Did you enjoy Miz' title reign?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Despite the recent hate for The Miz in the recent months, people say his title reign was incredibly entertaining. I agree with that, it was incredible in my opinion. Debate it with no flaming :)

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I enjoyed it up until the WM build started w/ Cena/Rock and he became an afterthought (Him coming out dressed as the Rock was probably the last really good thing he did). He's been mostly regurgitating the same old shit on the mic ever since, and hasn't improved at all in the ring, and has regressed if anything.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Agree with Dolph.
Him dressing as The rock was entertaining as all hell.
For the most part though, he annoyed me, and still does, because I think he's an absolute pompus prick.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
So he's a great heel then Jonathan ;)

I don't think he's "regressed" at all, we've not seen him in anything hardly to judge that. He's been in segments we don't give a crap about also. He was amazing during that title reign and many agree'd in the IWC. Miz had no fans before his reign, well, very little.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I disagree with you saying he had few fans before the title run. He was insanely popular with the IWC for his run as US Champ and Mr. Money in the Bank. IMO he was better during that stretch than he was as WWE Champion. His feud with Bryan was a million times more entertaining than any of his feuds as WWE Champ

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
What was teaming him with R-Truth supposed to 'accomplish'

I emphasize accomplish b/c the teaming itself was okay, but there was no execution of proper turn of events

I get that heels lose and turn on each other.... but Vince made it clear he was a fan of Miz work

If everything I said was true, then why not emphasize his strengths and feature him as the bigger star?

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
JC4Life37 said:
What was teaming him with R-Truth supposed to 'accomplish'

I emphasize accomplish b/c the teaming itself was okay, but there was no execution of proper turn of events

I get that heels lose and turn on each other.... but Vince made it clear he was a fan of Miz work

If everything I said was true, then why not emphasize his strengths and feature him as the bigger star?

Probably because he doesnt have any strengths

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
He'll always be the best example of terrible booking... needing interference to defeat Jerry Fucking Lawler. Ridiculous.

But the Miz himself did all he could to make that title reign work. He really got under peoples skin and entertained us at the same time. He drew the fine line between cocky and aggressive perfectly, and even at Summerslam after the OTL burial and putting over Alex Riley apparently for no reason, you still could have stuck him in the main event and it would have been believable. The guy really does have quite a bit of that "it factor" we talk about here at WF.

There's something about the Miz that makes him work as a heel. He's a former reality star which the IWC hates. He looks like a frog, so the female fans would much rather cheer Cena. He's great at his pompous prick character, so the casual fans will hate him, and his aggressiveness will turn off the kids. He's really the prototype for a heel.

Reactions: Crayo

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Draine said:
He'll always be the best example of terrible booking... needing interference to defeat Jerry Fucking Lawler. Ridiculous.

But the Miz himself did all he could to make that title reign work. He really got under peoples skin and entertained us at the same time. He drew the fine line between cocky and aggressive perfectly, and even at Summerslam after the OTL burial and putting over Alex Riley apparently for no reason, you still could have stuck him in the main event and it would have been believable. The guy really does have quite a bit of that "it factor" we talk about here at WF.

There's something about the Miz that makes him work as a heel. He's a former reality star which the IWC hates. He looks like a frog, so the female fans would much rather cheer Cena. He's great at his pompous prick character, so the casual fans will hate him, and his aggressiveness will turn off the kids. He's really the prototype for a heel.

Liked. Really good post.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
HELL NO! HE SUCK AS WWE CHAMPION! HE IS THE WORST WRESTLER IN WWE HISTORY! Which will also make him the WORST WWE CHAMPION OF ALL TIME! HE SUCK END OF STORY!

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
I just couldn't enjoy it. Some may enjoy his mic work and think "it's cool, he does catchphrases", but IMO, he's one of the worst talkers in WWE. Sure, he can work the mic, and he's very self-confident, but his delivery sucks IMO, he's VERY bad actor, his remarks are cheap. The highlights of his reign were the EC match against Lawler and the segment where he imitated Teh Rock. Not enough for me, sorry. The Miz was a very passionate worker, but let's face it - he sucks, not even his great work ethics can cover that.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
JoeRulz said:
I just couldn't enjoy it. Some may enjoy his mic work and think "it's cool, he does catchphrases", but IMO, he's one of the worst talkers in WWE. Sure, he can work the mic, and he's very self-confident, but his delivery sucks IMO, he's VERY bad actor, his remarks are cheap. The highlights of his reign were the EC match against Lawler and the segment where he imitated Teh Rock. Not enough for me, sorry. The Miz was a very passionate worker, but let's face it - he sucks, not even his great work ethics can cover that.

I can't help this, and JoeRulz, basically summed this nugget up

If you've ever seen "Rudy," you get my exact impression of The Miz

You could even play the "Rudy" theme song and put together a video package of Miz while the song plays

Rudy would give his two nu**s to play at Notre Dame so he went to Holy Cross... wait...
Facepalm.png

Miz even resembles Sean Astin... Let's make another movie: Miz... starring Sean Astin

Directed by Sean Astin... written by Sean Astin... produced by WWE Studios

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Uh oh. Crayo is going to ban JC and JoeRulez for those anti-Miz remarks

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Uh oh. Crayo is going to ban JC and JoeRulez for those anti-Miz remarks

Monkey5.gif
I didn't intend to burn, but boom goes the dynamite.

Frankly, If I don't burn I go from this :sleepy: to this :angry: to this :angel: to this :no: amd then back to this :angry:

.. and that will can only escalate into Perry Saturn territory