Did Cody Knew That Goldust Was Returning At Rumble

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Cody Rhodes says he had no idea his brother Goldust would be making a surprise return in the Royal Rumble. Cody tweeted:

“Watching TheRumble. Well handled secrecy, @WWEDustyRhodes didn’t even smarten me up, didn’t see Dustin the whole day, then I heard his music. We have MANY differences, but you’re pretty undeniable when I can barely hear said music because the crowd. Amused that I spoiled it for himâ€￾

Wrestlenewz.

Hope they will have a match at Rumble. Please WWE, make it happen.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
despite the Jericho return, this was my mark out moment of the night at the Rumble... Cody's reaction was just awesome, then the two of them going at it and Cody using the drop down upper cut... Great Stuff!! Not sure if I buy that he didn't know about it, but if so, good work WWE

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I love Rumble surprise entrants.

Now PLEASE. PLEASE let Dustin return to his vignettes and promos from 2002 (when he returned the first time) and book a Cody vs Goldust feud for Mania, since it looks like they've given up on Rhodes Scholars.

FalconPunch

Reaction score
Good little moment, Goldust looked to have lost weight too, and was clearly over. Another run perhaps? I'd LOVE to see him as Booker T's assistant on Smackdown. They were hilarious in 2002, a real highlight. They could do a lot of good together on Smackdown, Goldust could be used occasionally to further storylines in the ring also.

Also, I thought for sure Dusty was going to come in an the entrant after Goldy and clear them both out.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Good little moment, Goldust looked to have lost weight too, and was clearly over. Another run perhaps? I'd LOVE to see him as Booker T's assistant on Smackdown. They were hilarious in 2002, a real highlight. They could do a lot of good together on Smackdown, Goldust could be used occasionally to further storylines in the ring also.

Also, I thought for sure Dusty was going to come in an the entrant after Goldy and clear them both out.

Goldust as Booker's assistant. Sounds pretty good and fun.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
You guys don't want The Bizarre One to come back? The famous movie-line moments? He was at the top of his game in 2002 when he returned. They turned him into a comedy gimmick, but I want the "madness" to come back. The promos and all..

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
despite the Jericho return, this was my mark out moment of the night at the Rumble... Cody's reaction was just awesome, then the two of them going at it and Cody using the drop down upper cut... Great Stuff!! Not sure if I buy that he didn't know about it, but if so, good work WWE

This was a great moment, thought it was awesome that Cody was using it against him.

Pretty cool if it is true about Cody not knowing about Goldust being in the Rumble, would have been a nice surprise. Goldust did look in great shape and WWE say they are looking for reliable midcarders well why not use him. He would be a great guy to use to help newer wrestlers on the main roster by working with them and helping to get them over.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Great work by the both of them in there Rumble moment. A feud will help Cody be relevant again.