Devitt admits an interest in WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Excerpt from a longer Fighting Spirit Magazine article about Devitt.

THE $64,000 QUESTION
This move up the weight-classes then begs the question: has Prince Devitt done all he can in New Japan? Furthermore, would a run in WWE be in his best interests?

“It’s hard to tell how anyone would do in WWE,” noted Rocky Romero. “But I think the Ferg is one of the most gifted wrestlers on the planet, and it would be hard for WWE fans not to take notice of him. His biggest strengths are his incredible connection with his crowd, and his ability to have the highest quality of matches through great storytelling and action. The guy is amazing at what he does.”

“On a personal level, he is the most honest, ordinary bloke I know,” said Johnny Moss of another factor that would surely work to Devitt’s favour. “I have never met someone who has had so much success and critical acclaim from peers and fans alike just brush it off like it's nothing. This is the reason he is so successful; his feet are firmly on the ground.”

“Fergal’s one of the most humble men you could wish to meet,” backed up Sabre Jr. “He’s one of the most dedicated athletes I have met, and he never loses focus or gives less than give 110 percent.”

From experiencing his matches and talking to his peers, there’s no question that Fergal “Prince” Devitt could be one of WWE's next generation of stars. Right now, however, the man himself is in no rush.

“[Going to WWE] interests me very much,” he said in an interview with The Indy Corner. “I'm sure a time will come where I want to try new things and new challenges, and if the time was right, I would absolutely be open to it.”

Becoming a superstar has never been a priority for Fergal Devitt. On the flip side, however, WWE should consider him a signing of paramount importance.

Imagine Devitt vs Bryan if he ever went to Stamford
source

Tommyspud

Jobber
Reaction score
If Devitt leaves... Apollo 55 won't be itself anymore... Taguchi will be all by his lonesome.

Then I won't have a full-time Junior Tag Team to root for besides Forever Hooligans. Yes, I consider the Time Splitters to just not last very long, depending on Shelley and the Jr Title... and they don't bring Taka/Taichi, Kendrick/Ki, Jado/Gedo out enough for... consistency.

AND NO LIMIT IS STILL PUNTING EACH OTHER IN THE FACE.

I guess I could root for Tiger Mask and Jushin Liger though.

Though, Devitt in WWE would be something... if WWE would get behind him. Truthfully, it all has to do with the booking team's thoughts.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend it to him, unless WWE plans to invest into cruiserweights massively, aka that potential CW show at the WWE Network. Devitt is a skilled all-rounder, but idk... He's Irish, so he could go well. Again, so is Joe Hennig...