DGUSA Nov 16-17 weekend discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Awesome, I'll check that out; thanks. Sucks that it can take so long for the DVDs to come out, but would be worth seeing on demand. I'm excited for Saturday's show, as well as Hero's return Sunday against Gargano. Hoping that'll be a good match.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Guessing Cole beats Hero then at PWG? Nonetheless, this sounds amazing.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Guessing Cole beats Hero then at PWG? Nonetheless, this sounds amazing.
Booking in PWG doesn't necessarily affect booking in DGUSA. Two separate universes.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Booking in PWG doesn't necessarily affect booking in DGUSA. Two separate universes.
I get it, but I guess seeing Hero vs. Gargano twice at two big indy events would be less attractive than seeing Hero vs. Gargano once at DGUSA and Hero vs. ACH and Gargano vs. Cole at PWG, no? My thinking is messed up right now lol, so I apologize if my wording isn't understandable.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I get it, but I guess seeing Hero vs. Gargano twice at two big indy events would be less attractive than seeing Hero vs. Gargano once at DGUSA and Hero vs. ACH and Gargano vs. Cole at PWG, no? My thinking is messed up right now lol, so I apologize if my wording isn't understandable.
I don't think Gabe is basing his bookings on Super Dragon's. I don't even think Dragon has told anyone other than possibly Cole and Hero how their match will go. Promoters are just trying to lock down Chris Hero for fear of losing him to other promotions. If Hero for example holds a belt or a top spot in DGUSA (not saying he'll beat Gargano) he can't work ROH and vice versa. They want to lock the guy down since he'll make them money.

Last edited:
Reactions: THG?

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I don't think Gabe is basing his bookings on Super Dragon's. I don't even think Dragon has told anyone other than possibly Cole and Hero how their match will go. Promoters are just trying to lock down Chris Hero for fear of losing him to other promotions. If Hero for example holds a belt of a top spot in DGUSA (not saying he'll beat Gargano) he can't work ROH and vice versa. They want to lock the guy down since he'll make them money.
Aha, agreed.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Latest update for Saturday's card:

Originally, Jimmy Susumu was set to challenge Open The Freedom Gate Johnny Gargano this Saturday in Queens, NY. Now Susumu will receive his title match at a later date. As a result, the card has been changed. It will now be Johnny Gargano vs. Masaaki Mochizuki in a non-title match and Anthony Nese vs. Jimmy Susumu this Saturday in Queens!

Jon Davis vs. Mr. Touchdown and Caleb Konley vs. Steven Walters has been added to the card this Saturday at DGUSA Fearless 2013. It's established talent vs. new faces in both these bouts.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Nice promo on this weekend's events by Gargano:

Also, "Johnny G. presents: The Roast of Johnny G." :dawg:

Stopspot

Reaction score
Horiguchi ain't making it to the states. Couldn't get out of Japan. Gabe has some replacement matches in place.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
We regret to inform you that Genki Horiguchi will not be at the Dragon Gate USA events due to travel issues. This has caused the cards to be reshuffled for tonight in Queens and tomorrow in Brooklyn. Let's get to it....

It will be Ricochet vs. Rich Swann tonight at DGUSA in Queens, NY back at the Elk's Lodge. We were saving this for down the line, but in an effort to give you the best possible replacement for Horiguchi we will present this fresh match tonight on live iPPV!

In an effort to build up the tag team scene, we will try out two new duos tonight. It will be Caleb Konley & Andrew Everett vs. Biff Busick & Steven Walters. There is a lot o potential here. What do you think of these new teams? Let us know on Twitter.

Mr. Touchdown will take Andrew Everett's place in the Four Way Freestyle. The match is now EVOLVE Champion AR Fox vs. Shane Strickland vs. Fire Ant vs. Mr. Touchdown. If any of these competitors defeat AR Fox, they will be the new EVOLVE Champion! This is Fox's way of giving fresh faces a shot to evolve the sport of pro wrestling.

To followup on what Stop said.

Stopspot

Reaction score
(1) Jon Davis def. Earl Cooter - Physical beatdown of a match.

(2) Caleb Konley & Andrew Everett def. Biff Busick & Steven Walters - Good tag team match. Pre-match hijinks with Larry Dallas trying to get Konley back under his wings.

(3) Trent Barreta def. Chuck Taylor - Another solid match according to reports.

(4) AR Fox def. Mr. Touchdown, Shane Strickland & Fire Ant in a 4-way match - Insane spot match apparently.

(5) Ricochet def. Rich Swann - Great match playing up on the fact that both wrestlers are allies. Post match re-set up of the Ricochet/Nese feud

(6) Tony Nese def. Jimmy Susumu - Good match

(7) Masaaki Mochizuki def. Johnny Gargano in a non-title match - Another good match.

(8) Open the United Gates Tag Team Championship Match - Good match but the crowd wasn't into the Bravados beating the bucks. Bullshit chants were heard.
The Bravado Brothers def. The Young Bucks (c)

"His name is Chris".

Sounds like a solid card. I'll check it out once available.