I'm wondering as a non fan of The Miz what your opinion is.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
It was a good promo I admit, but as I said, I'm not a fan of The Miz. His character (and ring work) does nothing for me and his voice is actually quite annoying. So that sort of just logically carries over (for me) into not really caring much about his promos either.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
seabs said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb_jEMFoi_k

I've always been a big fan of this promo. So I'd class it as memorable but I'm wondering as a non fan of The Miz what your opinion is.

I loved that promo, and that was Miz at his peak. Like I mentioned earlier, I enjoyed his US Title/Mr. MITB run much more than his WWE Championship reign

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
Wait, so miz's good sides (although he doesnt have any) are all his credit, and all his bad sides are due to booking and permission problems? That sounds totally legit.
I dont think WWE limits a guy's promo by directing them as to exactly how many lines they can speak. He can be heel and entertaining at the same time, just like Cody Rhodes is.
Is it really that hard for u to realize that hes a no talent wrestler and a no talent mic worker, mid carder at best?

Do we ever really know how much control the superstars' have over their own characters?

Reactions: JC4Life37