Did any of you see what I saw??? Humm...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
This is NOT a spoiler, but something that I saw during a commercial break during the HOF Ceremony.

During one of the commercial breaks, they showed a post-WM25 commercial for the fans to tune in to RAW to see who came out on top in the top two Championship matches. One commercial of course focused on HHH and Randy Orton. In that commercial, HHH was w/o the WWE Title and Orton had the WWE Title over his shoulder.

Questions:
Was this a major dumb move and giveaway to the main event and did someone make a major screw-up in showing that commercial?

Was this done on purpose to make more people watch and actually see who will indeed win and a way to mislead us by showing that commercial in that way?

Either way, if Orton wins, then that will vindicate the airing of this commercial, but then it will definitely make me pay more attention in the future for these kind of errors. Again, if Orton wins, someone in WWE better hope Vince did not see that error as much as I did.

Just looking to see some other opinions on this and if you saw the same thing.

MikeRaw

Well that doesn't mean anything. It would only mean something if WM was already taped, and they accidentally put a clip of Orton with the title.
Tha's not the case though. They just grabbed whatever clips they could find of each guy, and threw it in the commercial.
There's also the possibility they did that (which I doubt, I still think it was an accident) to get people like you and others thinking Orton will win,a nd then have him not.
After that commecial, I don't knowanything more about who will win than I did before, so I don't see it as an issue.

CenaMark54

I saw that commercial too.

It basically said, "who will be the WWE champ after Mania, Orton or HHH." And I beleive it showed both of them with the belt.

I don't think it was a mistake or intentional giveaway.

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
I saw that commercial too.

It basically said, "who will be the WWE champ after Mania, Orton or HHH." And I beleive it showed both of them with the belt.

I don't think it was a mistake or intentional giveaway.

Nah HHH did not have the title in that one. That is actually what I was looking for as well and when they did not show HHH with the belt, again I was like that is strange because in the other commercial, which made more sense, Edge was with the title while Cena and Big Show were without. They like RAW were advertising for SD.

As for me watching it or making me want to watch it more, nah, if I order it, I will do so. If not, then I will try to tune in otherwise.

seX-Power

Great. Now Vince is on his period again. Cover the HOF ceremony with a tarp! Tranquilize all production managers! Make a last minute swerve to give DJ Gabriel the WWE title! What will Vince do now the news has got out~?

noumenon

They showed them both with the belt. Orton had the belt over his shoulder and following image was HHH doing his RAWR spready arms holding the belt. Really nothing more to it.

Wordlife

I have it DVR'ed right now, and noumenon is right, they both had a title... still a weird insight if it just showed Orton with it, Vince would be pree-ty pissed

noumenon

Well, I thought the same thing as well. When they showed Orton with the belt I was like "Uh oh...stupid slip" then they showed HHH with it as well so it made sense.

Wordlife

yeah I had to go back and watch it just to make sure here cause I was hoping it wasn't an accidental slip, and I'm glad its not, cause it would've ruined it... though we ALL know Orton is going to win :D

xtremebadass

It was no mistake. They just wanted to show you both guys with the belt and wanted you to tune in on Monday to see who really has it since both men can't be. Those were old ass scenes of Orton with the belt though. If it was something I have never seen before of Orton with the belt, then I might take it into consideration, but no. It was old footage. No spoiler, not nothing.